Why I go Anon on GAG

Why I go ANON on GAG.Well, all of my felow GAGers here must know about the anonymous feature you can choose for asking questions and posting opinions. I just wanted to give a quick share as to why I go anonymous.

1.) My number one biggest reason as to why I choose to be anonymous is because I'm insanely scared that someone I might know will be on this site, recognize me, and get offended by what I say. Truth be told, a TON of my questions (and a few of my answers hee hee) revolve around my ex boyfriend. "Why did he do ____?" "Does he want to get back together?" "He's such a douche." I can't be looking like an obssessed ex girlfriend can I? (Even though I totally was at one point.) NO. I CAN'T. I REFUSE TO. Plus, he'd totally kill me, say I betrayed his trust blah, blah, blah. But HAPPILY through the endless advice I received at GAG, I can officially declare that I am over him. And moved on ;) So now I just ask ridiculous, over analyzed questions about my new guy's behavior. (lol) But I'm always super grateful for the advice I receive. So many people on here are caring and willing to help.

2.) My second reason for being anonyous is that sometimes, hey, lemme be honest, I'll feel bitchy. Wanna make fun of someone's sweater? LET'S GO ANON. HEY. INSULTS EVERYWHERE. Rude, but true. My secret is out... I don't hate on everyone. I just don't appreciate the tone of certain people's questions. Like sometimes those "How Do I Look?" ones. "Am I pretty? I mean everyone tells me I'm the hottest girl in school...." Like bitch, you so full of yourself seriously. Ugh. I'm a meanie sometimes.

3.) My third reason as to why I go anonymous sometimes is if I'll share something personal or get really deep. I don't know why, but something inside me wants to hide that from strangers (y'all are great but still). I want to hide the pieces of me that I only show to those closest to me. I'm glad GAG gives me the option to only let certain people see inside my heart. I'll pour out a bit from my soul, but I have my fortress to keep me safe. Keep that special part of me to myself, just to the extent where no one can see the window that is myself. Maybe it's a defense mechanism? Not sure, but I like the guard I can put up.

That's pretty much it. Maybe you guys can relate or have other reasons, but maybe this was helpful to those who always want to put their face forward, and don't understand why we'd hide. But I love the anons.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS GOD BLESS

- Anonymous

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• I just figured it's kinda impossible to know who I am FOR SURE, because I never tell my last name or the city I live in.

• #1 & #2 are the most common but I can never relate to it. YOU should be responsible for what you have written.
    However I liked #3 but you can escape from it. Why are you giving your personal details? Anyway, it's good reason.
    I liked your signature too.

• Yes the anonymous feature is good
    so i don't know how much privacy were
    getting but holding on to the past of ex love
    i can feel your not happy you want feel
    pretty just like any woman does trust me
    letting someone bring us down will make us
    feel worse than hell unless we learn to love our
    self's by letting go of the past no one else will do
    it for us but i wonder what kind of life's people
    have on the Internet i bet we would all be surprise.

• I love the anon feature too and for all your reasons too. I love to bitch about bitches on here, male and female bitches lol hahaha

• Your ex bf must have done you something strong. And so what if people you know get on here and see you? (honestly, im scared of the same, but I overcame it and thats when i put a pic up)
    in my case, i feel it will make people begin to understand the enigma that I am. Its also why my profile is open. Read my comments, view my questions... see what goes on in my mind.
    Sadly, I remain an enigma lol... i must be good.
    P. S... I've been holding the name Anony Mous... since 2003. heads up lol.. before GaG.

• tbh, i dont really think you need to be anon for those reasons. Unless you use a real picture of yourself, you aren't going to be discovered by your ex. Even if you did use a real picture, the odds of your ex discovering you here are still small.

You also dont really need to be anon to be insulting. I mean you are already anonymous the moment you create an account on here, unless you decide to share every detail about yourself on your profile

Third reason I do understand though.

• For the reason #2, anonymous users are never welcome in my questions

What Girls Said 13

• I'm always anonymous. I want each of my answer to be read at its full effect. I sometimes ignore or discredit users who I see regularly making stupid comments even if they are being serious at the time.

• I go anoymus once in a while because I feel like I'll just get a lot of hate and judgement sometimes so that's why I sometimes go anon

• My username is my crush's rap alias and my prof pic is one of the many high def flowers I posted on ig... But I doubt anybody would really find me through here. If so, then I'm royally screwed! All I tend to do is ask about my crush, hehe

• Is that you with the blue nail polish? If it's you I like your style girl.

• No haha it's Kylie Jenner, I love her outfit in it.

• Lol yup it's so cute I love the nail polish too lol

• I just don't go anonymous

• I understand sometimes I ask or make anonymous comments for some of the same reasons.

• It's understandable. We all need our privacy. :)

• I understand not the 2nd reason though.
    Being bitchy isn't something I choose to do because I want to, someone have to really say some rude, dumb or disrespectful shit for me to bitchy on here and I haven't gotten to that point.

• #2 is not something I appreciate. That why pple dislike anon

• Yes! That's why I don't allow Anonymous on my questions. I always ask questions in a positive tone. I don't see why some bitch about it.

• then what is the difference between you and that person. both are same.
      this is not about standing up.

• ? I meant bitchy as in sassy.

• Hey, I recognize those rings and watch! xD just kidding..

Like others have said, #2 is pretty much why people don't like Anons.

• That picture is cute lol

To be honest, I'm sure a lot of users who go anon can relate to your reasonings. Even #2.

• #2 is the reason why most people are against anon users. There's no excuse to be bitchy toward someone that's just asking for advice.

• Sometimes they honestly just trigger the responses in others. Similarly to have we went all-out on a girl who asked something about how to navigate as a dignified virgin in a sex-saturated society, and she called everyone who ever had sex with anyone "sluts".

• I would never be rude to someone for no reason. I just use it in reference to what @Tdieseler was saying. Like there was this guy one time that posted a question as to why women wouldn't "put out" and basically said all they were good for was sex, aka walking vaginas. He didn't understand why no girl wanted to have sex with him. So, yeah, I'll be rude to people like that. No one deserves to be treated as an object, and I'll stand up for that.

• steady and strong... i like that.

• Great outlook. people who are against anon questions have seriously no life and words can hurt them like a knife. ;)

• I'm only against it when the person insults me or someone else. Other than that, I don't care :)

• No, not in the slightest!! Why do you think I'm laughing?

• @laura1995 i wouldn't know. I'm just being frank. Not even being funny about it at all. I can admit if i stay here every single hour for everyday , i would become too sensitive and take everything to heart.