Has GAG made you more or less insecure?

Not much to say other than that and also please explain why? Thank :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I was really insecure when I came here. It wasn't GAG that fixed this. Honestly, I could appreciate the really really good Best Answers only after I figured out things that allowed me to understand WHY they were BA-worthy. Most of my questions used to be about why girls expect X while others say Y; and the answer was "stop seeing girls as girls, learn how to understand other human beings as individuals". It's a different perspective, and obviously the answers to these questions didn't really help. A lot of people don't reach this perspective: after you learn to read the behavior of others, and comprehension through empathy and understanding, all of these questions just don't make any sense.

• Wow I feel exactly the same, we really need to start looking at people as individuals rather than focusing on what they have in between their legs

• I honestly feel slightly cheated though, because I don't feel like denying that we're being socialized to see the opposite gender, as the OPPOSITE gender, which is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, and obscure, incomprehensible, and just completely unknown in all levels possible. Why don't people put more emphasis on empathy instead? That we should understand others by seeing how the same event assuming the same pre-conditions would affect us? It's not that hard of a concept. Yet it took me 20 years to figure it out. I even had to read a frickin' book about it.

• I agree I learnt this through gag. I really tried to understand the opposite sex and then I was shown the light lol. We all need to see each other as individuals. At least u know this now what if I were still lost?

What Guys Said 26

• Both actually. This is mostly an American site, and I find American women on the whole to be a lot more superficial and materialistic than English girls. This is just on the basis of my experience. I find English women far more down to earthand able to just enjoy your company without requiring a checklist.istill love American women.

So reading answers from women here can make you insecure. But as I've always said, you can only be hurt psychologically if you're capable of being hurt. So feeling insecure is a great opportunity to question these self perceptions and an opportunity for growth. As it so happens, you don't have to justify yourself to anybody.

• Thanks for answering and you are right it's important that we don't take anything too seriously. And it's definitely an opportunity to do some soul searching :)

• Hasn't really had any effect honestly. It's such a mix of answers which is what I expected.

• Neither. It hasn't effected me to be more secure or less secure. Maybe it has made me more assure of myself but overall nothing really has changed. I've just been given perspective about things and it has made me wiser. I'm still as confident as I was when I first joined.

• I don't think it's had any effect on me.. I knew what I am and what I can do before joining this site. I don't need the validation of others to tell me that.

• More secure.

• Why is that?

• See there's an example. Bubbie is stalking me. That makes me feel good ;)

• I wish I could show you my crazy smile and laugh!

• This web site has made me a lot more secure because i am able to ask questions freely and people will give there opinions. so far even though it might be harsh way of telling me things everyone has made me feel really good about myself and more positive. :) for everyone who has felt more insecure just message me and you will never have that problem again :) Lov all ya GAG people :)

• Why would it do either? It is just an information site. I have learned a lot of different things about women. Trying to understand the way they think. Which is basically impossible to understand.

• If anything I would say less.

You guys all have bigger issues than I have ;-)

Seriously, I see so many rants and desperately insecure questions that I'm not that worried about myself.

• Overall more secure. Dutch athiest pretty much summed it up perfectly. So many people seem to have problems far worse than I do. And all these rate me questions that pop up. I feel I look way better than a lot of them (no shocker right) and ladies say rhey look good (unless being nice)

I'm a little more insecure about my height tho.

• It's had neither, thankfully.

• Come to think of it, it's been more of more secure than not. Multi-tasking. It's had it's moments to where I felt less secure because of total BS but that's all it was.

• Neither one, really. I mean I've had some nice things said to me here and that always feels good, but my self-esteem isn't really that fluid and it was good to begin with.

• It hasn't affected my level of insecurity in any way. This because I don't really take this website seriously.

• Neither. I'm not sure why, but if I had to guess I'd say it's because nothing I've seen so far has surprised me.

• What kind of things did I see that only just reinforce your beliefs?

• I was going to ask what have you discoverd from GAG that U didn't know before.

• I stand corrected. Rock on

• It hasn't effected me in any which way. What about yourself?

• A little of both.

• More insecure cause allie cheer rated me a 6/10 lol.

• i haven't change, i'm more of a reader and laugh a lot so it doesn't affects me at all.Oh Actually something changed, i think my English are getting better.lol.

• i suppose more secure, especially when i first joined, i really had no clue how women really thought, but thanks to this site i do now. the thing i still struggle with is being more confident or courageous.

• More secured cuz of the rate meh questions remember? =D

• Neither, I'm still the same.

• The same, although some of the compliments I've gotten where very nice.

• I don't think it has affected me, be it negatively or positively.

• Hell I am born cocky. But what you did with your pic?:-p

• Without Gag I was a pimply faced virgin and now I am rockin and freestylin like never before. I even had consensual sex with a watermelon. I'm livin the dream baby. And what about you dear?

• More, I suppose. I see some of the dudes on here and think to myself "Oh hell yeah, I could stand out from them easy"

But then again, their odd, overpowering anxieties and whatnot probably keep them in their rooms all day anyway. So I guess the playing field out in the world is still a competition as always.

• It has made me more insecure

• Oh nothing just that he is an attractive guy that needs to work on his self esteem.

• That's nice of you..

What Girls Said 22

• Kind of both. In the sense of accepting the way I look=>more secure
    In the sense of accepting my beliefs=>more insecure lol

• Neither. It has no effect on my self-esteem. I feel the same way about myself now as I did when I first joined. Lol

• That really is impressive so why is that the case? Were u always confident?

• @cavmanier I completely agree.

• I Deffo agree cavemanier!

• Probably about the same. I mean I guess I may have been a little more insecure when I got here, but I have done a lot of growing in general, not sure GAG has anything to do with it. But of course people have said very nice things to me and it's greatly appreciated :)

• More secure definitely!

• Neither, GaG hasn't changed me at all.

• It hadn't made me either. I am one of the older ones on here and I have lived and seen a lot lol. Nothing really shocks me Plus I am comfortable with who I am

• More secure for whatever reason. It may not even have been GAG, but over the time I've been a member I've grown a bit more confident.

• No change.

Though I always appreciate it whenever people would say nice things to me. *warm fuzzies* :)

• I'd say more secure. :)

• Why is that?

• I know me too. Let's high five!! Whoop whoop

• Haha awesome. High five on that! xD

• It doesn't change me at all.

• no, nothing has changed so far. I'm still the same old me =)

• I think it makes me more insecure.. haha I feel like I have to study harder, work out harder, care more about my people, friends and families etc etc LOL

• I haven't really changed, I'm not really an insecure person

• I haven't changed in that way at all.

• Why is that the case? Were u always confident?

• No, I definitely have insecurities but the opinions of strangers don't affect me either way. I take most things with a grain of salt here.

• Whoop whoop I like that attitude girl!!

• It has had no effect on the way I view myself. :)

• At first I was insecure, but than I turned secure. But because of these 'rate me' questions, I feel kinda ugly cos some of the girls are extremely beautiful but people only give them like a 6 or 7. I dont even understant these rating stuff but I think most of the girls would be a 10 or even above even though people give numbers like 6 or 7

• these guys chat shit dont base anything on their opinion they are fuck ugly and behind the computer so they definitely can't talk. Majority had their right hand as their girlfriend since they were born and feel like they are qualified.

• More secure.

• Why is that?

• Because I realized that all of these beautiful and intelligent people I know are severely messed up on the inside.

• That's so true!! It's definitely a wake up call.

• It has not changed anything for me. But I know certain posters are hiding behind a facade and this is their fantasy land to be the image they project, which isn't necessarily them, and for them I trust it's quite the ego boost.

• More insecure ...::

• More insecure :(

• Thanks Kheserthorpe :)

I get told Im attractive by guys but so far no guy has ever asked me out on a date. I wanted to get different opinions and see where I can improve on interms of how I look.

• I did the same thing. I posted a rate me question out of curiosity amongst other things. I had very bad reviews and I felt hurt too. but, like you I get attention outside of the internet world. So I choose to focus on that, and the people who said those mean things to u need to look at themselves before they judge others.

The reason why u are not being asked out is not because of your appearance it's to do with your confidence and how u present yourself to the world. If you are shy u are not showing yourself to others so start working on yourself.

• More insecure

• Because I have noticed that the most beautiful girls get the most attention

• We are all beautiful in our own way. Figure out why u feel u need to have the same attention? Find yourself and you will find inner peace.

• More insecure :(