Do you think you are a good advice giver?

Especially here on GAG would you say you give pretty good advice to people?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I uh... I do Work of a kind, here. I - I mean, you'll laugh at me, but I consider it God's Work. Everything is God's Work! But...

I don't really give "advice" per se, on this website. People come here looking for advice and say "what do I do?", but they do more than come to you with a dilemma; they come to you with a whole world! They come to you with the Limit of their Possibility; their Epistemology.

I do not want to simply look for the preferable of two options within that world and send them on their way. Because when these people have dilemmas it isn't usually because of a material condition they are facing but rather because of an unhealthy world view, you know? So it is not enough for me to simply choose the better option and let them keep their world view. I want to shatter their epistemology! I want to remove the Limit from their Possibility! I want to destroy their world itself!

SO IN MY ANSWERS, I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS, EY?

I take my cues from Solomon. You know the story; the two women are fighting over a baby and they come to Solomon and they give him the Limit: the baby either goes to me, or her. Solomon shatters the Limit, and says 'Kill the child!' And in a moment of violence everything is resolved - the Limit is gone, the Real has entered, everything is laid bare; even, the doors of perception are Cleansed!

So, I am doing God's Work, like Solomon, or Blake. And, I try & give them a new, healthy world view! Which is basically Historical Materialism, lol. But I employ not just Marx in this, but scripture, and Nihilism, lol... Half the time I think I'm just reading people philosophy. But I think I'm doing good work here! At least!

So, I can't really answer - again! I break the limit of the two options! We cannot know whether or not I give good advice; I don't give advice at all! [snicker]

• How come? Oh, i get it!! "A storm is coming", am i right? :D

• Please make sure you use the infamous "Royale Toilet Paper". I would like to smell good when you're flushing me down the golden pipe.

• Yes. Just don't tell Elizabeth anything about it. She pouts her lips whenever something dangerous happens to me. She's a fine dog.

What Girls Said 18

• Honestly, my advice depends on my mood and outlook on life at the moment that's why honestly I'm not sure if my advice is always wise because it's really depending on my circumstances. I guess the more older you get, the more experience you have, the wiser advice you'll usually give :). Also if you are living life to your fullest, have a positive outlook, and gain wisdom and stuff the better advice you'll give to :) then you can tell others what has worked for you (not saying that it'll work for everyone else) but ya..

But I think I give pretty decent advice but then again probably not. I guess it's 50/50.

• yes, I am blunt, straight forward and to the point. I am not sure everyone like that. I think if you post a question then you need to be prepared for people to answer it how ever they want. if you don't like someone's answer then you shouldn't have asked the question.

• Not really. I don't give out advices that often. I mostly answer either fun questions, or questions asking for opinions (not advice). If someone asks for advice, I usually speak from experience, and I don't like to use the terms "I advice you to________". Instead, I say "If I were you, I'd _______" or "Maybe try to ________?" So I guess I offer suggestions, ideas, and share my own experiences.

• I think I am, or at least, I try to. I try to give the best advice I can to anyone who asks for it.

• I must not.

Most the time, I don't give it advice.

I make observations..
    I ask questions to make them think about their situation..
    I offer up my experience..

I find most the time I give actual advice, it is ignored.

• this is the best i can do

• getting drunk off a milkshake? i see :P

• the more sugar the more it ferments the more flavorful the more i drink the more i get drunk off it. TOTALLY MAKES SENSE

• yes I am but I'm crap at advicing myself and following it

• No I am not. My grandma always says if bold person has hair, he can comb.

• Yea, I think I give some pretty decent advice.

• Probably on par with the rest.

• Nope, Im not.

• Terrible. You'll do best if you don't listen to me at all. Don't listen to me. At all. Seriously.

• No, I do try to be.

• That's what I've been told. Really though all it requires is plain old common sense :)

• My grandfather used to say that common sense, isn't.

• Funny enough ( or sadly... ) I see it far too often! People just don't use their head enough. Thumbs up Grampa!

• I think I do but others probably disagree :P

• of course because having a cat eaten by a shark is not very sexy it's amazing.

• I do think so I like listen to others

• Not great, not terrible.
    I go through phases on here though, regarding the questions I pick to share on. Sometimes, I'll go through the questions asking for advice and dish it out, but other times (like lately), I respond more on the fun questions, or questions of likes/dislikes, personality, etc.
    People sometimes come to me in PMs for advice, and I try my best to help them. Sometimes, I simply don't know the answers though...

What Guys Said 14

• I like to think that I give good advice

• If my MH is the indicator of this then no I am not. But I feel like that when I take the time to give a serious answer that I can give good advice.

• It depends upon QA if he feels good or bad. My opinions are straightforward. Sometimes people get upset when they don't hear the things which they wanted to hear.
    I am open to criticism and i criticize too when required. But what i can say is that my opinions are sharp, honest ( even if it feels bad to QA) .
    Some people appreciate , some don't. I am even blocked here by one of thd user.

• Drugs are bad, mmkay

• Adequotely so.

• I am fantastic at it.

• No. And that's fine. I'm entitled to hold my viewpoint and give my own opinion regardless of it being good or bad. Most of it is dangerous!!!

• but, this is the year of dreaming dangerously! haven't you heard!

• ok :( but I'll use toilet paper, your favourite :)

• I promise!! It'll be the first thing I do!

• we are all on here for a reason right?

• Hell no...

• Apparently I only tell people what they want to hear 10% of the time, so yes 90% good.

• Based on my MH.No I'm not .

• Nope havn't even got one most helpful yet :(

• I usually don't

• No, I don't since I just say what I deem is cool in my perspective