Does it annoy anybody else hate there are so many anonymous people on here?

i mean if they are asking a really embarrassing question thats sorta understandable.
but whats the point of that anyway?
i have not ever once gone on anonymous and that was including my first ever question on here which was seriously embarrassing and personal
so what gives?

• it is a little weird
  • i occasionally wonder the same thing
  • its whatever they want/feel comfortable with

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always wondered why people want to be anonymous myself. Personally i've never used it as you already are basically anonymous unless someone irl knows you use the site, and knows your username.

What Guys Said 13

• Most, though not all, are gutless imbeciles who bury their heads in the sand attempting to protect themselves from reality, but in the end only managing to suffocate ignominiously.

• I don't hate it but I wish it was done far less. Some things don't need to be anon. Maybe they should allow each user to have a certain number of anons per day? I hate limiting people but it gets ridicules when someone asks whats your favorite color and someone answers anon. I mean do they really think people care about their opinions that much?

• Same as my question
    www.....com/.../q998398-why-is-it-that-most-people-are-afraid-to-post-as-themselves
    I hate the fact people can post as anonymous. if you have something to say stand by it.

• Yeah it really pisses me off. People need to just man up and come out with their questions. Isn't it anonymous enough that you're using an online question asking website? Also Gold Cobra is the shit

• It really doesn't affect me that much, yes it raises the possibility of trolls and abuse but hey, that more or less comes as a package deal with an internet connection.

• They can't completely eliminate the problem but they can reduce it.

• only temporarily. Trolling is like the tide, admins crack down on it and it fades away so the admins take the foot off the pedal. The trolls then return and so on so forth

• I think its more annoying when you give a rational opinion and people shit all over you. If someone asks for an opinion, and you give it without being a total ass, someone should just leave you alone

• i think it is cowardly to hide behind the anonymous heading

• I never go anonymous I'm proud of whatever I have to say and have no shame.

• You want a cookie?
    I don't get people that complain about this. It's not that big of a deal.

• I'm nit that sensitive, stuff like that doesn't bother me

• I just go anonymous when answering since you can gain a lot of haters especially with the quality/content of your answers.

• No, it doesn't.

100% of my answers on this site have been anonymous, since joining last February . The reason being is that I feel it is far more important WHAT I have to say, rather than WHO is saying it. I see users on here getting certain attention (good or bad) based simply on the fact that it's them saying it in the first place.

I don't care that nobody knows me on here, because that's not why I'm here. I'm happy with being unknown to literally everyone, yet my answers are taken by people as if I've never posted before.

"You don't get a second chance at a first impression"...unless you post anonymously. Then it's just as I mentioned: people take your words for what they are because they have no idea that I've even answered their questions before, or that they've commented on my answers.

• This is actually pretty interesting because it also will take care of all the biased responses too. Hah

What Girls Said 13

• Why does it matter? Unless they're trolling, it doesn't affect anyone else. Some people just like that "extra" anonymity that the anonymous feature gives them.

• It's either they like privacy, have low self esteem, or are pretending to be someone else (like a guy pretending to be a girl which would be funny Lol.).

• I don't care. Anon users are funny.

• I wonder the same thing. I've never gone anon, but sometimes someone might accidentally click the anon button, it happens.

• I think they should be able to choose that themselfes. Why do you bother? they are still people answering your question or asking one. It does not make them a robot or something. Maybe some people know people on this site in everyday life. Or just are embrassed by it. Nothing wrong with wanting to be save.

But that is how I think about it

• I think everyone has the right to be anonymous if they want to. That's why the feature is there and I think that it's something we should respect, even if we think it's a trivial thing.

• Vote A. I hate it. Why are they hiding its annoying :/

• Only when they're being rude or harrassing people and went anonymous to avoid blocking. If they're not, I don't care. I might wonder, but as I said, as long as they're not trolling or attacking anyone, people can do whatever they want.

• Because... they don't want their shit to come back and haunt them in the future?

• but how is it going to haunt them? no one on here knows who they are

• you don't know that. i'm willing to bet a lot of people on here could be easily identified by people who know them based on their user name, the content of their questions and answers, writing style, age, user icon, etc. All the stuff on here can come up in a google search.

• No, it is just a choice.

• I don't know I have never seen this anonymous users that you speak of. Are they common? Because I swear I have never seen them.

• Yes I wonder the same thing myself?

• Anyone else hate how there are people hating on anonymous posters, when you most likely will never know or get to know anyone here in real life anyhow so posting anonymous makes no difference in the grand scheme of things?

• I don't really understand why people get annoyed by people posting anonymously. It literally makes no difference at all, unless they're trolling or harassing, but not all anonymous posts are illegitimate.

I rarely post anonymously, but I'm surely not bothered if someone else does. It doesn't make any difference at all to me.

A lot of people do it to avoid drama with other users. Being blocked for petty reasons, being harassed, etc. It's a smoother experience for some, to post anonymously.

• Oh the irony, haha!
      I didn't mean to post this anonymously, haha!
      ^^ This is Sparrow24 - stupid touch screen o_O