Are you a different person when you go anonymous?

No details needed, it's all in the question. Do you transform into someone else when posting anonymous, or are you still who you are when you show your username?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've only gone anonymous a handful of times and they were all in my early days but of course it changes my answers/questions.

Generally they become much more taboo or insulting and its easier to do that under the mask of anonymity. I just so happened to get to a point where I didn't give a shit anymore

• insulting is not cool, anonymous or not..

• I said what im saying might have been insulting. Not that I was purposefully insulting someone.

People are damn touchy and can't take the truth a lot of the time.

What Guys Said 8

• I'm not that I 'transform' into a different person when I post anonymously. But I do maintain a certain dignified image in public (which includes this site too), and I'd rather go anonymous when I'm asking a question or giving an opinion which doesn't really 'fit in' with my nature or personality, or is too embarrassing.

• I've never used the anonymous feature, I wouldn't be any different anyway...

• I'm trying to remain the same person... the only reason why I would go anonymous is the subject - questions on sexuality for example.
    Perhaps the only difference is that you dare to say things that are 'a bit delicate'.

• I don't really post or reply anon. No one knows who I am anyway.

• Nope, it's still the same old me =D.

• Sometimes, if I feel like getting my troll on. lol

• It's still the same me, though anonymity doesn't change the quality of my answers

• Yes I usually answer sexual questions that way. I am kind of shy so I don't want my name attached to it.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I'm not different when/if I go anonymous. Although, I very rarely go anonymous anyway. The only few times I've used that feature is when I was posting something really embarrassing or personal.

• I'm not much different might be a little more brutal if I go anon.

• Same person. Going anonymous means I don't want my username associated with the question I am asking or answering. Even online I get embarrassed easily, even though I am technically anonymous anyway.

• Im brutally honest when I go anon which is rare.