Old timers, do you sometimes feel like you need time off GAG?

If you're otherwise very active on GAG, have you ever felt like taking a break from GAG? Why is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• You just made me realize I've been here since 2011, it's seriously been THAT long?

I didn't even realize.

But yeah, I've taken a break from GaG from time to time.

All the dumb questions you know?

"He fucked me and then slept with another girl. Does he still love me?"

What Guys Said 9

• Definitely. Its far too easy to spend too long on this site and it can be a terrible distraction from studying and life in general.

As a student, the need to study has been the most common reason for me to stop visiting.

• Been a few months shy of five years. Definitely gets a little repetitive at times. I've never considered deactivating my account or anything though. I'll go through cycles of answering plenty of questions for a couple weeks, then I'll just answer nothing/not even log on for a while. It is what it is, some of the BS gets old after a while, but learn to ignore it and carry on.

• I've been here just over 3 years of which I've been moderately active for the past 2. I mainly just moderate, ask questions and answer questions which are appealing to me. I don't think that i'm invested oractive enough to need time off

• I know all the trends and have answered enough questions to know which to leave or answer. If i didn't have other distractions I'd be so active on here i would probably need a break

• Yeah there are times I'm gone for weeks or a month at a time. I do it when I feel gag gets boring or repetitive.

• I'm taking "days off" from time to time, but I still like it.
    Though sometimes indeed, you read things of which you think that it's pure emotion or frustration instead of an answer :-)
    My reaction is than exactly what Bubbiexo describes: amen!

• On occasion. Mostly because it gets repetitive.

• Funny you ask this because as of today I have to log off for a while. I've got a lot of things to get done. All of which was why I asked a special question this morning. lol

• This place will break your will to live and douse your hope in humanity and today's generation.

• I took a break recently and now i have been using it very occasionally

What Girls Said 7

• I've been a member since 2011 and I can be very sporadic because i just get tired. I think it's gotten better lately though, but I just came back around.

• I'm not exactly an old-timer as I've only been around for about 2 years, but I definitely need a break. It's really tiring at times lol and people make me so frustrated :(

• I have only been here about a year but there are a few times where I will have little breaks here and there. I get annoyed easily and some of the questions and posts make me want to bang my head against the wall. And certain people frustrate the hell out of me on here. I do enjoy GAG though for what it's worth and it's quite entertaining at times

• Yes. Sometimes it just gets a little too boring or repetitive. But usually I just take a couple of days off.

• I'm an old timer I've been a member since 2008 and I take long breaks from GaG. Sometimes it can get annoying or boring, but usually my life gets too busy for GaG. Also a lot of the people I knew are gone.

• Yes I need to take at least 6-7 months of it. If not a year

• When you say old timers do you mean on the site for a long time or as in actual age.

• on here for a long time, of course =)

• I was confused for a bit thanks for clearing that up.