Should a "under 16" designation be added to this website profiles?

There is an "under 18" designation already on this site in terms of user age.

Now that users are here as young as 13...should a "under 16" age designation be added to more accurately display the user's ages?

• yes adding a "under 16" age designation is a good idea
  • no, the "under 18" age designation, by itself, is good enough

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with Bubbie. Exact age would be ideal.

• That is one element of this website that I miss. :(

• You're welcome. :)

P.S. I'm not sure why the site's remix version decided to not post actual ages anymore. :-P

• I wasn't active when that was a thing, but I agree it doesn't make sense to remove such a useful feature

What Girls Said 9

• Great minds think alike! I had thought of asking this question myself some time ago =)

I think it's definitely necessary, I also think it's also necessary that they don't have access to the sexuality section. The thought of 13-year-olds getting some ideas from what people post there... *shudder*

• That would be a good idea. Between the ages of 1 and 18, every year is a huge gap. Now that 13-year-olds are allowed on GAG, they are treated on a par with kids 4 or almost 5 years older than them, while being in a completely different developmental stage. If such a category was added, it would allow answerers to adjust their answers to the askers.

• I think that's a good idea, at least so I can think about what kind of answer I'm going to give them. I also agree with people who said they should have their age listed. I remember on the old site, you could hover over the user's name and their age would often be listed in the box. Maybe we could bring that back?

• I would like that feature to be back! 8-)

• Me too! I think ages for people under 18 should be displayed and the feature should be optional for older members.

• I agree that their EXACT age should be given. Huge difference between 13 and 17... If not, I think they should raise the age again or at least have the option to hide posts by users under 16.

• If they are under 16 it should give their exact age. In my opinion.

• I agree :)

• Well I do think we should answer any questions they have about sex. My parents never once touched the subject about sex to me. They expected that the school cover that, but we all know that's not the same as one on one info. So yes let them ask sex related questions but they shouldn't be allowed to navigate the sexuality topic.

• I mean like ask questions about fingering their gf kinda questions or how to give their bfs the perfect blowjob. Not what is sex? or should I use a condom? or whatever.

• No, I think that a lot of the material on this site is not appropriate for under 18, let alone under 16.

• No, 12 is the youngest here and they'll keep lying about their age with rate me posts and first kiss or boyfriend post

• I dont hink so unless hey take out the sexual topic or just banned them for it. Kids are naive and innocent. They dont need to see the thigs some of these people post on here. Thats how you get 12 year old whore on maury..

• I meant to say I think so and I dont think under 16 year olds should be on here unless...

• Have they dropped the minimum age for joing the site to 13?

What Guys Said 9

• I can see the use for it, but I'd say that when a user under the age of 16 posts a question its quite obvious through either the topic or content of the actual question (At least its obvious to me) which makes another age bracket unnecessary.

• If the rules are still the same as when I joined, 16 is the youngest allowed. Adding an under 16 option seems a little counter intuitive don't you think?

• It's not a bad idea and while we are on the topic adding a age lock for those under age 18 for sexual content would be a good idea. I shudder to think of what ideas kids ages 13-16 would get from this site when it comes to some of the only adults should be seeing.

• Comon... you knew what the birds and the bees were when you were 16 too right?

"Only adults should be seeing" says the 18-24 category... I agree that many under 18's are immature, but what's age locking them going to do? there's a little something called logout, create a new account with an older age, log back in...

^ Foolproof.

• Sure I knew the birds and the bees at 16 but that does not mean that the material on this site is appropriate for kids that young. As for the age lock thing even if they make a new account which by the IP address could tell you were the account was located and the location of the connection was. It would at least be an effort to block the material from them I mean seriously some of the stuff people post on here is pretty vulgar 16 year old and especially people under that should not be seeing that stuff not even making an effort is the same as giving up.

• Yeah... Makes us 17 year olds associate with Tweens. :I

• No. I do like hitting on jailbait by accident. :D

• No it doesn't matter. But sure why not!!

• Ya they should

• think if you're under 18, you shouldn't even be on the site

• Seriously? I feel teens can use a site like this the most!

• too much r rated and x rated stuff that they shouldn't be seeing, ain't appropriate

• I'd have to agree with metal on that one.

• Should just display their age directly. Simple solution.

• This site used to display everyone's ages before, but for some reason it doesn't do that anymore.