Do I have to say 'thank you' after being awarded 'most helpful'?

It's so much easier to say thanks if the Asker had commented on your answer before awarding you the most helpful title.

Note when you just get it, you're like...eh...

When you award someone most helpful do you expect a thank you?

Do you always say thanks when you get most helpful?

• Yes, a thank you is always nice.
  • No need to thank.
  • Totally depends on you
  • I have never been awarded most helpful (evil lol)

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone doesn't thank me, its ok. Doesn't matter much to me.
    But if I am awarded most helpful, I always thank. Its just that I like it and appreciate it that the person thought my advice was so helpful. And I want to let the person know that I appreciate back for acknowledging my opinion :)

• Thank me...now

LoL

• Thank you!
      I would also like to thank my fellow Gagers who gave me this platform to express myself.
      And of course my family and friends who were always there for me!
      This is for everyone who believed in me.
      Thank you!
      *Bows down*

• Looool ow wow!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, always say "Thank You"

• I always thought of most helpful as the askers thank you to the answerer, for you giving them good advise. No point saying thank you back

• its nice to, but its not necessary. they won't kick you off or send you to jail if you dont

• if you don't you get kicked off GAG ;)

What Girls Said 8

• I don't feel like it's really necessary, but it can be nice.

• I always say 'thank you'. =)

• I always say thank you and a thank you is what you should do when someone awards you most helpful. They could have picked someone else.

• I mean it depends on the individual, sometimes it might pass by you and you forget but if you NEVER do it then damn you must be really rude. I TRY my best to at LEAST say thanks, it doesn't take much of my time and I am truly thankful.

• I don't. I don't get any points for adding a comment so why should I expend that extra energy?

• I don't think it's a big deal lol

• Totally depends on you but I would do it coz it is the polite way and to thank people for appreciating my comments

• I always thank the person for MH, it is just polite. But I don't have a problem if someone does not.