Should under 16s be allowed to ask rate me questions on GAG?

I just came across one today and wanted to hear your thoughts? go go go!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there's really something heartbreaking about people so young asking complete strangers to give them a sense of self-worth based on a 1-10 rating. Especially for girls, they've get so much thrown at them that affects their self-worth as it is.

• Thank you sir!!! This is exactly how I feel!! I thought douride was going to get the MH but it seems as though u have topped it lol

• thanks for MH !!!

• No problemo

What Guys Said 6

• There's no way of stopping them without strict filters that would annoy the crap out of us mature folk.

Mid-teenagers are always going to desire and/or seek public validation for their social identity. That's always been the case because that's a necessary (albeit annoying) stage in our maturation as humans.

I really wish they would stop though.

• I have no issue with people under 18 asking questions. But the majority of those questions I won't even consider replying to.

If someone else wants to answer them...I won't tell them otherwise.

• Would foxes be arrested for stealing chicken eggs? Your answer is the same as mine for your question.

• these minimum character limits amirite. Can't just say 'no', gotta riddle it out

• I just ignore and dont reply unless they're feeling down

• Pedobear must not be discriminated against.

• Yes, unless you are a fascist and probably feminist.

• age: 25 to 29 "you will LET me look at the 16 year old girls otherwise you're a FASCIST"

• Trying to tell people what to do eh?

What Girls Said 7

• I'm not interested in policing what kids do. But we should be very careful about what we deem an acceptable response, I think

• Yes. As long as they are old enough to be on this site, I don't mind them asking questions like that. Of course, anyone could lie about their age so it would be hard to regulate that.

But anyway, everyone wants to know how they're perceived by others, especially teenagers. I don't see the problem with it as long as the photo they use is appropriate.

• I am going to be honest with you and say that the thought if it makes me uncomfortable. Kids at that age go through a lot in that age and then adding this to the mix seems dangerous. There's a lot of mean people out there who don't care about the consequences of their actions.

• Yep that's one positive I guess and yes they do have a right to ask. Thank you for your input :)

• No problem:)

• I dont think they should be allowed on Gag, as it is now

• I think the rate me questions should be banned.

• I'm 14 and I understand how some teens are really immature and all that, but aren't they subject to their own opinions too?

• So you believe under sixteens should be given that right?

• Lol it is what it is.

• I still don't understand. There's really immature people over 16 too- it's just that people just don't want to admit it.

• lol I really don't care. They're just looking for opinions.

• Yeah I don't see why not, plus I still had no idea that feature was still on the site lol.

• Why don't you think so?

• Where to begin? lol..well they could lie about their age on the site, so even if they are 16 they could lie about it.
      -This site is made up of a mix of people, different, ages, gender, countries. So youngerst are no different.
      -They aren't babies, they can read what they sign up for

• Lol okay thank you for the input :)