Do you think asking questions on GAG gives you inaccurate advice/help?

every time i ask a question, i feel like the answers don't help at all, mainly because my questions i keep them short and sweet, and because they pertain to my real lift events, it's hard to write out every detail about the flirting between a guy and girl, or describe sequence of events in real life, and since answerers on my question don't know each detail, they assume the worse, and simply answer: like oh dump him he's cheating you, he doesn't like you move on, forget him find someone else...youre ugly go kill yourself..it just makes me not even ask stuff anymore..cause these are not even constructive answers offering any meaningful insight. i dont know why people come on gag act like they know the best advice and then tell you you're ugly the guy doesn't like u, he never did, move on...cause i asked one silly question about a guy ignoring my text or something...like how does this even equate to real life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even as a person with a 50% (gasp, it fell to 49 this week) most helpful rating (I still think Mr. Oracle is higher, *shakes fist*), I can tell you that every question I ever answer is grasping at straws at best.

No matter how insightful, careful, or studious I take any question there is absolutely no way I know exactly what that other person is going through even if it sounds really similar to something I went through. Literally in the space of 2,000 characters you got to describe to complete strangers a problem and we got to answer it also in such a space. Is that even possible? Its not like we got a magical video cam hovering over the Asker's life 24/7, its not like we really know the background of anything even if we did. You might as well send a spaceship to the moon for all the difficulty of truly reaching even one human being over the internet like this.

All I can say is that I try my best and I hope the Asker's can find it helpful. Now a lot of the troll things you are describing like "go kill yourself" or other things are mainly written by unhelpful people who have no interest whatsoever in the condition or qualify of life of the Asker, and just basically ignore them :)

Try to 'follow' people who give you good answers, and if you are lucky they will 'follow' you back, and then show up on your answers more because your Q's will be in their feed. In this way, you can somewhat build a circle of what you (personally) feel are more competant answerers from incompetant ones.

I am also sorry to hear some people trolled your text-messaging question. Even though I communicate a lot with texts, I "save" the emotional depth part for face to face meetings or calls, so I tend not to answer the very common "I texted... is he still interested?" questions.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think you get inaccurate answers, largely because majority of the questions asked are situational. Relational question isn't something that has hard facts like 1 + 1 = 2, everyone is different, many times people will answer blatantly with simple answer because the question being asked triggers an event in their experiences and all they know is "dump him". Is like someone asking you "How are you", and you say "Good" as an auto reply.

Another thing you must realized is that, too vague of an explanation will result in auto assumption. Meaning, if you say "This guy is talking to another girl while dating me", there isn't a whole lot of detail to work with, we can only assume that your question is asked in full and we will do our best to provide insight as to what you asked. The girl could be his sister, friend, mentor, teacher, whatever the case maybe. Answer based on assumption will make the answerer seem like a troll or hater, because the possibilities are endless.

Asking question is an art in itself, cannot make it too broad that you need a 250 page novel to explain your situation. Try more of a intuitive approach in solving your problems and ask specific question. Solve one problem at a time, instead of trying to solve it all at once, because not many people can solve the Rubik's cube in record time.

• You keep your questions short and sweet? That translates into vague and lacking in detail.

You ask a half assed question you get a half assed answer. Simple as that.

• No people hide there pic trash talk or say something stupid just to hate because there bored. I had a user vote me ugly in a poll and I know thats nothing more then a hate vote.

• no. i dont think i could ask for any better advice than the ones i get from the people in this site. everybody here is fair and straight forward.

unlike in yahoo answers aka the trolling inferno nor do people here try to be hypocritically kind and give you sugar quote bullshit like they do in Reddit

• Unless you provide concrete details, we know much less about the situation than you do. It's all speculation.

• a. impossible for us to know your situation
    b. people here are regular people

I don't ask for legit advice here lol.

• sometimes...

• duh, they don't really help because most people don't understand psychology that well and even those who specialize in it. and sometimes questions are boring.

• Put shouldn't be taken as fact, more as a way to gauge others opinions.

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately, this is a nature of the beast on its most basic level.

Many people, don't read long questions.. and short questions, often are missing the detail required to give a totally helpful, accurate answer.

I try to share my experiences, and let the QA take from them what they can. I will admit, I am one of the "dump them" people quite often.

Why? Because I think, if it isn't going well, why waste time trying to prop it up? Kick them to the curb and move on to the next one.

Another trap, is in our own heads when we ask Questions.. We often sorta know what we think, or want to do.. and really, all we are looking for is reassurance.. someone to tell us this is ok.. And when we don't get that, it's frustrating...

My "Advice"

Ignore the Trolls..
    Take in all the rest, even if you don't want to hear it.

The truth.. can sometimes by spread across multiple answers..

• It's difficult to answer questions about why someone is ignoring you, If someone likes you, or what someone meant when they said something. That's probably why. Can't really know for sure.

• That sucks...but it's reality. All you can do is provide more details.