I'm deactivating my GAG account, any last advice or constructive criticism for me?

So GAG has been less pleasant for me for some time now, for a couple of different reasons.

I have, however, had fun on GAG in the past, and have "met" some really nice people over here =) GAG has led me to believe that whatever I'm going through, whatever it is I'm feeling, I'm not alone and that I'm worth it.

I guess this post is more directed towards people who have interacted with me, or have noticed my posts. To the others, please forgive this selfish post =p

On my last days on GAG, I'm all ears. I know too well that I'm far from perfect or far from being the most tactful or most sensitive user on GAG =) But this is the real me, I never wear any masks, ever. So give it to me! haha... If there's anything you've noticed on my posts so far, good or bad, let's hear it. I'd really appreciate any input on anything that you think could better me. Give me your constructive criticism, I will take them seriously.

The only thing I ask is:
Please put it nicely. I don't want to argue with anyone on my last day on GAG. So please don't be mean, okay? =) Oh and my inbox is open for public, if you prefer to write me there =)

I may come back when I need advice again... In the meantime, I'm hoping that deactivating my account would do something good to my real life haha! GAG is too much of a distraction and I'm getting tired of the questions and some of the users. So I'm taking the high road and saying: Ciao!

You guys, thank you SO much for your very kind words! Thank you for making me feel appreciated and respected for being the real me. Because in the real world, Daph doesn't get to play that often. I'm mostly too shy or too insecure to voice out
my opinions the way I did here. I just think that nobody actually cares or listens to me, or that my ideas and opinions are stupid. I need to work on this.

Again, thank you SO much! I'll miss you all!

Most Helpful Guy

• Noooooooo Daph nooooooo!!! This news has seriously dampened my otherwise great day :,(

My advice to you is to be you and don't let little whiny attention whore b****** like that one guy we discussed bother you. They are only out for attention and if you don't give it to them...they die inside a little :) It is the best feeling to see them suffer, haha. I can't believe I'm saying haha on this post because I am so sad and not smiling right now...like the last episode of Breaking Bad :(

If you wanna stay in contact you can HMU and we'll get it...if not then it was very nice meeting you and seeing your contributions and I wish you the very best that life has to offer...you will be missed.

Your one and only redneck,
    Cgrade

• Awww sorry to have ruined your otherwise great day!

I feel like we don't talk enough, and you talk more with other girls! *totally jealous! haha!*
      Unfortunately, that user has half of GAG supporting that user, for a reason that I (and other users) cannot fathom. Guess that user is very entertaining. So.. whatever. It's not just that user though. I feel like the quality of GAG has lowered pretty significantly lately.. It's now more a place for bored people to form online acquaintances rather than an advice for solid advice.

What it HMU?

You'll always stay my favourite redneck =)

• Awww I'm sorry I haven't been talkative with you :( There are other people I talk to but I should talk to you too! I feel like a doo-doo right now. Yes, said user has all the infidels in line behind him but it is what it is. Sorry if I'm one of the ones that you consider to be here only to form friendships...I came with the intent of answering questions, and I still do, but I have met some really cool people so it's hard not to talk and form friendships with them. I will keep it in mind tho and try to be more active on the homefront. HMU is hit me up, throw a message my way, lol. And thankkk yoouuuuu, you will always be my favorite Germany dweller :)

• Don't feel that way, I was just teasing you ;)

Yeah, it is what it is, so if I can't do anything about it, then I will back off from the site completely =) Better for my inner peace of mind =)

When I said to solely form online acquaintances, I didn't mean you. You do give advice, and solid ones, to, as cann be seen on your MH percentage =)

All right, I'll hit you up =)

What Guys Said 35

• I shall miss you, it's always a bit disappointing to see a very pleasant regular of the site leaving... Soon i'll be stuck with all of those annoying ones you speak of. :P

• I know... those are one of the reasons I'm getting out of here... haha But you were one of the good ones Jonny =)

• Well Jonny you were around when I joined :P

• I was here almost a year before you :P Surprised I haven't scared you all off!

• Daph, you're leaving us? That's a bummer :( Always thought you were a swell gal! With summer coming I might not be on quite as much myself, but don't be a stranger! Good luck and good health! :-)

• Right back at ya! Have always enjoyed your sense of humour! If you decide to take a holiday to Germany, then I won't be a stranger! haha! Good luck to you too! =)

• You'll need to find a new distraction site or better yet take up a hobby you've been curious about. The hours logged on sites like this you could learn an instrument or learn a talent. Alternatively you could spend it getting drunk and arguing with an imaginary rat but something will need to fill the gap. I've been coming here less lately already as finding the collective is something I don't feel I fit in to.

• haha how did you know I've been spending my time getting drunk and arguing with an imaginary rat? I think the gap shall be filled with studying and doing something creative =)

• That's as the rat is called Whiskey Whiskers, the hoe bag talks to everyone cool when they are drunk and anyone who hasn't seen him isn't cool enough or drunk enough.

Freeing yourself from the Web gives you so many choices of creative options, though almost ironically they'll need a little Internet help for supplies ideas or tips.

• Don't go Daph. Just get the admins to get a different blocking system. One where you block them and they are actually blocked. You never see their posts again. The stupid immature opinions. The negative type avatars.

If that doesn't work just tell me. I'll go. You've been here longer.

You will be missed.
    :-c

• I guess the objectifying of women bothered me. The ignorant behavior, calling other people "beta", when they themselves aren't that great of a person, makes me nauseous.

If one day the admins find out how to do that, maybe I'll come back. Maybe. Or if the admins one day really pay attention to quality instead of quantity. And know the difference between users who post solid advice and those who are only here to kill time... (After all, this is an ADVICE website... not a social media)

• I agree with you 100%. But a lot of the problem too is that it's a free site. So even if they are banned, they're right back 3 minutes later with a new username.

• After 4 or 5 times being banned, I'm sure they could find another site to troll..They always do =)

• Keep being you.
    Keep being smart.
    Keep questioning everything.
    Surround yourself with whatever makes you happy and drop the remainder because life is too short for unhappiness.
    You're a special person so I'm sure whatever you encounter in life you can persevere.

Good luck in all your endeavors my friend.

• "drop the remainder because life is too short for unhappiness." --> my reason for making this decision.

I admire your tolerance and patience, man =) Take care =)

• You too! I'll remember you for a while that's for sure.

• Take care of yourself. Didn't know you that well but certainly know who you are. Hope things go well for you.

• I know you are too, definitely! You've answered some of my anonymous questions with insight and patience and I appreciate it =)

• I'll miss your intriguing questions!

• You're one of my favorite female advisors, so wise and always tastefully candid.

People leave this site for one reason or another, i'll miss you!

P.S. Check your inbox :)

• me? wise? *blush* You're also one of the most sensible, reasonable blue user here, and you care about the easily impressionable kids =)

• check now!

• I should've written your inbox first, THEN tell you to check.

Silly me. :)

• Just wanted to wish you the best going forward with your life. You've been nothing but positive and constructive on here as far as i've seen. You will be missed.

Take care

• Best of luck to you in everything. You contributed a great deal to this site.

• Hey Daph, well it was a pleasure to communicate with you on here... if you don't mind - since you have my e-mail address, feel free to post me a nice mail from time to time!
    Not every day because than it feel like an obligation.
    But it's interesting to learn from people abroad and care for people that you like.

I've appreciated every aspect of Daph as she is: always straight in your answers and daring to ask what you wanted to know. Good job.
    Stay who you are Daph. And if I may I would like to stay a friend :-)
    Tap on your shoulder and big cuddle from Belgium!

• Thank you Hans! =) Yes, maybe I will email you every now and then =)

• Thanks Daph! I really need it. I'll explain you why in a mail when I have a bit more time. I've lost quite some friends recently due to circumstances out of my control. I was a bit afraid you would be the next one.
      So, this message is comforting. In the meantime, take care :-)

• I think you were my one and only friends on here (on my friends list that is) hope you find something more productive to do. This website kind of a waste of time anyway

• Aw, I feel honoured! We haven't interacted since the update, I guess? Which is too bad...

• Didn't really get to know you but I see you're a guru, so I'm sure you've contributed a lot. Good luck in the real world! :p

• Being a "Guru" doesn't mean anything other than you've posted a lot of stuff in the past.

Thank you! =)

• To me if anything, you seemed overly nice and accommodating, even when someone was out of line.

• It hurts to be an intelligent, centered person in this world Daph, GaG has a way of...forcing that in your face.

I don't blame you for leaving, almost did it once or twice myself. Hell, probably will soon enough.

Gonna miss you </3

• It's hard to fake wit and charm girl, even if you're online, I don't blame you for having dreams about me :3

For real though, GaG will be a crappier place not having you around :(

• Spoken like a true master! Haha! Keep on rockin GAg and defeat all those fake alphas! Let em see who's the boss!

• you can only deal with G.A.G. IN moderation , other more important things to handle (this is like Twitter etc., or a video game u turn the madness off after a while)

• Good Luck with whatever you do next, hope you found the help you were looking for. Good Luck

• Good luck with the journey daph... and don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling.

• Harry Styles? Singing Journey? You've just won my heart! Woooooo!!!

• I'm so wet right now! haha

• gosh - you're near perfect girlfriend material. I bet you're fit as fuck too. How come chicks like you don't exist in the real world?

• No farewells or good luck wishes here. Instead, I'll express gratitude by saying I enjoyed your posts and advice.

You'll be fine in whatever you decide to do. Luck will not be a factor.

• damn i too dont like to wear mask either and i love saying thing like they should be which of course is why i call myself a red piller. so wow it kills me that another rep piller is gonna be out of here. but i really hope you come back. but in the mean time have a nice safe trip in life without gag and please never regret being a red piller

• Even though I don't understand and don't like the superior tone of all this "red pill" talk, I understand what you mean :) thank you :)

• C'mon Daph is it really necessary? :(
    how can I able to contact you afterwards? :/
    I'll inbox you.

• You've always come across as a very nice person, and it's a shame that you feel the need to leave. Best of luck to you!!! :-)

• No words... none at all.. just hugs, kisses and coffee xx

• Whatever you do offline do not blow a blood vessel!

• i never had the chance to get to know you, but I've seen your username pop up a fair few times. and from what I've seen, you have fairly interesting opinions.. some that are insightful and some that bring a smile to my face. shame to see someone leave but we all have to at some point, right? :p
    wish you all the best with all that is to come in the future and hope it all turns out for the better!!

• Thank you for your kind words! True, at some point, we all have to get back to our real lives :) wish you all the best too and hope you have fun on GAG!

• "In dreams we do so many things
    We set aside the rules we know
    And fly the world so high
    In great and shining rings
    If only we could always live in dreams
    If only we could make of life
    What, in dreams, it seems
    But in the real world
    We must say real goodbyes"

• :( :( :( :(

• Good luck and always smile. You never know who'll fall in love with your smile!

• True, smiles do hold power. I was really down and beaten after a failed physics exam one day, and this student who sat on a bank smiled at me. She never knew it, but her smile did lift my spirits up and made me feel a bit better =)

• See? So never stop smiling! :)

• I won't =)

• When you find a better GAG, please report back to us!!! OK?

• No Daph I wuv you! I have to know what kind of Asian are you? Asians rock!

• Ah, the best mysteries are the unanswered ones... ;p Thanks!

• Ok I like it though...

• more power for you then! =)

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 22

• I don't have any advice or criticism. I just wanted to say farewell. I have enjoyed your posts on this site and I think your presence will certainly be missed around here. I wish you the best of luck in all life has to offer you:)

• Thanks Honey! I've enjoyed reading your posts as well =)

• :) thank you. Hopefully if things straighten up around here you'll feel better and decide to come back.

• Maybe some day :)

• woke up in the morning, checked my phone and saw this...
    why is everybody that i know is leaving GAG?
    :(
    i mean it is good that people know what they wanted , and i wish you all the best in whatever you do but i really hope you would stay...
    :((((((
    you are very nice and sincere person...this is sad
    GAG used to be a distraction for me but now i just checked when i am free, it can be managed...i agreed that the questions can be repetititve
    among many users here, i would say you are one of the few that had interesting topics

please don't go..

• I know Kanga, I'm sorry, but lately I haven't been having much fun on GAG. I'm sick and tired of all this silly alpha/beta/elite/joocy talk, and I miss the intellectually stimulating posts. Lately the posts have been lacking those, and have been focusing more on shallower stuff. So I'm no longer interested in participating anymore.

So it's not the repetitiveness of the questions that got to me, but the decreasing quality in the questions and posts in general.

If you message me your facebook, I will add you and we can still keep in touch =)

• i agreed withyou about the quality of the posts, i am also getting tired of it too...thats part of the reasons why i prefer the old gag and also the reason i didn't check on the site as frequently as before..
      i will message you now :)

• you struck me as a nice, down to earth girl with an interesting take on things. your advice was helpful and polite. i enjoyed reading your questions too.
    i'll miss interacting with you.

• Thanks Coco! You also struck me as a real, honest girl, and very down-to earth as well! Keep being you =)

• I always hate to see a familiar member leave! No advice, no criticisms. Just know that I always enjoyed reading your answers and comments. You are honest and you go straight to the point no matter what. I think that's a great quality to have. Too many people on GAG now just beat around the bush and it's ridiculously tiring most of the time. I understand your reasons for leaving and I don't blame you at all.

Go forth, enjoy your life, and if I'm ever in Europe again I'll pay you a visit :D

• But somehow honesty and going straight to the point is not preferred in real life, no? So I don't know... But thank you for your kind words, and yes, if you come to Europe again, don't forget to visit Germany =)

• Thank you for answering many of my questions. And Good Luck with your adventure of life, wherever that may take you. :)

• :( I'm sorry you're leaving... Hope you return one of these days. Until then, best of luck to you. You come across as a really considerate person, I can't imagine you not getting all that you deserve :)

• :( well i dont know u on a personal level but i will say that it has been a pleasure reading some of ur advice on here, i know that ur a great woman.
    i do wish u all the best with ur future goals. GaG will miss u for sure. take care xo

• I can return the compliment! :) I've just realised how many users I thought were interesting and good, but have never interacted with.. :(

• thank u darling<3
      its ok, there are so many people here haha, it's impossible to get to know everyone. :)

• You seem like a down to earth lady who gives good advice. Hope time off GaG makes you more productive. It sure helped did when I took a break. Best of luck =)

• I wish you good luck in increasing productivity! I hope you don't find anything else as addictive as GaG to suck you in again :)

• Bye bye bye bye take care!!

• It kills me to do this, but...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s
    Bye bye bye :(

• I love em! Thanks for the nostalgia =) You're also one of the good ones, oppa!

• If you think you may come back don't deactivate your account. Just take a brake for a while.

• Omg you're so right GaG is unhealthy. I spend too much time here lol. I always liked you. You have always been nice to me. Thanks 😄

• You seem like a cool chick, Goodbye =)

• Not sure if we interacted directly, but I have enjoyed reading your posts. I never viewed you as harsh or insensitive. But maybe because I relate. :)
    Anyhow, I think you are doing the right thing, best of luck and drop in once in a while!
    Best

• Some girl have actually kicked my ass for being tactless and harsh haha! But thank you so much for your nice words!

• aww gonna miss you :(

• I'm gonna miss all the good GAGers, too, you're one of them! =)

• Despite the short time, I feel you are a kind and nice human being. I wish all the best good luck xxx

• Thanks so much, I've also started to notice you too and think you're definitely one of the good ones :)

• Thank you, you will be missed. Come whenever you feel XD

• If I forbid your leaving, would you stay?

• If you can make GAG a better place, I would :p but I think my real life needs my attention now haha! We never actually talk, but I think you're quite an intersting person, in a good way! :)

• Why does the Jedi Mind trick NEVER work?

:(

• Probably because I don't even know what that is! haha... Never watched Star Wars, not even a single minute :p

• Sorry to hear you are leaving!! I didn't know you that well but I loved reading your answers and posts. You always provided good insight to things and it was always no bullshit with you which I like. Good luck to you! Hope you come back one day!

• Aw, thank you! In real life, "no bullshit" doesn't always work though... people like bullshit in real life apparently.. You also struck me as one of the good GAGers, I think we happened to have agreed on some topics in the past, no? Take care!

• What is that in your profile picture?

• I really loved your questions and opinions you will be missed! Wish you the best!!

• I'm so sorry to hear you're leaving, you will be very missed!
    I wish you the best; in love, in happiness, in life.

Find your bliss (^_^)

• Thank you =)

Oh and you always say you welcome feedback, right?
      Well, brace yourself, here's my last feedback:
      Pay attention to quality instead of quantity. And know the difference between users who post solid advice and those who are only here to kill time... (After all, this is an ADVICE website... not a social media)

• Excellent feedback, it's much appreciated!

• Lol Daph1!! This is why you will be missed!! Your feedback was on point!! And I hope it's listened too. :)