What do you think of questions on gag with too long details?

whenever i try to answer a question i get bored out of the length of the details mentionned...they are as long as s***!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• Seems annoying on the surface, but in reality, it makes sense sometimes. I'd rather read "I met this girl and...[long story with all pertinent info]" than "I met this girl, and she's acting weird now. What do you think?", and then have to fish for details of the story with a bunch of back and forth. Just get it all out at the beginning. Some issues are just more complicated than others.

• true but some long story remain still unclear by the way they are written

• I hear ya, but I guess not being clear is an issue unto itself. I'm assuming that this is strictly about brevity, not quality of question-asking.

• I don't mind as long as there is an attempt at paragraphs and proper grammar. Long, run-on sentences that are barely coherent are just ignored. It's better to have a long, well written question than something half assed, and when I answer, I get a reply with a bunch more information that would have changed my answer but wasn't revealed.

• Sometimes I do, though I have written long questions myself. But if I had the interest to go to the question I usually read he whole thing, if I don't read the whole thing then I usually find that they put something in he question that I asked the question user, or they say 'I said that in my question. Sometimes if I think that its too long I will just answer the main question or not answer at all

• I don't mind long details as long as it's formatted well, and proper grammar and punctuation is used.

I'm not reading a 10 line run on sentence!

• I instantly close it.

• I NEVER read more than 3-5 lines of a question. NEVER !!!

• I like them. Less guesswork.

• I'm so serious, it saves me a lot of time. Like your previous question I was in had no real meaningful details so there was nothing anyone could do but "sympathize" because there was insufficient data to provide a problem.

Functionally you just whined on the internet. I hate that.

• i follow it and read it if i'm not busy.I'm more of a reader.

• if it's to long i don't answer and think "shorten this damn shit" I don't have 10 minutes to read this crap.

or i'll just answer the question title without reading any details.

What Girls Said 5

• a person you have never met is asking life changing advice about a situation they are invariably biased towards, and you know nothing about.

i think even the longest posts are still not going to be informative enough for anyone to make a truly educated informed assessment, without some investigating probing and questions, questions, questions. theyll just feel like they can.

to want short posts imo, is basically like saying you want to feel awesome knowledgable and helpful, without actually acquiring any knowledge doing any work or being helpful at all.

people dont ask questions so the people reading it can feel awesome about themselves. i mean if you help someone and feel good as a byproduct great. but the aim should be to help.

• it's a double edged sword...

if its too short.. I'm trying to fill in gaps.. left making assumptions or asking questions...

If its too long.. far to often it becomes unreadable between grammar, spelling and structure mistakes..

• If it's coherent with clear lines of thought and proper paragraphs and punctuation then it's fine. But if it's a giant wall of text or you're repeating yourself or not making sense then I'll skip the question.

• I dont usually read if it more than 2-3 paragraphs long

• I think I could crumple all that shit up in 2 sentences.