G@Gers, what are your views on site's Moderators? Do you like them or hate them? Do you behave differently on their questions/answers/comments?

hey fellas :)
Just wondering about that question I mentioned above.

how do you feel about them?

This is the whole moderation team - blog.girlsaskguys.com/.../

Do you behave differently on their questions/answers/comments or do you act yourself?

Thank you ^_^

• I like them
  • I don't like them
  • Meh

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I may be a bit biased. Lol But I think most of the moderators are good and contribute a lot to keeping the site helpful and fun.

I do know that some people dislike the moderation here though. I think that a lot of people believe that mods have more "power" than we actually do. I mean, we can't actually remove anything. We just temporarily hide things so that the admins can review them and make a final decision as to if it should be permanently removed or not. That's really it but I think a lot of users are just rubbed the wrong way by this. I also think that bad moderators in the past have tainted users' views of all of the moderators.

Not all of us are impulsive and just hide anything we disagree with. Personally, I do my best to only hide the posts that legitimately violate the terms of service. I have seen MANY posts here that I disagree with but I would never even think of hiding them because they are valid posts just like any others, just because I disagree with something doesn't mean I would hide it. I typically think long and hard before I hide anything and make sure that it is something that actually does violate the site rules before hiding it.

What Girls Said 8

• There was a period where they were out of control. Removing posts left and right for no logical reason. Whatever they didn't like they would put in that catch category of nonsense.
    Then there some very young moderators who lacked maturity and experience. Too much power in the hands of the inexperienced and the unwise. That led to favoritism, etc. You get the picture.

That said, it appears the quality has improved. And they seem to not be as uptight and in your face.
    I have always called them out. Therefore, I am not popular with the admin and some mods.

• Well I'm a young guy.
      So, What do you think about me?
      I mean after looking at my questions and answers here? :)

• You're not unpopular with me ^_^

• Thank you Sparrow. The feeling is mutual. Like I said the quality has improved much. :)

• I never noticed what moderators were up to at first and just wondered what that small icon was next to their pic. Now that I am one I do watch out for things we don't need on this site. I don't really do it often but I have not gotten hate on it. I try to be as fair as possible.

• I didn't know half of them were moderators lol.
    I would answer the same regardless. My opinion doesn't change based on who's hearing it :)
    Love you though! (Does that earn my some kind of brownie points or something? )

• I think Sparrow probably thinks I'm crazy with all the trolling I do anonymously. Considering administration can see anonymous users identify 😏

• I have no opinion on them.. I answer they way i want

• Pretty indifferent for the most part. I don't really even know who the mods are besides Sparrow and Daph- they've been really nice and helpful.

• I don't know who they are ! Lol

I have had a reply removed once and that annoyed me because my reply in comparison to the askers question and comments wasn't nearly as offensive or rude.

• I am fine with them
    Not too sure who are the mod except for a handful

What Guys Said 16

• Haha, I am friends with Honeybee and she's the only mod I think I follow. She is totally chill and you could not tell she's a mod at all just by talking to her or following her, tho I am sure she does her job quite well. She never gives me a reason to act any differently, she gives really good advice to everyone, and she doesn't remove people's posts or comments just for disagreeing with her so I think she is pretty awesome :)
    I am also friends with Sparrow and while I can tell she is very busy with this place, she also acts just like anyone else. She is admin so of course she will be giving more "technical" posts than others, but she is still that KarYn girl!!! haha

• She was selected by people's choice and it was for a reason.
      Because most of the users love her here ^_^

• =D
      I'm just preaching the truth, you are without a doubt the most down to earth, caring, and unselfish person here :) and you have lost more awesome than I will ever hope to have (which is none)! haha

• Lol oh stoooop, you're making me blush:) haha

• Vote 'A'

They are definitely doing an awesome job and I commend them for it :) They are great help to the already busy bee admin :) I thank all of you for keeping GAG clean :)

I have weak sight & am lazy on that count i.e. I don't bother myself with what I don't need to bother about lol so I don't really peer into if someone is a mod or not unless I already know that they are. I have been chatting away to glory with someone and this is the 2nd time it struck me that the person's a mod lol. So no I behave no differently if someone is a mod or admin :)

• Well as a moderator:

I have no idea. I mean we have no clue who does what or when. The rare things I've removed *or hidden as it's now called* I have no idea whether they stayed hidden or not. So I'm not sure on what basis people would judge the mods.

I think people likely have wildly overstated impressions of what mods can do.

• They do their job moderating the forums and I don't do anything to get adverse attention from them.

Just the way I like it.

• I like them quite well. Truth be told I don't really know or notice many of the other mods, and I actually think that's the way it should be.

As for whether or not I behave differently around other mods/admin, my answer would be no. But then again I'm not a perpetual rule violator.

My hope is that people answer my questions and post on my comments in the same manner that they would if my name didn't have the shiny little "M" next to it. :-)

• They seem to be ok. Never had a bad experience with them and even a few-beautiful bubbie, my sweet little hunny honeybee, daph-RIP :'( knowmeyourself, I'm probably forgetting someone but they all have been wonderful!!

• lol, no Bromance? :P

• Aww how sweet:)

• Just for you ;)

• Meh, they just have an icon beside their names, and the admins don't talk/respond to them just like how they treat us, ordinary users.

They are just the administrators' pawns.

• I don't treat mods any different than any other user, why should, their the same as every other user except with a few extra privileges. I see nothing with the mods, at least I've met =D.

• Wouldn't wanna say I like or hate them. I like them, but they are about as much use as a chocolate chisel in a foundry.. there needs to be changes or I for one will be outta here soon.

• RedT (something) and Sparrow are the only authority figures around here that I know well enough to have an opinion on, and they both seem chill.

• haa.. I dont know them and moreover i dont care them...

• I never think about that. Nothing comes to my mind at all '-'

• Most are my homies :)

I feel like you guys are the volunteer clean up crew for GAG.

• I used to be one here. And they really don't bother me so much.

• The mods are people, I don't act different at all :3

• I'll be honest I can't stand them.