Question Asker is thick-skulled?

Do you ever answer a question with the best intentions (i.e., helping the QA), but soon realize it was a big mistake?

Every so often I give advice (in a kind way, mind you) but the QA either doesn't understand what I'm saying, or just doesn't agree and feels the need to continue to elaborate and try to start an argument.

I realize this isn't exactly a productive question…I just needed to vent lol

Most Helpful Guy

• People often choose to take the blue pill in life, and thus stay in their happy fantasy land which I like to call the Matrix.

The moment they can take the red pill and accept and uncomfortable truth, that's when improvement begins, but not everyone is strong enough to do that. Thus, they just come here to show their weakness to the internet.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah, this happens every so often. it's annoying especially if you answer the question with the best intentions and then suddenly you are having to fight every point you made...and typically the person really didn't have a very open mind from the start

• Yeah. Boneheads.

• People don't want opinions they want agreement, justification or a rate me ego boost. I kinda like the down votes when you give someone the bare arsed truth.

• Yes…the down votes are always expected when I give an opinion I know they won't like. Tsk tsk.

• Quite often. People mostly want to just hear their opinion in someone else's voice.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, it happens quite often. There's no point in arguing with someone like that. So, I usually just stop commenting at that point.

If I've done my best to give a clear, concise, and honest answer and they just dismiss it to start an argument, then I can tell they didn't truly want help in the first place.

• Course. This is the nature of GAG.

• it doesn't matter if they act all sulky and pissy. you shot your arrow. it's fine.