How do you feel about not being able to see the upvotes/downvotes without voting?

I'm not a fan. Sometimes there are opinions people give that I am neutral about, but I still want to see how many people agree or disagree with them. It was also easier to see which opinions were more and less helpful when the votes were displayed so you didn't have to read through as many, and it seems like people just vote less in general now.

I like most of the website changes, but this is one that did not end up growing on me.

• I wish I could see upvotes/downvotes without voting.
  • I like it how it is.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• I actually like it better this way, because otherwise people jump on a bandwagon of voting how most other people voted, if that makes sense. The votes are more honest this way.

• Yeah I see your point, but I feel like part of that is the good opinions get upvoted, so more people read them, so more people agree and upvote them more.

• It's annoying. Sometimes I don't have a strong negative or positive opinion on someone's comment, but I'm curious as to if anyone else did, and I'd like to see without having to vote one way or the other.

• I say you don't need to see anything

• I don't even care.

• It doesn't matter to me. I don't Kat attention to this feature

What Guys Said 5

• Given this is mostly a teen site, if you let people see the votes, most teens will cave and agree with the majority..so you wouldn't get many ral opinions.

Quite a few older people are similar, don't get me wrong.

• I kinda like it the way it is, actually. I feel like it encourages people to give their real opinions as opposed to jumping on an upvote/downvote bandwagon.

• See vote! Cmon change it!

• Its fine either way to me. It probably makes more sense to have it this away though.

• I feel exactly as you do on this topic my man.