What is your favorite quote? Feel free to go through multiple.

So the title says it all. What is your favorite quote that can relate directly to you or cheer you up? Whether it maybe silly, or inspirational.

My Personal favorite is

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I cannot just have one favorite quote, but I do have my top 5!

1) The best gift a father can give to his child, is a well-loved mother"

2) "War does not determine who is right. but who is left"

3) "The things that have been slowly simmering always tastes the most satisfying"

4)"The first to help you are the ones who know how it feels to fall down"

5)"A man who knows what other men know, know nothing for they all know the same"

• I have too many favourite quotes but here's one I came across today and thought it described my insight well.

I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect - they are much more interesting.
    -Marc Jacobs

A classic favourite of mine is
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
    ― Dr. Seuss

• 痛みは避けられない。苦しみはオプションです。(Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.)

-Haruki Murakami

• Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

i feel like i have to tell every chump on here this quote that says "why won't anybody date me why am i single BLAH BLAH BLAHH BS!!!"

• “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra

“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.”
    – Joel Brown

• "Now to escape involves not just running away, but arriving somewhere” - Bernhard Schlink, The Reader

• If you listen to your fears you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.

- Robert.H.Schuller-

• "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

• “A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.”
    ― Leo Tolstoy

• You know you're in love when reality is better then your dreams

I think that's how it goes anyways.

• fuck it and get opisseeed!

What Guys Said 10

• "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Einstein

"...a God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!" - Mark Twain

• Seems the second one is more of a target directed to the unjust past of Christianity

• Well since then there have been new branches that have sprouted who follow the old traditional ways and teachings. Some don't believe and hell and use both science and other events to justify their beliefs. That's why i kind of put it that way. And i understand, i enjoyed it a lot also.

• That's a good point. I hadn't considered the branches of Christianity as well.

• "A strong man stand up for himself. A stronger man stand up for those who cannot"

"There are three things a wise man fears. A night with no moon, the sea in a storm and the anger of a gentle man"

"I wished he hadn't asked to do that, to be honest. Because I have a policy about being honest and ass-kicking. If you ask for it, I have to give it to you"

"Revenge does not end violence, only extends it"

"When the world is blind, we shall know peace"

"When mankind loses it's love of power and learn of the power of love, only then shall the world know peace"

"Only when mosquito lands on testicle, do you realize problem can be solved without violence"

"Shit happens"

• Takes a look at me quote doc.

Let's see.

“As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naive and simple-hearted than we supposed. And we ourselves are, too.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• What is understood doesn't need to be discussed

• "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths when you go through hardships and decide not to surrender. That is strength."
    - Schwarzenegger

• "Embraces do not matter; they merely indicate the will to love, and may as well be followed by defeat as victory. But disregard means that now there needs to be no straining of the eyes, no stretching forth of the hands, no pressing of the lips, because theirs is such a union that they are no longer aware of the division of their flesh." Rebecca West

I read a lot so I have a million quotes highlighted or written down everywhere, this was just on my mind the other day.

• "Every human being relies on and is bounded by his knowledge and experience to live. This is what we call “reality”. However, knowledge and experience are ambiguous, thus reality can become illusion. Is it not possible to think that, all human beings are living in their assumptions?"

• "If the good Lords willing and the creek dont rise"

• "Defeat yourself and conquer the world".
    -Mark E. Almencion

• "Well, I don't use the toilet much to pee in. I almost always pee in the yard or the garden, because I like to pee on my estate."