Don't hate me, but am I the only one who thinks it's unnecessary to thank someone for MH on GAG?

I know, I know, I should say thank you! Where are my manners?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's really if they want to. I personally think in general the most helpful thing shouldn't have value because all you really need to do to get it is blindly agree with the QA and tell them what they want to hear which can be very different from the real answer they may need to accept.

Like I'll give you an example. Let's say a girl is in a relationship and madly in love with a guy who slaps her in the face when they fight and has done so multiple times. She wants to stay with him but asks what she should do. She gets flooded with answers of "Leave this guy! He's abusive!" types of answers. But you get 1 guy who says "Hive him another chance. He's a good guy."

Like you could have a guy who makes a question like "Why are all women gold diggers" and have tons of girls and guys offering answers about not spending money on them, finding different places to meet women, etc. But then another bitter guy comes along and says "Yea! They're all gold diggers! They just want money. They're liars and cheats!" and he'll get most helpful.

That 1 answer will most likely get MH because it's what she wanted to hear. I see this constantly on this site. I constantly see people looking for "opinions."

What Guys Said 12

• I just do it because I think it's the polite thing to do, plus I'm usually genuinely appreciative. :-)

• I do it at times. I thank the fact that the other person has evaluated my answer as being the most helpful. It means I'm glad that they think that my input was the most valuable; it's an honor, really.

• Well people don't have to award anyone MH.. So I thank them for taking the time to choose when they pick me. It isn't like I thank them for me giving the best answer :P

• Right! Soooo different, lol

• Its probably not really necessary but it is polite. I do like to help if I can to so if I did, it makes me feel good inside.

• Just saying thanks isn't suppose to be a big deal is it? I like to say thanks that's just how I am. But if you don't like it don't say it.

• Initially when I started GAG I thought it was pointless, but I've noticed how many questions go without ever being rated an MH, so I understand it now.

• Mh? kiuasefiouhaeohfecaoheaiu filler/

• I agree. pointless.

• It doesn't bother me its just common courtesy.

• I thank everytime to show how generous of a real man im truly am...

• there is nothing that says you have to do it, but it's just a way of being polite

• I say thanks but I'm a nice guy plus you get extra +1 xper for comments.

What Girls Said 13

• Sometimes I don't say it (like when it was a question from months ago or I was the only answerer or something lol), but most times I do. I noticed most people doing it on the old GaG in response to my question, so I just kind of recognized it as a common courtesy and picked it up out of habit, I suppose.

• I don't say thanks.

• It showing your appreciation. When i first got here i didn't do it either, but i can be inconsiderate

• Sometimes I say thanks, sometimes I don't...DEPENDS ON MY MOOD :P

• sorry for MH :(

• i think it's nice to let the person know that you noticed and appreciate it.

• No , I don't have any problem. I like thanking people :) It feels good :)

• It's just the right thing to do.

• There is no spoken rule that you will be punished for not saying Thank you here in GaG or thought of being a snob. :)

• I don't hate you, but I always say thank you. It doesn't hurt anyone and no one else has to read it, so I really don't see the problem :/

• it depends on my mood

• I said it almost all the time depending on my mooood haha :P

• I thank them because I appreciate them giving me MH.
    But it's not like I feel obligated to thank them or anything, I simply do because I want to.
    PLUS, my comment will keep the question in LIVE FEED longer and hopefully get the QA more opinions ^_^