isn't anyone fed up of these race, rate me questions?

like fuck it's annoying is there a way to choose to filter out these questions so we can't see em?

Like gosh these stupid race questions, with some white people with superiority complexes or guys wanting this and that

and rate me questions gosh rate me oohh im so bored that why i ask blah blah fuck it's annoying

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah. I mean not really personally? cuz it doesn't affect me? but I've noticed some poc users get reaaally burned out on those race questions, & that sucks a lot, I hate that. I haven't really noticed a lot of rate me questions, though

I think it'd be cool if GAG had sth like tumblr's Xkit, with the Blacklist feature that lets you enter in certain words & it'll block posts that feature those words from appearing on your dashboard. So, like, most of the time that's used for people with PTSD who'll blacklist 'rape' or 'violence' sth, or people with anxiety who'll blacklist 'heights' or sth. GAG is very closed-source I think but it'd be really cool if there was a blacklist feature so you could enter in, say, the word 'race', or 'rate me', etc., and it just wouldn't show questions with those words in them.

• yea wow i wish they did for real <3

• lol, I wish we thought of this when they were taking suggestions for the New GAG :/

• we just didn't see the major incoming of these questions lol ahhh

What Guys Said 10

• Rate me questions? meh, though when people get nasty with their responses than I am not a fan.

Race questions? thats just to get people riled up. Same with the religious questions.

Any idea how you would go about doing something about it besides banning the question type?

• i wish we could have a filter option where, we could type in what kinds of questions or topics we wanna avoid so it doesn't show up in our feed, but I don't know guess i'll just have to avoid it like Mark of Insanity said

• I agree, and I think I'll probably just start avoiding them in the near future. For some reason I just always allow myself to get sucked in...

• Rate me questions are useless. You can tell there's quite a large number of people just trying to be nice. Kind of throws of the rating.

Race questions are entertaining because of the racist comments that always follow.

• yea i agree on the rate me thing
      But the race, i hate how people like to assume things on what another race wants or will do smh or think they know what i want when i answer.

• So what you're saying is you are looking for an open discussion void of prejudices prejudice? And your plan for this is the internet?

Interesting... Let me know how that turns out.

• i truly am not expecting there to be void of prejudices. I didn't say that.

• Yes yes yes.. they do my head in. By the way you are gorgeous 30 out of 10 !

• Yeah I agree but we can't control others. I'm just trying to learn how to let things be it helps me out

• Rate Me please I don't know if I'm pretty or not...

• It's your insides that count! Or ya know, whatever the saying is.

• Not fat, but "festively plump". And that's an awful thing to say. You should be ashamed.

• I am ashamed... So I'll take more edited selfies and ask another Rate Me question. Thanks, meanie butt.

• Yeah it is annoying but people wanna know how they are appealing at least on pics hence they post it. And gag is the best place i guess.

• Tum hindi janti ho kya? Kya English bol rahi ho re... Agar English vaalo ke saath rahe tho automatically aa jata kya?

• Yeah, both types of questions are equally obnoxious.

• I've found that this site doesn't really appreciate honesty or answering the question that the QA asks. It's just one big mind game where they ask a certain question, but the expectation is that you answer a particular way OR ELSE.

This is for the serious race questions that seem to warrant an honest but tactful answer. That still isn't good enough for people, because what the socially acceptable answer to all of those questions is "racism is bad, we're all equal, blah blah blah". Since reality is not like that and when you try to answer with an explanation as to why this is the case, it ruffles a lot of feathers.

A lot of people seem incapable of removing themselves and their personal emotions from the question and seeing things for what they are. Of course, that's probably also why these race questions or rate me questions won't go away to begin with lol...people want to hear other people say what they themselves are thinking or wishing to hear in their own heads.

What Girls Said 4

• Rate me questions are fucking hilarious.
    Race questions are annoying.

• I just avoid them lol

• I totally agree. Something really needs to be done about this. It's making me want to quit GaG, and I only came back a few days ago...

It's very toxic and negative.

• yea same here it's like so fucking stupid. Like gosh makes me glad in real life we don't have to deal with the questions so much. Yes very negative

• I'm more annoyed by the race questions than the rating ones, but both have gotten out of hand.

• yea it just shows me how people just stereotype and are basically racist lol

• Yes im so mad when i see a white guy say that he will not date my race but it's okay if a girl my race says that she would not date a white guy. because since I'm not why I can't be racist!
    so I'm always butt hurt all the time.