Should users under than 18 be able to ask questions having to do with sex?

If the user is under 18 and they are much younger say maybe 13. Do you think they should be allowed to ask questions having to do with sex? Personally, I think that if the person is under 18 they should NOT be allowed to ask anything having to do with sex, because there are people on here that are like 13 y.o.! They dont need to know how to give their boyfriends blow jobs or how to finger their girlfriends especially if they barely even hot puberty yet. Better yet the sexuality topic should be blocked from anyone under 18, then again, thats just my opinion. I can understand if they wanted to know about STDs or diseases thats one thing but wanting to no how to get it on is another.

• Yes they should still be allowed to ask sex questions.
  • No, I agree they shouldn't be allowed to ask in the sexuality topic for the same reasons youve stated above.
Also, do you think their should be age category of under 16?

Most Helpful Girl

• I strongly feel that the children shouldn't know how to perform sexual acts. Under the age of 18 is consider a minor. I think it would be a good idea to have a category for 16 and under, that way the experienced once can share things with the younger ones and the youngsters wouldn't feel that adult information is also intended for them on a 18+ topic. Weeding out the children is best. Learning about sex and learning how to perform sex is completely different. I agree very much with you.

What Guys Said 8

• They're asking GAG because they are trying to learn the information from a source that seems viable and isn't their parents. If under-18 people weren't able to ask sexual questions, we'd essentially be supporting the same logic that made the USA teen pregnancy rate skyrocket: being prudish rather than supportive for no better reason than "religion and morality", preaching abstinence rather than offer information about contraceptives and what sex actually does. I'm pretty sure a bunch of 15 years olds in USA high schools don't even know that's how kids are made, because their parents are so extremely prudish that they'd rather lie throughout their lives rather than admit they "committed sinful activities" to generate their offspring.

I am honestly disgusted by the backwards logic that the USA uses to "prevent" teen pregnancy, and I am absolutely against supporting it on this website. If their parents can't provide reasonable information without yelling at their kids, grounding them and pretending that having 150% control and surveillance like the NSA does over the USA is such a magnificent way of supporting their teenager's growth as a person. Did you guys see how the greatest feature of the new Nokia Asha is the ability for Parental Controls, so that parents can see what their kids are doing on their phone? If they had a household where they reasonably discuss everything, maybe the kid wouldn't need to hide anything in the first place.

Anyways, I voted A).

• I didn't realize how young they actually are? yea, 13 y. o.'s should definitely NOT be inquiring HOW to have sex. Sex, unfortunately, has been regarded as the norm nowadays. If your not having it, your not cool. Sad. People are going to do what they do, but they shouldn't be looked down upon for NOT having it.

• They'll do it anyways. They just won't know the risks nor the proper precautions.

• "Maybe we should teach them sex is a form of love. Only when you can express your love no other way then to have sex."
      not to the extent of what LOVE actually is. I love you to your friend doesn't mean..well i guess we have to have sex now.

that's a common misconception of what love is. and yes, the parents place would be to not only speak of what love is...but to show it to their children as well.

"if they didn't know about sex they wouldn't try to learn more about it and try it out"

that never was a point i made. all kids want to know more about sex. As a parent, it's not something i try to hide. My oldest has asked me about sex. I'm glad he did. I told him. Used scientific terms. Penis, vagina. It wasn't ANYTHING to hide from. Again, we, as parents in society, should be the provider to our childrens wondering imagination, their questions...so as to be there, as opposed to society's answers to their questions. You are right, the moral degrade in society has

• put filth on TV. There's probably NOTHING decent on that promotes good hygiene, health, and good ole positive relationships. It's all based on social agendas today. Gays, sex, and what feels good. You talk about kids knowing about sex? i ask what happened to good ole bike rides, playing outside, or going down to the river to fish!! Why can't we let kids be kids. Worry about worldly problems when they get there!!

• Better an immature but informed 16yo than an ignorant one that thinks they can't get STD's.

• Yes... It is important for everyone to learn and express sexual topics. If they were not allowed to do it here, they would simply go elsewhere.

• They need the answers the most lol. So of course yes.

• What's to stop them from lying when they sign up for GAG?

• I'm still capable of giving stupid answers.

• I had more questions about sex when I was under 18 than I do now

• Yes, they should be able to ask sexual questions. For them, that is probably a very important topic in that point in their lives, to where they SHOULD have a place to learn about it.

It's attitudes and views like yours that have been shown to NOT work. The thought that if we keep young people ignorant to the idea of sex and turn our eyes the other way, they'll never wonder about it or be curious. This just isn't the case because they naturally become more sexual when they hit puberty.

And since schools in our country adopt this same stance of turning a blind eye, they really have no other alternatives other than hearing about it from their friends (who are also just as ignorant as they are), or reading about it on the internet.

So yes, they should be able to ask those questions on here. This is, after all, a Q&A website intended to give people advice on things in their lives. Why deny people that when they really do need it and could benefit from it? Do you really think they'll just say "Well, nobody is telling me about sex so I guess I'll just forget all about these urges and curiosities of mine"?

Get real, dude.

What Girls Said 12

• Yes. Sex education is extremely important in preventing teen pregnancy and the spread of STD's. Not all kids get that education at home and not everyone has people in their real life that they can ask these questions to. So, it helps if they can go online and ask.

Of course, "how to" sex questions ARE against the rules for under 18 users and those questions will be hidden by mods or removed by the admins. If you see an under 18 user asking "how to" do something related to sex then please report it.

But basic sex ed questions are allowed and they should be. Too many kids have no idea about their own sexual anatomy and no idea how sex works which just leads to ignorant people having sex with no regards to the possible consequences. The general rule of thumb I follow for myself as a mod is this, if the topic would not be covered in a high school sex education class, then the under 18 user should not be asking it.

From the posting guidelines of GAG: Adult Topic – These are questions/opinions/comments that contain overly sexual content posted by users under 18. Our members must be 18+ to ask “how to” sexual questions. For example, for those under 18, a Sexuality question such as, "Why do guys get pleasure from nude pics?" is fine while "Best way to turn on a guy friend?" is not.

• Whether you want to accept it or not, young people have, want and think about sex. They're in the experimental stage, they need the most advice to avoid STIs and unwanted pregnancies as well as avoiding being used for sex. I don't agree that anyone under 16 should be encouraged to proceed in a sexual act and I would like to think the other users would also discourage this, but you can't stop people from doing what they want.

• They still have the ability like others to conceal their true age if they want to ask about questions relating to sex. There are other issues that comes with it when they allow young teens to interact in a dating forum site which is mainly catered to adults.

• since they are here, they should be allowed to ask any question they want. I think they will get better info here than from their peers.

• I think they're the first who should be able to ask those kind of questions. This way, young teens can get advices by older people without feeling judged. It's very important. If we don't let them ask questions, it won't keep them from having sex, it will just keep them from acquire knoledge about everything that's about it, even the important things like condoms and remember that most of those questions are like 'am I ready for it'...

• i think they should because theyre just curious
    when i was that age i was curious about that kind of stuff but way to embarrassed to ask my parents or friends about it

• I agree that sexual questions pertaining to how to perform certain acts shouldn't be allowed, but general sex questions should be. Teens are going to have sex regardless. It's best they're educated about it than not.

• 13 year old boys have seen more p*rn by that age than most adult women. Some girls as well. 13 is not too young. If they can get their hands on the information, they will.
    All one can really do is hope their parents restrict them well when really young, offer good info and all we can do is offer them good, genuine information ourselves.

But to pretend this site has some control over the content a 13 year old acquires? Lol

If it's a cloudy sneak peek into the world of sex that distorts their understanding of it vs an open network of information only the parents can restrict, I'd go for being open with them.

• they shouldn't even be on this site lol

• Indeed. I'm not even interested in such questions and they keep popping out on Live Feed and there's no way to control that? Like the percentage of such questions is really high, it's hard to avoid them! So definitely there should be some feature to handle it for younger members.

• Okay 13 year olds I see your point. However, in some places you're allowed to get married when you're 16. I think at least people 16 and 17 should be allowed into the "sexuality section".

• Do you think there should be an under 16 age category on here?

• Yeah I do, a 17 year old is at a MUCH different maturity level than a 13 year old most of the time.

• Nope. They are just learning about sex they should figure it out or ask their parents. I feel strange answering questions from young users

• Same here, thats why I dont answer any sex questions from them, If I do, I usually ask them how old they are...