Can we report race questions yet?

I'm very tired of seeing them consistently on this site. It makes my GaG experience negative and makes for a hostile atmosphere. Do you think the site should do something to stop this? This is a question/answer site and not a race war site...

Most Helpful Guy

• Race is one of those topics that is uncomfortable because it is NOT openly discussed very often.

The more it's talked about, the less of a big deal it will be...but this process is a slow grind.

• thank you for being one for being one of the few people to respond to a simple question without being an complete jerk

• you're welcome. :)

What Guys Said 12

• You can report it if you like but it won't have anything done about it unless it actually infringes any of the site rules. You can't please everyone, I personally don't get offended by any race questions... so if someone tells me a normal question is offensive and I read the same question, i'd have the viewpoint that it's not offensive. You could say the same about most of the subjects people talk about on here, sex, politics, religion...

• Again, you are a white man...of course you don't mind.

• This person is racist. You can see it in lots of things she has said. She posted this anon so how can anyone even know what race she is talking about that are infringed on? Swedish? Russian? Japanese? Italian? Mexican? African? Arabian? Obviously she thinks only certain races can be racist, apparently white males?

• Don't like em? Don't read em.

One of the things I LOVE about this site is how little they censor.
    Some race questions are asked to instigate heated debates, while others are genuine good questions.

• I am sure a white man would not mind the high number of questions belittling minorities.

• Still talking...

• this is probably the most racist person I have seen on this site yet. I'm not sure exactly which races she hares other than white men for sure. This is very entertaining watching her rant and do exactly what she accuses others they do. Funny. Hahaha. Either this person is utterly blinded by hatred for white men or a total genius troll.

• Lets just ban every single topic that offends anyone. Even one person. WAIT! Lets just take GaG totally off the web! Nobody would get their feelers hurt and take their toys and go home to tell their mommy. F*****g genius!!!

• Nobody is going to ban a type of question because it offends you. Don't click on the question if it don't like it. I see things on here that annoy the hell out of me but I'm never gonna ask for the to be removed because that's stupid. You're individual feelings are irrelevant. Radical political correctness should not spread here. If you're that easily offended then this site and the entire internet as a whole is not for you.

• Why so hostile? Unnecessary...opinion automatically dumped in the "dont care" pile. You could have responded like a mature adult.

• lol you mad? Oh wait...of course you are

• So mad bro

• It definitely does create a hostile atmosphere. I've seen a lot lately.

• Right. I see a number of really heated arguments every day. Debate is fine, but we should not have people trying to put down our races or ethnic backgrounds on a daily basis. Last night I heard Yang had a girl message him calling him all sorts of racist things because he didn't agree with her on something...

• I don't know, I didn't get involved. It started on another question related to race, of course...

• I see. Well i definitely think the race questions are kind of pointless. Most people who post them are probably insecure about themselves and that's why they do so.

• If we have preferences in race that
    we date, does not make us racist
    them videos you showed us on YouTube
    and them GAG members are not breaking any
    rules on GAG

• Could you give us some examples (links) of some questions that are emblematic of a race war on GAG?

• The search bar is very accessible

• The comments, not the questions...

• Don't read the comments. Problem solved.

You're welcome.

• It seems to be more of this now then on the old site

• Just don't click on them. Simple.

• The titles of those questions still shows up in one's live feed when one signs in...
      ...
      ...and because there is no dedicated "race" topic anymore, one can't filter those questions out of their feed like they used to.

• thank you don

• So you're going to let it bother you? People are going to ask those questions regardless of if you like it or not. As long as the question isn't violating the terms of this website, won't be removed and there's nothing you can do about it.

• So you're saying it is prohibited to post questions concerning races, racism and interracial relationships? This can be racist too.

• Fmd every question out there is going to offend someone just don't open it if It does.

• Well I don't like them but I think banning might be too high a level of censorship.

What Girls Said 9

• As long as it is a legitimate question, it will remain on the site. However, if you feel that the question is simply antagonistic or offensive rather than someone looking for legitimate opinions, then you can report the question.

For example, "Do white guys like black girls?" seems to be asked a lot. It is a valid question though and would not be removed. On the other hand, a question insulting a specific race such as "Does anyone else dislike *insert race here*?" would be removed as it is antagonistic and offensive. So, it just depends on the individual question.

• I have noticed some questions have a report and some dont. Why is that?

• The name calling actually makes you look like an idiot...

I fail to see how being well read makes me ignorant.

• Fair enough, no name calling ;)

• They don't bother me...if you don't like them, don't click on them

• people have questions about race. why should the topic be outlawed?

• I haven't seen any race questions that would be considered hostile. However, if you're not a racist, you wouldn't be so concerned about race and you wouldn't be so bothered by questions about it. Skip the questions you don't like and move on with your life.

• You can rate any question. But in most cases nothing will happen, unless they are openly racist, and even then, they sometimes won't get removed.

• *report, not rate

• Yeah, I know. I meant more "Can we report them and actually have something done about it" lol. But I guess not.

• Usually not. Like I said, they need to be openly racist to be removed, and even that is not a guarantee.

• You can report them as offensive because technically, they are offensive.

• I have before but nothing is ever done

• Do you mean race like nationality? I haven't seen many of that kind of questions!

• Racism is an issue here but not dealt with seriously

• Lol. I don't find the dating /race questions offensive at all. I'm not white. I rather know the truth than people lying to my face like there wasn't any issue at all.