Did the amount of xper points for an Amazon GC go up?

I was nearing 4000 points and was pretty excited since i was close to redeeming a amazon gift card that i was going to use towards track supplies. Today I look and the price of one is now 5000 xper. Is it me or did the price go up? Whats the possible reasoning behind this?

My question is why they said this on the G@G news tab all excitingly with a explanation point! This is not happy news that our awards are getting jacked up and the amount of xper earned for opinions are dropping. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup...it's now 5000 (used to be 4000).

It's a business move IMO; the website was probably giving away too many of them and it was costing them too much.

So they raise the level of all the prizes...and of course users are going to bitch and complain.

-----

Well it is either increase the XPer amount for prizes,

or eliminate them altogether.

I'll take the former.
    -----
    I fully understand that this website is a business. Many here don't grasp that cold hard fact.

• Good points, I kinda wish they would explain that. If they were to post how operating costs are going up, causing them to raise prize amounts, I totally understand that

• And I just got to 4,000-snap!

What Girls Said 5

• yes the price did go up and the amounto of xper we get for answering questions decreased grr...

• It did. I shed a tear or two over this new horribleness :/

• oh shoot ! no way !

• Thank god I got mines in before the increase :D

• yes they have raised there point now

What Guys Said 5

• Those are the only things I've honestly redeemed with XP as it is.

• IT DID GO UP!!! I was like 100 points away from 4,000 and **boom** it goes up to 5,000.

• Yeah, I'm pissed, I was going to get both cards at once, it just took forever to get 8000 points and now it looks like I'm going to have to be up to 10,000 points to get 2 amazon cards.

• Yeah I know it sucks. Im approaching 5000 points and going to buy the gc as soon as I get the pts, just in case it goes up again

• Yea I mean sheesh! Maybe I should just get the code and write it down because I could have sworn the amazon cards dont expire.

• Yeah, AND the points you get for opinions went down to 1. Say goodbye to amazon cards.

• hahah ya. Not really a big deal. How many useless machetes do I need?