Is the Blocking User function actually working?

Recently, I have noticed a block user commenting on my answer threads. Why is it not working?

Most Helpful Girl

• they can't comment on your questions and on your opinions. but they can if you went anonymous.

youd still see their comments on other peoples pages though.

What Guys Said 6

• It is working. That's the way it works. The blocking feature needs a huge improvement.

• No not entirely. When I posted an anon. answer in someone's question post, that person was able to post in my thread. This wasn't allowed in the old system. But in this new system. It is allowing that to happen.

• Yes.
    I couldn't post on a question earlier because 16charger blocked me lol

• Don't worry. He is infamous for harassing people here but he seems to be good buds with some of the male mods here. I've blocked him.

• Sorry I misread it. I was talking about a particular user here. It is not 16 charger.

• LMAO. he has me blocked too

• So that means I can comment on your stuff now? Woohoo!

• I tried to answer a question earlier and found out I was blocked by them for some reason, so I guess so.

• Yes. I accidentally blocked Nobless once and it worked.

• Yup sure does work LauraMarx blocked me LOL

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, it is working. Users you have blocked cannot comment on anything you post UNLESS you post anonymously.

I have been told that this is to maintain users' privacy. For example, if you have only blocked one or a few people, if they cannot comment on your anonymous post, then it's likely they will be able to figure out it's you. As long as you don't go anonymous, users you have blocked cannot do anything.

You can also block their activity from showing in your LiveFeed. If you go to your profile settings you should see a box that says "hide activity from users I blocked" and when that box is checked, you will no longer see their activity on the site in your LiveFeed.

• This never happened in the old website. I posted an answer/opinion in someone's question post under anonymous status.

• Just report the person who you blocked and let Sparrow or a moderator know about it and they will take care of it.

• Yes it does work

• I don't know I have nobody blocked

• If you post anonymously, a blocked user can still share on your question and/or comment on your opinion.

This information can always be found in our FAQ ^_^
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq