Does personality over rule appearance?

In today's society many are so focused on looks that sometimes we forget what is on the inside. So here is the real question, for guys and girls. Would you rather date an amazingly gorgeous girl/guy with a conceded, rude, and ugly personality, or an extremely unattractive girl/guy with a sweet, caring and, generous personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather be with someone who is genuine. Looks fade, but being with a contentious woman is hell. Why would I want to live in hell, just to be with someone who has a pretty face, or a nice body- neither of which will last?

No, I want someone who will genuinely care for me.

What Guys Said 9

• There's a balance there. To be perfectly honest most guys are visual creatures. So good looks will usually outweigh bad qualities in the circumstances. However I need to add that that's only for very very beautiful girls. And that's only a very small percentage. And the same would apply to girls who are not attractive at all and have great personalities. I might add this applies to you guys as well. Really everything falls in the middle to some degree guys do you want to date nice looking women but personality really matters especially as you get older. Like everything in life it's really about balance

• It would have to be both.

Personality is the biggest part of attraction. But there must be some physical attraction too. I don't mean drop dead gorgeous.
    If I want to vomit every time I look at them. Eventually the inside beauty will get over shadowed.

• Neither. I'd rather be single. When looking for a mate, physicality is somewhat reflective of inner attractiveness, in my view.

• Yes , i want a girl with a great personality
    all my ex-girlfriends, were cute not pretty
    i did love them but they hurt me cause their
    personality sucked.Yes i would of probably
    been with one of them if things would been
    different.

• Gotta have both!

• I'd rather be single than take either option. I'd take a girl with modestly good looks and a stellar personality over a girl with a modestly decent personality and killer looks though.

• I'd say appearance initially attracts (both genders) but then personality takes over. However, some guys just want a hot girl and don't care what her personality is I don't want that personality matters more in the long run as looks fade.

• as you get older...i believe so. People tend to be more shallow when younger. Nothing is worse than being with an attractive girl that's boring and just a horrible person.

• Looks will always outshine personality. The person can be the sweetest person but if they look like crap you won't stay long with them.

What Girls Said 6

• To a certain degree we are attracted to a person's physical appearance but if he would look 100% perfect on the outside and a bad personality on the inside it wouldn't work for me. He wouldn't have to be drop dead gorgeous but a personality is what will make me really fall for him.

• I can't do either. i will suffer with both, im alone...

• yes it does. looks are important but personality overrides everything.

• It depends but I would go with personality first.
    And for looks, average is enough. As long as I like his appearance,

• looks open the door
    personality locks them in :)

of the two people, i'd go out with the second

• yes it would
    personality is keeps a friendship or relationship ongoing without it there's no point of having a pretty or good looking face