Is this a DATE? ORR JUST lunch?

Guy friend wants to meet up for lunch, I meet him at his work and then we walk together to the restaurant.

-He asked me to look "hot"
-Opened doors for me
-kept pace, walking right next to me
-Offered his napkin immediately when i spilled my drink on myself
-Suggested things to try
-Conversation was non-stop
-looked intensely at me while talking, like squinting at some things I was saying
-Paid for everything
-Walked me to me car and hugged bye
-Text within 5 mns of me leaving saying "he had a good time and it was good seeing me again."

He claims to be a "great date" in general, but are these signs I'm more then just another "date"? Or is he just that smooth? Thanks all!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it was definitely a date and not just lunch.

However, this guy is actually just smooth talking douche. Let me tell you a secret about guys.

If a guy takes you to lunch and listens to everything you say, he is trying to get into your pants and nothing else.

If a guy cuts you off when you are talking 70% of the time to say something himself, then he truly likes you and would like more than just to get into your pants.

Its a paradox but its true.

• Thanks for your insight...but it was a two way convo and he even tried helping me with something I had talked to him about weeks before the lunch date.

• Also, he was asking me questions like why I didn't respond to his initial text from months ago and he was impressed I rememebred some personal info about him.

What Guys Said 7

• He is definitely smooth and yes this is a veiled date.

• It sounds like it was a date but among friends. Men don't pay attention to their conversations with women they don't find attractive. Come to think of it, we don't even call you to ask you out to lunch in the first place.

• Soo then you are saying it was a date masked by friendship? lol

• I'm saying that I have female friends that I will take out to lunch, too. We're "just friends" but every now and then I like to let them know, "Yea. I'd hit that." The more gentlemanly the date, the more serious he is about possibly dating. Respond to his post-date compliments and try casually asking him out again in a couple weeks.

• He is trying for a quick "hook up"

• What do u mean hook up? He didn't try anything, and in fact he was on his lunch break..

• Thats right it wouldn't mean anything, we talked for hours would you drop tjem for me

• lol Good point I guess

• It's a date!

• Who knows. This is why you clarify.

• Would you consider this a date if it described your actions w/a girl?

• No. This could easily be meaningless. You need to clarify what your relationship is with words lol.

• complicated haha...thanks :)

• obviously it's a date

• That sounds like a date to me.

What Girls Said 5

• if he told you to look ht it meant he wanted some eye candy., and to see if you follow orders.. its the only direct thing in hr so I don't know anymore than that.

if you're interested why dont you ask him what he wants?

• Its a date and i answered this question already

• wha..., its just a date

• Thats a date

• It is a date, don't need to over think :)