It's kind of buried in the FAQ, but did you notice? As of today, Amazon gift cards now cost 5000 Xper points instead of 4000.?

There is a link the news which brings you to the FAQ, but the new information isn't exactly highlighted.

What do you think of the news? An expected inflationary increase? Outrage? Couldn't care less?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and it sucks because I had 4000 but just hadn't redeemed it yet.
    Snooze you lose I guess!

What Girls Said 9

• Doesn't bother me. It used to be 5000 on the old site as well and then when they updated to the new version, it was lowered to 4000. I guess they figured it should be raised again. I'm not here for the xper points and rewards anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

• yep i noticed it and also fetured question just went up from 500 to 750 :P

• yeah and it's annoying as hell. It's hard enough earning 4000 points but now its gone up to 5000. With every update they do this. First 3000 then 4000 and now 5000. Beware lol in the next update it'll be 6000 xD.

Sucks cuz the gift cards are awesome for buying stuff of Amazon like stationery/books or supplies for siblings like those new bands that are in fashion now.

• Well.. I saw, but I just joined today so I didn't know that it just went up. I don't know how hard it is to get Xper points on here, though.

• that sucks. takes long enough as it is.

• Good think I redeemed mine right before it changed lol. I am ok with it though I think it is pretty cool of GAG to do the gift cards in the first place. Not many sites to that.

• Grrrrr. I remember when it was only 3000 points :(

• it was big for me

• Whaaa? NO! That's my perk for being an active user :( That's some buuuuuuuullshit right there!

What Guys Said 10

• I guess I'll have to change my retirement strategy.

• There's a saying. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Besides, depending on how much you post, it can be a lot easier to get a gift card now than before. For highly active posters it will take longer. For less active posters it will go faster.

• Who cares lol...$20 is a joke amount of money anyway.

• All shoot, I almost head enough for one now I need 1000 more! Ugh!

• It's been like that for a couple of days now. It bothers me, a little bit that it takes longer to earn one. I look at it this way, 1000 point increase is better than gift cards being taken away altogether.

• That sucks. But xp just stacks up now more easily. So I guess redeems cost increase was already planned to go along with it. I mean I got around 200-300 in like 3 weeks without doing that much (due to school)

• At that rate it would take you a year to get one gift card worth 20$ :)

• I don't really come here for the gift cards

• Yeah I saw it, like a day after I redeemed mine lol

I think it is what it is.

• It sucks that it increased but I only need about 500 to get to 5000 anyway.

• And now it jumped again (to 7000) :-p

• I'm pretty sure when I joined in 2011 it was only 2000 (maybe I remember wrong, it's possible it was 3000). I didn't notice it had gone up but I'm a little sad cause I'd almost collected my 4000 for it :(