Why in the world would GAG change the side by side gender opinions back to one above the other? :O?

It makes ZERO sense. The side by side opinions were one of the best changes the site has ever made. What the heck? Why would they do that? No seriously, I'd really like to hear some logical explanation what would be the benefit.

Can I hear some "amen"?

• Side by side is better
  • One above the other is better
sparrow24, please look at these OVERWHELMING results and opinions, and convey the tidings of joy to the site owners! :D
Yes, admins, people are STILL annoyed with the new layout: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1027703-do-you-still-hate-the-new-layout-as-much-as-i-do-d

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 21

• So many new tabs.
    I HATE it.

I also can no longer reply to questions from my phone. I can type a message, and the reply button disappears >=[

• Because the admins are idiots. Before, you could see a bunch of answers on the same screen. Now, you have to scroll down one big vertical page, which is tedious and annoying.

Not sure what their design team was thinking. I don't see how any user prefers the new design since it's less convenient.

• I agree. Also, your own answer used to be at the very top, now you have to scroll down if the Q is by someone of the same gender. What a great "improvement". Congrats, web designers!

What do you think about the admins explanation for the stacked opinion? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1025871-who-the-hell-comes-up-with-the-design-concepts-on-this-website

• I think it's a silly answer, because the first part is absolutely silly (if you wanted a new tab you could just middle-click), and the second part slightly makes sense but it's still a terrible idea. I did tell them this on 3 posts, though, so I hope they'll realize it's true.

• I mean the amount of issues the change caused is pretty rediculous. Pretty much excluvisvely worse in a lot of areas in my opinion, I find it very difficult to really find any interesting questions and feel there are way too many categories now, and if you want to see someones comment from the live feed, when you click it will only take you to the entire question thread, which is annoying. Also when i have updates in my "opinion" section, why is it not automatically the first one on the list, i have a ton of notifications in there so i just have left them, when i get a new one i have to search and try to find it

• True. I search for "new" when that happens, or sometimes for "min" depending on how old the answer and the question is.

• i had to search through to find the notification for this one comment meson -.- haha

• Because its hard to thrust well spooning. Better if someone is on top.

• I. AM. NOT. HAPPY. THAT. EVERY. QUESTION. OPENS. A. NEW. TAB.

• I hope it gets changed back.

• Maybe it is still under-construction?
    usually this happens on mobile interfaces, as phone screens are small. the mobile site does that.

i hope it is not like this forever. no point having a widescreen when u have to scroll. this layout looks like a toothpaste brand.

• I couldn't answer this question on my phone.. I had to turn on my computer. For some reason the send button wasn't there. WEIRD!

by the way making crazy science with you was a euphemism.. I didn't mean doing actual science :P

• Being Gods is cool too though lol

• It was only unseuccessful because I ASSUMED you wouldn't ever mean it that way. It was my bad. From now on, I will always consider any of your comments as possible perv-material. I like that new side on you, please don't give it up. :P

• Sure thing SaVes

• Yeah im not a fan.

• no idea why they changed it. makes zero sense to me.

• AMEN SISTER!

It was like yin and yang.

It just made sense.

This new layout is atrocious.

• SaVes demands a change. Do it now.

• And the blue background for the site banner looks really tacky..

• Yeah, the side by side change is the main thing I dislike that they changed.

• They did it to deter new users, and get rid of old users, to help control the G@G population. This is the worst thing since Win8 and Modern UI. God I hope they go back to side by side, not because it's fair, it's just easier and less hectic/cluttered. The new look is god ugly and inefficient.

• How would that help deter new users and get rid of old ones?

• Good question, probably won't, just to many things running through my head about the upeate D=.

• The side by side was slightly better, but now no matter what you do, you build up new tabs by the dozens. Suppose that's a bug which needs to be repaired! After 3 opinions and 2 comments I had 6 tabs open aaaaaaaaaah :-(

• Yes, i do agree just noticed that today, another thing can't see opinions response or messages unless the browser is smaller

• They used to have them mixed in together. They actually only been side by side for like the past few months. I think they updated the site like back in Feb. or Mar.

• Yes, I know. That's why I said in my question, it was the one of the best changes they ever made.

• Actually I don't, it really was on top of each other, but it was always females -> males, and I guess that's because of the name "girls ask guys"? No that should be the other way around. Yeah, I have no idea.

• I think it was girls' answers on top when a guy was asking the question, and guys' answers on top if it was a girl asking. But now is always guys on top? Lol

• Don't worry, it will be changed back.

• What makes you so sure?

• Well, people have been ranting about the removal of the instant messaging feature for months and months, over and over again, and the majority of people agreed, and yet GAG never brought it back. So I don't know...

• I didn't complain about it, that's probably why they didn't bring it back. :P

• Probably done to facilitate more ads and to cause us to spend more time here just because of navigation.

• Apparently I can't answer this question anonymously, so I don't have a real answer to give.

• You don't have an opinion unless you're anonymous? lol

What Girls Said 11

• I'm scared to see how this new update looks on my phone lmao.

• Don't look directly at it, you might go blind or something.

• Don't blame me, iI'm just part of a cruel society created by GAG!

• Yeah, it could be like a solar eclipse. You might want to use a camera obscura.

• Yeah I noticed the change when I refreshed the page. It was like BAM!

I definitely liked the side by side answers. Less scrolling that way (yeah I am lazy.)

• We're all lazy, that's why we love the internet so much. Ugh, always these burdens in life! :D

• That made lol. FOR REALZ. :P

• Lol I refreshed my page and the first thing I saw was the blue bar for the page header then I saw how the girls and guys messages looked... blah

• What is going on! I'm getting really pissed off with this new tab thing and the new comment layouts is Horrid!!

• Yes!! It's AWFULL!! And the taaabs!! OMG...

• Probably to annoy everyone, so we all will be extremely happy when it changes back to how it used to be :)

• Actually it took me a while to get used to the side by side system, but now that I had... it's gone! People complained for so long, yet why change it now? I guess it's because of the amount of ads on the right side?
    I don't care about those advertised trending questions and topics tbh, and now you have to scroll an awful lot to read just a couple of replies.

The tabs thing is also cumbersome and another reason not to access the site from my phone.

• If a new tab opens one more time, I'm going to go crazy...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Side by side is better.

• The side by side was far better IMO.

• Definitely.

• Same here on the initial

• I hated the new layout because it was too bright. But after I used an extension that inverts the color scheme, it was pretty okay.
      dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../...edColorScheme.PNG

But having to scroll down to see the latest answer if it was written by the same gender is really really silly in my opinion.

• Exactly! Makes no sense to have it one on top of the other

• Feedback is ALWAYS passed along, I assure you ^_^
    We appreciate it and need it, so keep it coming, guys!