Am I the only one who dislikes the change that each gender's answers are now linear and put "opposite first" instead of by side and make it equal?

Apparently there seems to be a new layout, which makes the answers be placed linearly, rather than next to each other. I really don't like it, for the reason stated above: I think all answers of all genders are equal, but it makes sense that the site splits them up. But them being linearly aligned shows a priority for the "opposite gender", and I don't like that.

What says you?

• Yeah, I agree with you: I don't like this new layout. Answers should be side by side.
  • No, I disagree with you: I like this new layout. Answers should be prioritized for the opposite gender.
And apparently when the vote count reaches a certain number, the display falls apart. Wow, this is the cherry on top. But especially the inequality, the scrolling, the silly color scheme, the ugly fonts, and "Opinion Owner", and the new tabs, ugh!
Okay people, don't forget to message GirlsAskGuys if you don't like the new layout! :P

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/girlsaskguys

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree and I also noticed it opens a new tab or window when you click on a question from the home page. 😒

• Yea I don't like that either. I can control that through my browser settings and I don't think GaG should be overriding it.

• Same, if I want something to open in a new tab I just right click it and select that option in the popup menu.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the way it was before. I didn't like it when they changed it. Now I don't like it after changing back. I guess they can't win for losing.

It seems like they are slowly undoing all the big changes they made a few months ago.

• It was never like this before, unless you mean the time when they first changed to the "new layout". Which is so blindingly light that I use a browser extension to invert the color scheme, so I actually see the letters and don't feel like I'm looking at sparkling snow.

• Here's an archive from the wayback machine. They mostly just have the main page, but they do have a few internal links to questions.

web.archive.org/.../...-did-i-blow-my-chances.html

• Hahaha nevermind apparently my mind got jarbled, sorry for stating incorrect information! I guess I got accustomed to how good the new layout actually was. Sorry sorry sorry :D

What Girls Said 9

• It's not about the opposite genders thing - if the only choice was to have the opinions vertically, then yes, I think the opposite gender should come first. This website is, after all, about working out how the opposite sex thinks.
    However, this new layout is driving me crazy. I loved it when it was horizontally side by side. you could get the guys and girls opinions without having to scroll right down - it was easier to compare them. Now, it's just annoying. I really hope this is just a test and they're going to change it back.

• Its GIRLS ask GUYS. It makes sense for the opposite gender to be first :P
    And I'm on Mobil and its always been this way and its pretty annoying seeing 500 people complaining about the same thing when its not even a big deal -_-

• But sometimes, you're asking your same gender, and also I still think we should strive for equality.

• This is annoying...but what is the most annoying is that every time I click on a question, it brings up a new tab...UGH!!! I hate it!!

• Seems a bit sexist to me lol!

• Wish it would go back to how it was:(

• yeah all the scrolling is annoying.

• I like the side by side thing. Not because of "equality", but it easier

• 0|1
    • Is there any chance the stacked opinions will be changed back to side by side?

As I have commented on tolga's answer already, side by side will still keep the opposite gender's opinions right under the question (along with the other gender's opinions), so there really is no legit reason to keep it that way.

Also, as evident in this as well as in my poll, the OVERWHELMING majority (almost 100% in both cases) dislikes the stacked opinions. I think it should be very obvious to the admins by now that we don't want it that way. So, is there any chance this will be changed back?

• We've gotten your feedback, I promise ^_^
      As for further changes, everything is being considered, of course.

• I shall not forget to nudge from time to time.

• Just saw it and I am not a fan - i like it better when the Girl said and Guy said were side by side.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't like the new linearity (it biases opinions in favor of the opposite gender, since the material at the top is the most likely to be read by people who are trying to form opinions about something) and I don't like the new aesthetic either (it is just plain ugly).

In my opinion, they should rollback all the changes they just made. If there's any redeeming quality to the new design, it should be incorporated into the old design. This one is just awful.

• I like the aesthetics and colors.

• I don't see how. The color scheme consists of like 5 shades of blue, 2 shades of pink, 2 shades of orange, black, white, 3 shades of grey, 1 shade of yellow, 1 shade of green, etc. There's no consistency in the color scheme at all. And the borders? Professional web designers started to move away from such over-use of borders many years ago, instead relying on whitespace, different levels of emphasis, etc. to divide pages up into perceivable regions. This website design makes me feel like I jumped backward in time 10 years.

• I use an inverted color scheme because I can't see sh*t it's so bright. But the borders still look silly.

• I liked when they made it side by side, much easier to read. So yes, I want that back.

• They basically took the mobile GUI and used it for full web. This is insane lol. I hope it's temporary.

• I am on the fence. It does make my answers in questions asked of girls go away. So it's a boon in a sense. This means that it encourages the websites basic standard.

• Much insanity!

• I thought the purpose was answers from both genders equally on a specific subject... I somewhat wonder if I could say that this is advocating sexism, too. I think all opinions are equal of worth, which is also why I don't block people.

• As deeply political as I would like to look at it I do admit that when a man says "GIRLS:" and I answer I can totally see why he wouldn't want to know what I think of his hair.

• I already commented on SaVeS post, but yeah, there's just no balance anymore.