Who the hell comes up with the design concepts on this website?

Who in the world thinks forcing a new tab just to view a question was a good idea?

Or stacking the guys and girl's answers wouldn't produce a page that is deeper than the Marianas Trench?

I feel like I'm being attacked by page tabs.

Like, if my whole web browser were a fortified mall, then the GaG webpage tabs are the equivalent of undead zombies. The only thing keeping them from infesting everything is my clicking finger.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I was wondering the same thing. Seriously, what kind of web designers does GAG hire? Are they trying to make the site as inefficient for its usersas possible?

I would really really like to hear an official explanation why in the world they would go back to stacking the answers instead of keeping them side by side. Like seriously, WTF?

The Mariana Trench would run off and scream in panic if it saw the depth of some of the question pages this will create.

• I don't like the answer stacking, I liked being able to compare the 2. But, opening up a new tab is fine by me since I like to stay in the "Recent" section, and go down the list. It does become annoying when I start off with 1 tab and before I know it I have 10.

• I need to constantly close all of them! I liked having middle button control over when I want a new tab, and when I want to keep the current one...

• Oh my gosh this is annoying the hell out of me! I'm on mobile and it's driving me nuts lol

• HAHA you poor thing xD I didn't even think of the torture that would be mobile!

• I don't know but this just adds to my already shitty mood today.

• ALL THE TABS! Argh! Every question opens a new tab.

• ,_, This would make sense if the tabs refreshed themselves. Then you could focus on two or three questions and have conversations, so it was a good idea... sort of.

• No, it wasn't, no matter what. Also, the refreshing would just remove the notifications.

• I'm suffering from Tab attack too.

• They should fire the person. And find someone who actually knows what they're doing.

• You think someone would have done some kind of design proofreading and pointed at least one or two things out.

• maybe it was a mistake?

• I hate it. I have to keep closing all the fucking tabs

• OH GOD i thought it was only happening to me and i thought my laptop needs repair. Good to know.

• Not meeeeeee.

• I'm glad you asked! It's slowing me down having like 20 tabs open UGH!. I hope the problem.

• they fix the problem*

What Guys Said 13

• 1) Why open in new tabs? Short answer is, it's a "social experiment" . Longer answer, to allow browsing questions from the feed page and other list pages easier. Especially if you are scrolling down the list pages, if you visit a question, you were loosing your place.

2) Why stacked opinions? First and foremost, GirlsAskGuys core value is asking or communicating with the opposite sex. That's why we are displaying opposite gender's opinions right under the question. We are also working on introducing more functionality on asking questions so you will be able to define which gender, what age group, what personality type etc can post on your questions.

We have been making a lot of changes in the past few months to enhance & fine tune your experience on GAG. Some are for good some are for bad but we need to try it to find out the bad ones, with the feedback we get from you, just like this question :)

Apparently everyone hates tabs, duly noted!

ps. "page that is deeper than the Marianas Trench" made everyone here on the team laugh, thanks :)

• Why is everyone hating tabs duly noted but not everyone hating the stacked opinions? On the several polls posted regarding this, literally everyone voted against the stacked opinions. Shouldn't this be a red flag to you guys?

Also, if I may express my opinion on the new functionality on asking questions. People being able to exclude answers from users of a certain gender and other specifics will definitely create an atmosphere of exclusion and will heavily decrease the "community feel" that GAG has always had. I strongly advise you to not introduce those features. They will make the site less atractive, I can assure you that.

Either way, thanks for paying attention to my and everyone else's suggetions. :)

• are the tabs going to be removed?

• Top 3 annoying things on GAG:

1. Random site design changes that make no logistical sense or improve user experience.
    2. Showing the same questions on the top for multiple days.
    3. Admin questions are often at the top of the page.

• I also noticed they really doubled down on the opinion and not answer concept... "opinion owner" instead of "answerer"? Seriously?

• Having the same problem with the tabs. I keep having to close tabs.

• i'm with you. not good at all.

• This, sir, is my fault because I was drunk on bad water.

• It's a good question.

Is it just one person, or is it a team, and if so, how many?

Stacking the answers is such a blatantly bad idea it had to have been pushed through by one person (maybe in management?).

• lol ikr. The gui was a bit slow but it was world class. Now it's a year 2000 joke.

• I dont like it, Im probably gonna quit when I get to my last 5000 xper

• This site just got a whole lot harder to navigate.

• I can't believe the shit they've pulled with the GAG web site over the last few months. All I can think is that it must be related to making it easier to place ads everywhere because it sure as fuck was not to make it easier or better for GAG users.

• Fuck whoever did this, he/she is retarded in my opinion