Do you sometimes wonder who blocked you and why?

I do, especially when I see a question I want to answer, but it won't let me reply cause apparently I was blocked...but Usually I don't even recognize the username so I wonder why...

Anyone else experience this?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Happens to almost everyone, big deal if we are blocked ;)

Only thing however, is with GAG would come up with something that says you can't answer this question cause you are blocked by QA instead of allowing to type the whole answer and then say it.

Ofcourse if you go anon then the answer is posted but again if the anon option is made available by the QA.

Blocking may happen even accidentally & the user hasn't realized it. But whichever way doesn't make a difference to me :)

• Haha, yeah I have. I'm not even gonna lie and pretend like I'm too cool to admit this.

There was a guy here who had the McDonald's logo as his avatar, and I'm pretty sure he blocked me. But I could never confirm this, as I avoided that particular user anyways.

• He left the site :(

• LOL! Seriously? I'M SO MEAN! And I take IMMENSE pride in it :P

• Yeah, it was REALLY nice of him when he vehemently tried to argue that women are genetically less intelligent than men and that they have never contributed much to human society "other than giving birth" (his words). And that he kept saying how all women, whether they know it or not, want to be dominated by men, in every kind of way. That was REALLY nice of him. And yeah, I bet he saw you as an "exception" - a weird creature that is both intelligent AND a woman.

Sorry harakiri, but I'll strongly have to disagree with you here. He was an extreme misogynist and openly sexist. And there is no excuse for that. He is an adult.

When I saw that his account is gone (probably been eventually banned for his constant women-bashing posts), I was glad and figured this will make GAG a tiny bit of a better place.

• I stated numerous times that blocking is immature, because every opinion is a valid point, even if you disagree with it. I don't like censorship when I'm trying to obtain as many perspectives on a question as possible.

To be honest, I've been blocked before merely for stating this: someone was like, "I'M NOT IMMATURE FOR BLOCKING PEOPLE YOU TWAT *Blocked*" and I think that has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Do people really not grow up in this regard even after reaching the age of 20 or something?

Anyhow, I don't really know who blocked me. Unfortunately, it doesn't show who has me blocked either. I only see that I have blocked 0 people, and I intend to keep it that way.

• I've been blocked for disagreeing with people. Even if I was being nice about it. They just did not like that I was not agreeing with them.

I can count at least three people that blocked me for whatever reason.

• Only one person has ever blocked me and he was a chunky individual who struggled to get a girlfriend.

• I may or may not know who you are talking about, lol

• RedThread, you're the father figure MTL_GUY78 could never be to me.

• This guy, lmao. The village idiot. (Not you ImCoasting, the person you're talking about).

• Sometimes when I've never spoken to the person I'm curious as to why. But I don't lose sleep over it.

But on the other hand A lot of people have blocked me because they don't like it when I tell them what they don't want to hear (the truth).

• I also think one person blocked me because they asked me a question. Based on one of my opinions. And I didn't answer the question. Because it was really f**kin' stupid.

• Nope, I don't really care. I am very honest and open and blunt. Very sexual, I offend some people and I don't care. Others think I'm fun, and still more get turned on by me. To each their own. Be you, to hell with everyone else honey. If they blocked you then they probably have a giant stick up their asses anyway. Screw wm!

• Yes. Usually it's because I rubbed my balls all over the QA's face by giving him/her the truth he/she didn't want to hear.

• I've blocked a few. Not that I owe any explanation but. If and when I block it's because someone wants to go beyond simply giving their answer to the question/s I asked. Such as when they want to show sarcasm and being smart a$$e$. And if they want to keep pushing their initial point as to ridicule my question/s I block them, simple.

• Earlier in my experience here, yes. But not anymore. So what if they don't like me.

• No I don't, I haven't blocked anyone though. But iI have never had a fight or anything that got out of hand

• No. I could careless even though I have no one blocking me. I'm much too prolific to worry about that.

• Usually someone I made look stupid for saying some dumb shit.
    Or someone that thinks I'm serious when I act like I'm the hottest guy ever to walk the Earth.
    I'm OBVIOUSLY joking... cause Jesus was the hottest man to ever walk the Earth. I'm only like 3rd.

• Not really. One girl blocked me once but hen she unblocked me. I've never really been blocked or at least I don't think I have

• I'm only blocked by two people I know of, and I know why.

In turn, I've only blocked two people, and I had my reasons.

• As far as im aware of no one thats blocked me. At least no one I give a shit about.

• Im blocked by a couple of people but I don't care.

• Blocked by LauraMarx for pissing her off HAHAHA

• I never block anyone.But there's an "ALPHA Jooooooocy guy" who blocked me and Daph81.

• no i don't care.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't block people unless they have been inappropriate or offensive therefore I don't see why I should answer their questions.
    However I don't yet know of anyone who has blocked me, but if they find my opinions offensive then I don't really want their answer anyways.

• Yup, which is why if I'm going to block someone, I'll have some balls and tell them straight up why I'm choosing to keep them away from my activity here for good.

• I have the same experiences and I don't remember the username either. Honestly I am ok with that.
    I also blocked some users because they sent me creepy messages , despite the fact that i already made clear i am not interested to be part of their weird fantasies.

• Honestly, you might have been blocked by mistake. I do that all the time on my phone lol.

• It sucks though!

• Sweet harakiri in a bad mood? No way! Hmmmm, well once again I'll have to take your word for it, as I have never witnessed such a thing.

Or at least, I don't THINK I have. ;-)

• Nah, you're not mean. You're too short, and yer yella!

• My reaction is like Wtf when I can't answer a question from a dude I've never talked to on here. So yeah I wonder who else has me on their block list.

• Lol I wish I had a list of people who's blocked me...or I wish I can't see their questions so it wouldn't bother me

• Lmao! So ah funnay ma luver x)

• i don't need to wonder or ask why, so far

• I've been blocked for telling a girl her definition of feminism was wrong. I was totally polite about it, but some people really hate being wrong I guess lmao.

I generally only block people for sending me hate messages or answering questions rudely and with unprovoked hostility.

• Short answer NO.

• I've yet to be blocked but it's pretty obvious why someone would. It's because they can't handle someone disagreeing with them so it'd be easier to shut them out. Or because you're harassing them and at that point I don't blame them

• No, I don't actually.

• I didn't even realise you could tell you've been blocked.

• Nope, I know why lol but I don't care.

• I really think you were blocked by mistaken lol