Anyone else hate the new style of GAG?

Jeez this site keeps changing, it was perfect before and we just had started figuring out and using it easily, But now wait..they changed it again!!! I HATE IT

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• The tab idea is a TERRIBLE one. Why is there a need to open a new tab when submitting an opinion takes you back to the main page? Hitting the "Back" button really was not that much of an inconvenience...

On another note, the opinions separated with a vertical median was a million times better. Being able to read both male and female opinions simultaneously appealed to me way more.

Please, GAG, system restore to yesterday! -10 cool points!

• If GAG was a zombie apocalypse, we would all die.

"Hey! We think you might be interested in using just knives, so we put all the knives on the top of the weapon pile, but just in case you want to get to the machine guns, have fun digging through all the knives! :D"

• GAG has turned into a desperate old woman addicted to plastic surgery in order to get back some of her youthful appearance and pique people's interests, but like plastic surgeries, the more you have the worse it looks.

• I actually like the tabs. I would always open a new one whenever I opened a question anyways. That way, if I gave an opinion, I wouldn't have to hit "back" several times to get back to where I was. Just "Ctrl + W" once. And if I don't feel like answer the question, it's just one button click away from being back where I was, no different than using the back button.

• *don't feel like answering

• But from your notifications, you open the questions/opinions you posted, and you get a lingering single tab of your notifications window, if you navigated to the main site from one of the questions. Which is why I tend to have to close 6 tabs after a while, and it's a bit of a pain.

If I wanted tabs, I would just middle mouse click.

• Ah yes, I am just experiencing that now for the first time with your notification lol. I can definitely see how that could get annoying, but I can also see how it could be convenient once you got used to it.

• Yeah same here talk to the owner ASAP

• Yeah, it sucks. I feel bad for the person who designed it. He/She is likely reading over all these threads and crying on the inside

• It's been getting worst and worst just like Facebook did. And I bet it will continue getting worst.

• I think we all get used to it eventually. What bothers me are some buggy issues; worst being cases when you lose your typing effort. The interface does have some user friendliness issues, particularly in the mobile app.

• If we just get used to crappy decisions rather than fighting to revert them, we're essentially just paving our way to mediocrity and acceptance of potentially inferior circumstances.

• I agree. I am not saying that it is the best interface they could have come out with. I am just raising the point that after my initial hue n cry, I got used to it. I was posting a lot of questions like this. :)

• Mesonfielde:I agree...I already sent a message to GirlsaskGuys complaining about this issue!!!

• They have the same sickness Facebook has. New is always better and you must never listen to your users.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah this site is pretty full of complaining questions already, can't they just change it back or so? =)

• I don't mind the changes because they're so small.
    But I have to say, I don't like the fact that everything I click on creates a new tab. After browsing here for like 5 minutes, I end up with like 20 tabs... and all of them are of GaG. So annoying.

• A hoard of zombie tabs are appearing by the minute!

• Yeah I wish they kept the old layout, this one makes me angry

• Again it will take some getting used to. I don't like the new window opening and my inbox is transparent now and hard to see what is what.

• Yeah I don't like it either. Its a bit weird.

• tolga explains some of the changes here www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1025871-who-the-hell-comes-up-with-the-design-concepts-on-this-website

We never ignore feedback, we need it and encourage it... so keep it coming because it does matter ^_^