Do u read all the lengthy answers on GAG?

I am very affected when people try to explain their points. since most of the time i skip them and in fact i have never bothered to answer anything in more than one paragraph

what do u think about such a lengthy and detailed writing..

• I dont read them
  • I read them
  • Depends on question
  • Depends on who is written
PS : short answers please... :P :P

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• I read up to 3 paragraphs. I dont like when it is one long paragraph. I will skip that, break that up please. Jeeze

• If it's a question I asked, yes. Otherwise it depends how interested I am in the topic. Lengthy answers can be super helpful sometimes. Short answers can be very unhelpful.

• your name reminds one of mine crush whom i did'nt confess my feelings..

thanks for your feedback

• Depends on the question and if I can really helped them out, if it's a rand or something that makes no sense then I probably won't and will skim through it.

• so, it depends upon your taste.. whats your favorite topics.

• Not so much taste but the question itself. If it is interesting, worth the time of reading and really helping and stuff like that. I won't read it all if I can't really help and won't write out false help or info.

• If I feel like reading something, there's a change I read everything. When I don't feel like it, then the shorter the better haha ;)

• Only my BFF WhiteSteve's he's always got something to say haha. Kidding. I will read the long answers if it is someone I know well on here but most of the time I can't be bothered.

• I would like to meet him.. I am intrested in intresting things..

• Don't read them unless it's something juicy.

• No, I don't come on GAG to read essays

• I'll read lengthy answers in their entirety if (1) it's on a topic that interests me and (2) the answer is well-written

• and do u write lengthy answers..

• Depends. If it's a serious question that requires a serious and well-thought-out answer, then yes. But no longer than 3 short paragraphs. Each paragraph being as long as this one :)

• intresting and i like listening over reading others thoughts..

• No. If I see an interesting question and a LONG explanation I'll just base my answer on the first question on the title.

• It depends how I feel that day haha. If I care, I read the whole thing.I need like 2 rows to figure out if I'm interested or not into answering.

• Totally depends on the question. If i see sth interesting, i will go till end.

• 1 to 2 paragraphs at most. Same goes for questions. If you can say it in a sentence or two, even better!

• Yes I do read every answers regardless of their length, I appreciate their thoughtful opinions :) hehe

• If it's my question I'll read it. If it's someone else's, nope.

• I read them by curiosity.

• I don't read them. Too long, don't care.

• I read everything, absolutely.
    Some questions take foreverrrrrr to get through, haha!

What Guys Said 23

• I read opinions from top to bottom without concern for their length. When I am not too interested in a topic or feel strapped for time, I favor long answers over short ones, as they tend to be more thoughtful and informative. The only exceptions are long answers with awful spelling, grammar, and diction. I skip those without mercy.

• tats a great attitude.. but i hope you are not taking comments seriously..

• This is pretty much going to tell me if anyone reads my answers...

• welcome white steve.. you have great reputation for making intresting answerss..

• It depends. If I'm on my phone, I usually don't and sometimes forget to go back and read it when I'm at my computer.

• It depends on the question. Some questions require long explanations or stories. And if I wanna get an idea on what others already said then I read the long answers. If I am not interested in the question, I don't read the long ones.

• If it's from someone I know and like, then I do read them. And if it's not from someone I'm familiar with, I'll skim the first sentence or two to see if it piques my interest. And if it doesn't it succumbs to TLDR and I go to the next.

• and what does it take to pique your intrest.. :P

• Usually if something is well-written I'll be more likely to read it. And I'm totally not one of those grammar police types, but if something's lengthy AND incoherent, then it becomes difficult to really enjoy it.

• thank u.. u sounds like my English teacher..

• If they have an interesting hook or it's someone I recognize then yes I'll read it. If not then I may skim it for important points but ignore the rest lol

• thank u.. lately i stopped reading my own comments.. :P

• I used to read most of them, but this new layout really makes me not want to read any other opinions, because it's just... so... long... to scroll...

• I didn't get over 70k xper by doing a lot of reading before giving opinions.

• I am burdened with my wisdom like a bee that hath gathered too much honey.
      I need hands outstretched to take it and in turn make me lighter and brighter.
      I would give away and distribute, until the wise once again become joyous in their foolishness’.

Friedrich Nietzsche (Thus spake Zarathustra)

• Whatever.

Whale Oil Beef Hooked.

• i read them if they are neatly set out (paragraphs, dot points, etc) or if the question/opinion itself appeals to me.

• good one.. also words like fuck, sex, vodka appeals to me... :P

• Depends on the question and how interesting it is. I'm certainly not gonna read a full page of nonsense.

• But, how u know i its non sense or wisdom without reading it.. ? )

• I quickly skim through, and if it's interesting, I read the whole thing.

• hmm...but i love reading experts answers on sexual questiosn..lolzz..

• Depends on how interesting it is and how much it draws my attention. Can be hard to do, I have the attention span of like a 10 year old at times

• I only answer questions with one pargraph cuz more than 2 will make ma eye burst out =

Unless if its sumone i know, than the pain is worth it.

• I don't read them, i have better things to do than listen to one person's opinions that's why all of my comments are short and trolly.

• Sometimes. Most of the time if it's a lengthy answer it's either a rant or some guy wanting to sound smart and regurgitating shit he's heard over the years.

• i find most of the short answers as hilarious and on to the point

• I voted C. It depends on the topic. But usually no. Especially if its a relationship question. I instantly ignore.

• Very rarely.

• If its more than a few lines forget it. If I wanted to read a book I would be on amazon

• haha... i find most of long answers where written with utmost sincerity..

• No unless it's something im really b interested in otherwis tldr.

• I usually just read the question title thing and take it from there.

• If i think it would be useful i will.i can examine it within two lines of it

• I read them backwards while doing a handstand with one finger on my nose and simultaneously recite the St. Crispin's day speech from Henry IV.

• Yes I read all answers on a question I asked, however I rarely read long answers on other people's questions