Guys, What did my GUY friend mean by this?

"I don't date anyone I could get feelings for." I know he isn't interested in relationships period, so what does he mean by "date?" like sleep with?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am assuming that when you say he isn't interested in relationships, then that means he doesn't want one with anybody, correct?

If that's the case, I would take his comment to mean that he does actually have some feelings for you that he hasn't expressed. As to the depth of those feelings, I couldn't say. It could just be a mild crush, or it could be something more.

I would be interested to know why he doesn't want a relationship, though. Depending in his reasons behind not wanting one, there could be different ways to take his comment beyond what I've already said.

• Well he's a single dad and when he was younger he used to date but found it difficult because the women were always second place, so he has just said no to dating and gave all his heart for his daughter...kinda sweet but lonely :/ He says I'm fun, awesome, quality girl, very attractive...but now he's open to friends with benefits so maybe he doesn't have feelings anymore?

• Thank u, you are wise beyond your years ;)

• No problem, I am happy to help! :)

What Guys Said 3

• You answered your own question, he doesn't want date a girl, cause he will develop feelings for her , he is not looking for a relationship, maybe he just wants friends with benefits

• Dating usually means going steady. No sex until it becomes more serious. If he doesn't want to date you, it means he doesn't want to put in the effort and probably just wants to get laid with no strings attached.

• Yeah, he doesn't want to put effort for anyone dating wise that's why he doesn't do relationships, he just has other priorities. I've known him 5 years, no GF ever.

• He's emotionally immature and afraid of a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he does because it sounds like he doesn't want to ruin the relation ship. Also he might have feelings for you and also doesn't want to ruin the relationship between you too

• I would have agreed with you last year, but sex with him seems to be on the table now...soo he doesn't like me that way anymore?