New GaG it's not a bug it's a feature ?

In my opinion it is very inconvenient that every question you click on opens in a new tab.

I used to think this was a bug but the fact that it has not been fixed by now and that there are actually patterns ( not every link behaves this way) makes me think this is deliberately so.

What do you think about this? I feel like it has no benefit to the use experience and they should change it back quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm surprised no one is complaining about the fact that earning points on this site is now nearly impossible. We went from being able to earn nearly 9 points per question down to like TWO points. No one seems to say anything about that, meanwhile, it will probably take enormous amounts of time and energy just to be able to get a gift of any sort. Raising the number of points for the gifts, and then lessening the amount of points you earn for participating for HOURS gets under my skin...as well as the windows for each question.

Sigh...

These changes really make a person wanna hit the road.

What Girls Said 2

• yes change it back

• tolga explains the changes here www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1025871-who-the-hell-comes-up-with-the-design-concepts-on-this-website

We appreciate the feedback, so keep it coming ^_^

• I think the tabs thing is a stupid inconvenience and doing it as an experiment as that guy said is kinda offensive. It looks like you were just not able to hire a good web designer who knows the basics of his job. I'm pretty sure people will stop using this site due to the tabs thing. It pisses people off. There are statistics that show if websites do too much user unfriendly changes they will stop visiting.

• I'm passing this along... thanks.

What Guys Said 3

• I personally don't like it because if I wanted to open a new tab I can simply right click and open it that way.

• I actually like it :/.It allows me to open multiple tabs with out having to right click and "open link in new tab" and without having to leave questions I was looking at.

I know many people don't like it, but could you tell me how exactly it is inconvenient?

• Because just by looking at your answer it already opens two tabs. You end up with a gazillion open tabs. I will get annoyed with this and at some point stop using this site because of it.

• Yeah, I see it now (10 tabs open and counting lol). I still like it tho

• Its silly.