Do you still hate the new layout as much as I do? :D?

Yes, I still hate how the answers aren't side by side and technically promote a difference in value for opinions, and while I'm getting used to it, I still hate having 7 tabs open every time I resolve my notifications that I need to close every 4 minutes. I haven't even tried it on Mobile, but I'm assuming it is pretty bad.

So, do you hate it?

• I can't get used to this nonsense, I think I might just leave! This layout is HORRENDOUS!
  • Eh... I'm getting used to how bad the new layout is. I like hanging around on this site too much to just abandon it. But I still hate it.
  • I'm completely indifferent now, the admins' "wait enough time to get people to the stage of acceptance" is working. So I don't care, at all, anymore.
  • Actually I've realized that this layout is the best layout, I like the pretty Times New Roman-esque font usage and the color borders, AND the new tabs and the scrolling needed to read all the opinions properly.
Oh, and if you hate the new layout a LOT, don't forget to send a message to http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/girlsaskguys asking them to revert the changes. They want us to accept and forget, and that's exactly what we shouldn't allow to happen. :P
Haha, I'm not the only one. Some people are noticing the horrors only now: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1028104-why-did-they-do-this-to-gag-title-is-too-short

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi!

Thank you for the feedback! All the changes we've made were meant to satisfy you guys and girls, that's why whatever change you dislike, we're listening.

• You've fixed the tabs :D
      I hope you can figure out a way to make the opinions be next to each other.

• 'For the moment', I figured.
      Maybe later you'll make a layout that utilizes the free space on the two sides of my screen that are as wide as the content, though. 'Responsive Design' is pretty neat.

• yes, I know what you mean

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely hate the ads that pop up on the mobile version. It always blocks some parts of the questions description.

• Ew, that's just stupid.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah. I hate having to close tabs every 2 minutes. I don't really read other peoples' answers that much anymore- maybe the top two or three.

• That's how I feel about it.

• As I said on a similar question, I am more appalled that you now almost receive NO points for answering questions here. They went from offering almost 9 points for answering questions down to 2 points while simultaneously raising the number of points for gifts. You might as well work extra hours at your job rather than spend 8 hours on this site a day for months on end just to get a $20 Amazon gift card. I guess thats what keeps people complaining (along with the layout) so they will keep coming back to the site. Its taken me over 3 YEARS just to aquire the points I have because I refuse to sit on this site for hours on end like some people. No one mentions this, meanwhile if we weren't on this site...there would be no site.😒

• and another tab just opened...
    Yeah I defs prefer the old version.
    The tabs and the answers not side by side are what I dislike the most.

• I don't any more. You know Stockholm syndrome? You fall in love into your rapist. Ha that is exactly what I feel.

• As much as I'm "accepting" it aka 'even though it's shit it's the only option so I may as well use it', calling it love would be an absolute overstatement. It's shit. XD

• You perfectly paraphrased it. Thank you

• The popups are killing me

• The only thing I don't like is the way the comments are stacked instead of beside each other.

• I'm getting used to it.

• I would vote for B) personally. Doesn't mean I don't hate it compared to the previous iteration.

• Yes, likewise. :}

• I really hate it this way

• When are they going to remove these tabs thingy...annoying

• At first I disliked it a lot to the point that I abandoned this site for several months (I can't even say it was my DECISION - the site simply won't open on my smartphone, so I gave up after trying several times).

I came back about a month and now the site works ok on my smartphone. And I get no popup windows, so maybe the mobile version is better (I never use computer to browse GAG).

I still think I liked the old version better, but this one has grown on me perhaps :)

• The old version I mean here is the one which was up until about 3 days ago, where the layout was pretty similar to this, except the answers were side by side, and questions didn't open up in a new tab when you left clicked.

The old-old version was nice because it was darker than the current: but I use an inverted color scheme with a Chrome extension, so I'm okay with that now. But this linear layout was such a terrible idea, ahhh.

• What browser?

• Internet Explorer. It's WindowsPhone, after all:)

What Guys Said 7

• TABS OMFG!! seriously who the hell thought of that. I loved how the sexes were on separate sides

• http://imgur.com/gallery/yfrXMKY

Basically how i feel about this change. Stuck.

• Well, at least the comments are funny... Ha, ha.

• Nah.still hate it. :)

• Not sure if I should say "glad to hear it", but glad to hear I'm not alone, I guess XD

• haha...I'm your secret partner.Like rambo "shooting every body with his links"

• Badass.

• I hate it, but I'm use to it, as the new layout is similar to the old ga, before the last major overhaul, minus the tab thingy of course.

• The changes are great! If you have a problem with it, find another Q&A site

• It's funny because you're the first one to say that so far. WHat is it that you actually like about it? Now I'm curious, because the only and only things that I can come up with is that now it shows related questions at a question (can be done with old layout too), and that the opinion display is "similar to" the live feed, which I think is a bad idea, even though it makes the overall site layout more unified.

• I like how questions open in a new tab because I don't have to do it manually anymore. I'll admit the stacked opinions seem like a downgrade.
      Honestly I was just a little tired of reading so many questions against the changes that I started responding

• The difference is having the option not to. I used to open most of them on a different tab as well, but the only thing it took to "do it manually" was press the middle mouse button instead of the left one.

• I don't like the new opinion layout. Now you must scroll so far to see all the opinions, and if it's a question from a guy and has lots of answers you must scroll far down just to see your own opinion >.<

The new tab thing doesn't affect me (didn't notice till someone said) cause I always opened them in new tabs anyway. But I think it was probably better how it was cause some people might prefer just to open it in the same tab and if they want a new tab they can easily open it with scroll click. But I guess they did it to get more opinions as people will still have the question page open after answering.

• I opened them in new tabs, except for One.

Now that all of them are opened in their own thread, I tend to end up with 11 tabs, just like now.

• so much hassle

• It's no extra hassle, it's just about what you're used to

• The pop up questions are the thing that will make people leave. They have hire the most incompetent web designer there is!

• No joke about that, they could have used AngularJS and Bootstrap for responsive web design, but noooooooooooooo. They just do some linear crap even when I have enough space on my screen to have double the frickin' content.

• I don't know if you know tmz.com. It's a bullshit gossip site with high traffic. They had so many ad pop ups and switches on iOs to advertised apps in the appstore you couldn't even browse the site for thirty second without a pop up. Their traffic plummeted and now they're pop up free. This will happen here. No one will take this pop up BS. I don't even wanna click on a question anymore!

• Haha, reminds me of how now downloading is instantaneous on Rapidshare, but no one went back to them after all the crap they've done with captchas, 20 kbps download speed limitations, and 1 file / 90 minutes limitation "without a premium subscription". :D