What's your opinion on "rate me" questions?

Title says it all, do you like them? Hate them? I usually don't participate in them, because I do not like judging people with a number. Also, I notice a trend of people I don't find attractive doing them, and I don't like the feeling of calling someone ugly. Despite that, I'm tempted to create one of my own simply because I want to know (like everyone else) if I'm attractive or not. Have you done a rate me question? If so, why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never want anyone to rate me, under any circumstances.
    I wouldn't rate anyone. It's pointless, in my opinion. But, kudos to those who are brave enough to do it.
    If you're an obvious attention seeker, then that can be annoying.

What Girls Said 11

• I get them because I've wanted to do one, it's just nice to hear honest opinions from people instead of people who probably only tell you good things to be nice

• I would like them, I like to compliment girls & make em feel good, but they're always under 18 &... idk, I don't feel comfortable with that, so I just don't answer lol

• I avoid those types of questions, I hate them. I don't have much time or respect for people who are attention seeking or actively looking for negative comments.

• Have you considered being a tad bit less judgmental?

• You have every right to express your opinion, and to judge. However, I was giving you some advice, because being that judgmental can put you in a very negative state of mind, and make you hostile towards others.

• That's a very dramatic conclusion to come to just because I don't like 'rate me' questions

• I've done a rate me question. I've done it because just like you and everyone else, I wanted opinions from people I didn't know because I knew they would be truthful.

• I am indifferent. I have no problems about that

• i don't think it's safe

• I've thought about doing one. I actually don't mind them.

• Either for ego or insecurity

• I like rate me questions.

• Just egnore egnore egnore

• They're just attention whores in my opinion

What Guys Said 5

• I stay away from people under 18. IDK, I am overall hesitant. Last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings. Then find out someone killed themselves because I only gave them a 5!

• Rate me
    Rate me my friend
    Rate me
    Rate me again

I'm not the only one, I'm not the only one...

Rate me
    Do it and do it again
    Rate me
    Rate me my friend

I need you to endorse
    Put me up on a high horse
    Appreciate your concern
    Without confirmation I'll burn

Rate me!

• Silly people looking for attention and trying to build up an ego based on stranger's opinions.

• I think they are great. It's a way to vent about how normal looking you happen to be.

• I'm the sexiest... Nuff said