GaGers, how does it feel to be blocked?

I feel bad. I mean no harm. :(
Getting blocked because of your opinion is utterly ridiculous, lol.

The facial expression from the girl in my profile pic is my facial expression when I got blocked. LOL

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I think this website should get rid of its blocking functionality. If someone's behavior is truly egregious, the moderators and admins can take care of that. If their behavior isn't truly egregious, then "suck it up, buttercup".

I think it's petty to block someone just because you dislike their opinions. Like, "Oh, you are SO judgmental!" Like yeah, that makes you so much better than lowly ol' me, and you are judgmental too, hypocrite, so get off the high horse.

Anyway, I don't really care all that much if someone blocks me, unless it was someone I generally liked and that signals the end of whatever we had.

What bothers me is that I am never informed that I was blocked until I have spent twenty or thirty minutes formulating a response to something. That is EXTREMELY annoying.

What Guys Said 10

• It's disappointing! I always think that "if they hadn't blocked me, we could discuss our points further and come to a consensus, I'm pretty sure this is just a misunderstanding"

But they don't unblock you, they don't want to resolve the conflict and resolve the misunderstanding, they just want to say 'oh, I don't want to read your opinions anymore. Anything you would ever add to my conversations in the future is now predicted as something that would hold no value'.

I think it's silly to block anyone. I have blocked no one, my block list is empty. No matter what happens, I keep myself to my word: even if you disagree with someone, ALL opinions hold SOME value, therefore blocking is against the primary purpose of this website.

• agreed.
      close mindedness at its finest.

• I am going to respond to your makeup question- I don't know why I didn't before. Take it easy on me!! DONT BLOCK ME.

• Oh, I wasn't intending to block you before, but now that you mention it, I don't see why not. /blocks

#jk #kidding #badjokes

• I mainly would get blocked and never realize it until I would respond to a question (pre-update) and find out I got blocked. Never really cared.

• People just dont get my humor i guess. But i dont care

• oh well :)

people get hurt feelings easy all the time if they don't get the opinion they what you can see that in a lot of downvotes situations , if someone didn't like your last opinion they probably ill not like the next one either so I wouldn't worry about it there are lots of other people and post on GAG that you are not blocked form

• Juz kinda hurt on the inside but if its for one of my honest opinion, i would juz burst into laughters xD

• Doesn't bother me one bit, was only blocked once for downvoting a user for giving a nonsense answer on my question, they blocked me than a few days later unblocked me.

• People block me all the time and some of the people I get along with one incarnation killed me on the last. Haha!

• I honestly don't care.. It's the Internet. People are way too sensitive.

• @ RedThread, I am quite te person who is brutally honest which can cause people to hate me haha :D

• Hahahahaha I have been trying to behave myself and be honest with nice words :D

• I dont know, no one that I care about has blocked me anyways.

• I'm blocked by some people, and have blocked some people.

It doesn't really bother me.

What Girls Said 19

• Were you blocked by that anonymous chick talking about the guy who committed those shootings in California? She blocked me too. Lol I didn't even post anything rude or offensive so, that was odd. Haha

I've been blocked by plenty of users over the years, it doesn't even phase me anymore. Some people are just overly sensitive and block everyone who gives an opinion they don't like. Don't let it get to you:)

• Yea, lmao.

& I agree. Overly sensitive. That's exactly it, lol.

• Haha I know. I don't think she had any reason to block you either. All you did was ask what happened. Lol

• I don't really care. I mean, most of the people who have blocked me are people I haven't even talked to. If they really make that big of an effort to block me without having even talked to me, it goes to show that I'm not really missing out lol.
    So don't worry about it :P

• Depends on the circumstance, but usually idgaf especially if the person who blocked me made an a** out of themselves or generally never truly gives helpful, useful insight.

• It's okay. They don't like my opinions...and they block me...I'm okay with it.
    I don't think I've been blocked, but if I was/am...I'd be fine with it.

• I am indifferent. But tbh I can't think of many instances where I was extremely rude or even harassing someone...

Personally I only block people who harass me repeatedly: they are really into name calling and being offensive (call me a dumb bitch, slut, and whatever else they want) more than once, people who seem to find all my opinions and comment rude things on them (once or twice is fine- but after the 5th time I know they won't stop so they get blocked), and people who send me rude/obscene/messages.

But it's really silly and obnoxious when people block others for simply disagreeing with them.

• Blocking someone for those reasons..100% understandable.

• I didn't bother responding to the question by the poster I think you're referring to because I think she just wanted to pick fights lol

• I think resorting to insults is petty. I try my best to avoid it, albeit I can't say I haven't overreacted before. Even then, generally speaking, insults contain no information to begin with, and all it does is make the other person be on the defensive, therefore even if they had agreed with any of your statement, they won't and will try to reject all of it, because they're now offended. I'm surprised people can be so openly hostile in an environment designed for civil discussion and basically view sharing.

• I laugh so hard especially when I never talked to that user.

• i don't care

• It's part of being on a site like this. The ones I know of that blocked me, I'm glad they did.

• makes me want to walk to their house and throw poop at their window

• I haven't noticed if people blocked me, but if they did it's okay I wasn't made to be liked by everyone.

• I feel bad and burst into tears for 2 mins O_O, but yes like any other websites, people can be mean to each other or hate others for having different ideas, so I understand and move on~~

• IIt's hard to imagine someone blocking you

• If its happen again, ima cry bloody tears of river this time :/
      Look right into ma eyes and pity meh will ya =|

• Aww tankyu for reassuring meh. *Bear Hugz*

• Its funny ass hell

• If somebody blocks me I go into deep depression. I start to cut myself.

*Read with a shit load of sarcasm ;);)*

• When it first happened I was WTF then I just laughed.

• How do you know if you're blocked?
    I wouldn't care unless it was a "friend".
    I only block people who ask for naughty pics and the like.

• when you try to comment on their question answer or try to up or downvote them it says you are blocked :P

• Ahhhh. Hasn't happened yet. Don't block me catguy! ;)

• I'vebbeen blocked once, didn't really care.

• I don't care. People who block me are always the people I don't care for anyway.

• I use to care until I started getting blocked for stupid reasons.

• It feels really bad :(
    I take it personally