Do you think GAG should get rid of its vote down feature?

So that way if someone disagrees with you they would have to say why or nothing at all. A ton of people make valid points in their opinions but they get voted down. Sometimes I'd like to know why they feel that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I feel like it doesn't matter if anyone agrees or disagrees with your opinion...its YOUR Opinion. Other users should have the right to disagree by down voting, or agree by upvoting. Either way, it doesn't matter because you dont get points for up votes, or points deducted for down votes. So it essentially just doesn't really make a difference.

Also, there are people here who hate on users...just to hate. I can't tell you how many times I have been down voted here. Users on the old GAG site would follow users to every single question, just to down vote their responses. Or people here jump on the bandwagon and down vote people for no reason, or just because they want to be confrontational and crazy. It just shows that some folks here do not have a life. I believe GAG has hidden the up votes and down voted too discourage users from bandwagon votes.

Either way, dont take.this site that seriously.

What Guys Said 16

• No.The downvote keeps it simple.If I didn't get a few downvotes, I'd begin to think I was too conservative and that I'd been brainwashed by the media and society.

• Down votes don't bother me...I get a lot.

• I would like people to say why the disagree/down vote because it could be for a number of reasons.

A. If it is factually incorrect

B. if they answer is an opinion and they have a different one

C. A vendetta against the user

D. Trolling

However I feel a person should have the right to not say why.

• I say leave it as it is.

• No. I see nothing bad about having the down vote option.

• are you complaining about?

damn sis, if you are bothered by this then i suggest you try to join reddit

• bahahahaha

• in reddit they will downvote you just for talking about how nice the weather is outside

• I'm fine with it. If anything I would like to see how many people agree or disagree with an opinion without actually voting but that's just me being lazy.

• no. they should get rid of this answer too short bullshit. I wanted to just say no but now I have to type all this extra shit. damn.

• No isgaf if people down vote me, i do wish they'd allow you to see who at least up votes your comment though

• No it's simply way too much fun.

• I say keep em lol

• Nah, the vote feature entertains me.

• I say keep that feature plus extend it to questions.

• Nah it's quite funny to see how many people disagree with you without reporting

• No people just need to harden up

• You don't ask people who upvoted you why they agree with you or why they support your idea and you expect them to explain what they disagreee with you.

• Ya know what, you are right.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it doesn't bother me. I rarely even pay atention to the up/down votes on my opinions.

• Nah. I don't really care.