ya, no complaints, just good constructive... stuff!!
I predict that GaG will one day be an extremely popular website because of the diversity of its users and its function as a "ask for advice" sort of website.
So any suggestions for improvement? Long term wise, no "THIS LAYOUT SUCKS" please (cause we all know it does hhhahaha!!)
Ummm... It should be easier to write blogs and articles. Some users here are very intelligent (Like me! duh! how could you miss that! i hate you) and these blogs/articles should be featured on front page.
Maybe GaG should have a news function eventually? You know, like users can share news and updates from around the globe and we can all comment on it.
On the chat function:
I think GaG avoids this because of potential spammers, racists, haters, and trolls. Well here's an idea: Have 3 chatboxes, 1 for users that are lvl 1-4, 1 for users lvl 4-9, and the best chatbox is for gurus and masters
The lower users in lower chatboxes cannot use higher leveled chat boxes (like lvl 1-4 can't go above their levls) but the higher users can go down (masters and gurus have access to all other chatboxes). The ultimate chatbox should be a cool lounge.
1.) fix the search so I don't need to do a 'site:girlsaskguys.com __search_terms__' in Google because the search engine doesn't find relevant solutions, nor does it order the result set by date.
2.) it's silly how there are Articles, but only from the previous site layout, and there is no way to make new Articles. There should be a way to make articles, so that new Featured Articles can be written again.
3.) Fix the fact that the opinions are stacked rather than next to each other. I like the idea of there being two Most Helpfuls, one for male and one for female.
4.) Kill the new tabs. I kinda like it on mobile (if you Back out of the new tab immediately), but it's horrendous on a PC.
5.) Reality Check or some individual section independent of the questions to reduce the quantity of WHAT WOULD YOU RATE MY BOOBZ? questions.
6.) Increase the XPER count so that you don't get like... one point for answering someone's question with 2000 characters. I find this somewhat silly, to be honest. I know they don't want to give out as many XPER-based redeemable gifts with actual monetary value, but I think that's just silly. 1 point, really?
7.) Fix the goddamn layout.
9.) There should be an alarm that you are posting on a question that was asked so long ago that it doesn't even have a date on it (because it's older than the first great layout change), so you don't end up answering as if it was actually recent and relevant.
1) We should be allowed to enlarge our own profile pictures to see them better. Sometimes I want to see how my picture looks to other users who may be on my profile looking at it.
2) Increase the points we get for answering questions. I realize that they made new ways for us to get xper points when they launched this new version but come on, it used to be three points, one point is kind of ridiculous.
3) Include a "comment" box when we report something, this would be especially useful for moderators so we could explain in greater detail why we chose to hide a specific post since some of the options for hiding (or reporting) posts are rather generic.
4) Allow an OPTIONAL feature to be able to receive notifications if we comment on someone's answer and they reply back to us.
5) An edit feature would be wonderful. I realize that a lot of users would probably abuse it and change their entire answers which is why there should be a time limit on it. Maybe like within the first 2 minutes or so after posting the answer we should be able to make corrections. I have a lot of typos, especially when I'm on my phone. It would be nice to be able to go back and correct those.
6) Make an entire "rate me" section separate from the rest of the questions. In other words, bring back the "Reality Check" feature but upgrade it. I get so tired of constantly seeing "rate me" questions when I'm browsing the site.
7) I have already said this to Sparrow24, but the search feature definitely needs an upgrade. Sometimes the search results aren't even relevant to what I've searched for. I would also like the option to be able to organize the search results by date. I want to see recent questions when I'm searching for something, not questions from years or months ago.
8) Re-introduce the "view count" feature on questions. This used to be a feature a very long time ago. I liked being able to see how many views my questions got. I would really love to have this feature back.
Allow the upvotes and downvotes on comments to be visible without the person having to vote.
Give us notifications when someone comments on our answer, on another answer we commented on and when someone downvotes, or upvotes us.
Create a separate section for trauma victims (bullying, rape, etc). There are so many rape questions I'm seeing around here. These people are looking for support and they should have a specialised section on GaG that allows them to talk to people who've been trough it more easily, to get support.
Bring back the damn articles and make the comment section on them as open as a comment section on a question would be.
The split screen thing you use to have with one gender on the left and the other on the right was awesome. I don't know why go back to this lamer layout where one gender is above the other. -_-
I would like it if when I block someone, their questions don't come up in my feed at all. Not even if someone I'm following answered the question. Along these lines I would like to be able to "hide" certain users altogether because if they're not going to take care of trolls, I would like to not see them.
And I miss the "friend" thing. Following sounds weird.
- Change it back to side-by-side opinions instead of stacked one. Stacking the opinions makes zero sense.
- While the new PM system is much better than the old one, and I really appreciate that the messages appear instantly if you have the conversation open, I'd really like to be able to browse the site while keeping my active conversations opened. In other words: Bring back some kind of IM/chat bar.
- Optional notifications for other users' opinions. That way we will be notifified when there's a new comment on an opinion you've commented on. But please, make it optional.
- New tabs opening by default is nothing but annoying. Undo that.
Bring back multiple images on your profile, don't understand why they got rid of that. Yeah stacked answers are annoying, and are you serious? One point for answering each question? It used to be 3 and amazon gift cards cost 3000 I remember the good days :'(((
1. increase our points while asking/answering question/choosing mh/or being chosen mh 2.filter already asked questions 3.increase the value of the amazon gift card 4.not to allow anonymous when it comes to answering questions
Chat rooms would be tons of fun. Go back to side by side instead of stacked. Its a way better format. I like the idea of a 'most helpful' for each gender. At least double the size of messages we can write. Get rid of all the damn tabs opening. Copying SaVes, Optional notifications for other users' opinions.
back to side by side 2 MH preset "see results" option on polls pics on profiles instead of just profile pics IM No creepy "we've noticed you haven't selected a MH" messages from GAG no more new tabs cause wtf
One thing I would like to see is when I'm going through old opinions of mine or old questions of mine I would like to be able to jump to a certain page instead of hitting "show more" and then just keep scrolling down just to hit "show more" again. Also, set it up with how many of your old questions/opinions you want to show per page. So, like 20 can be the default and up to say... 100.
Change the character limit back to 3,000... if not more. Get rid of the character limit on the messaging. It's a personal message. I shouldn't be restricted to 500 character limit.. or any amount of character limit when replying in a personal message. I understand some people use it on their phones, but since I only use this site on my computer, it's really frustrating to have a feature that is basically just a text message box with a character limit instead of an email message box with no character limit.
Give me an option on things that I want to get notified by. If I don't want to get notified whenever someone replies to my opinion I should be able to check mark that off. And if I leave a comment on someone elses opinion and I want to get notified whenever someone else replies to that opinion, I should be able to check mark it so I get notified. Like, put a box next to the persons opinion and a caption that says, "follow this opinion", or something so that you can check mark opinions that you want to keep up to date on instead of having to come back to check if someone left something. And if I no longer want to get notified I can just click the box again to uncheck it.
a section where we can rate naked selfies of the girls.