So, anyone have any good suggestions for the GaG website?

ya, no complaints, just good constructive... stuff!!

I predict that GaG will one day be an extremely popular website because of the diversity of its users and its function as a "ask for advice" sort of website.

So any suggestions for improvement? Long term wise, no "THIS LAYOUT SUCKS" please (cause we all know it does hhhahaha!!)

Ummm... It should be easier to write blogs and articles. Some users here are very intelligent (Like me! duh! how could you miss that! i hate you) and these blogs/articles should be featured on front page.

Maybe GaG should have a news function eventually? You know, like users can share news and updates from around the globe and we can all comment on it.

On the chat function:

I think GaG avoids this because of potential spammers, racists, haters, and trolls. Well here's an idea: Have 3 chatboxes, 1 for users that are lvl 1-4, 1 for users lvl 4-9, and the best chatbox is for gurus and masters
The lower users in lower chatboxes cannot use higher leveled chat boxes (like lvl 1-4 can't go above their levls) but the higher users can go down (masters and gurus have access to all other chatboxes). The ultimate chatbox should be a cool lounge.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) fix the search so I don't need to do a 'site:girlsaskguys.com __search_terms__' in Google because the search engine doesn't find relevant solutions, nor does it order the result set by date.

2.) it's silly how there are Articles, but only from the previous site layout, and there is no way to make new Articles. There should be a way to make articles, so that new Featured Articles can be written again.

3.) Fix the fact that the opinions are stacked rather than next to each other. I like the idea of there being two Most Helpfuls, one for male and one for female.

4.) Kill the new tabs. I kinda like it on mobile (if you Back out of the new tab immediately), but it's horrendous on a PC.

5.) Reality Check or some individual section independent of the questions to reduce the quantity of WHAT WOULD YOU RATE MY BOOBZ? questions.

6.) Increase the XPER count so that you don't get like... one point for answering someone's question with 2000 characters. I find this somewhat silly, to be honest. I know they don't want to give out as many XPER-based redeemable gifts with actual monetary value, but I think that's just silly. 1 point, really?

7.) Fix the goddamn layout.

8.) My friend hacked together a web-based real-time chat room using PERL and some JavaScript in like a day or two. I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to make chat rooms.

9.) There should be an alarm that you are posting on a question that was asked so long ago that it doesn't even have a date on it (because it's older than the first great layout change), so you don't end up answering as if it was actually recent and relevant.

• 10.) ability to subscribe to a particular answer you commented on, so you actually get notifications on the answers where you've left a comment. I hate how I comment on someone's answer, and I receive nothing about the answer to it. I make comments all the damn time, I can't keep track of them all.

• @Opinion Owner: Excellent list. I can only add one thing.
      "Opinion Comments" (below "Opinions") is not actually listed by Comments, but keyed by Question. It should be listed by Comments, and its ok if several comments link to the same question.

@Metal189: chatroom closed due to trolls? Sure, I'll buy it. The user-to-user chat though was an add-on service from Meebo, which was acquired by Google and then canceled; AFAIK that service was not canceled due to trolls.

• @pedantic the most important part would be that people should be able to subscribe comments they made, so that they are informed of responses. It's really a hassle that I comment somewhere, and I don't know that they've responded to me. This is why currently people tend to post on the other person's answer, but what if there is only a comment?

What Girls Said 19

• 1) We should be allowed to enlarge our own profile pictures to see them better. Sometimes I want to see how my picture looks to other users who may be on my profile looking at it.

2) Increase the points we get for answering questions. I realize that they made new ways for us to get xper points when they launched this new version but come on, it used to be three points, one point is kind of ridiculous.

3) Include a "comment" box when we report something, this would be especially useful for moderators so we could explain in greater detail why we chose to hide a specific post since some of the options for hiding (or reporting) posts are rather generic.

4) Allow an OPTIONAL feature to be able to receive notifications if we comment on someone's answer and they reply back to us.

5) An edit feature would be wonderful. I realize that a lot of users would probably abuse it and change their entire answers which is why there should be a time limit on it. Maybe like within the first 2 minutes or so after posting the answer we should be able to make corrections. I have a lot of typos, especially when I'm on my phone. It would be nice to be able to go back and correct those.

6) Make an entire "rate me" section separate from the rest of the questions. In other words, bring back the "Reality Check" feature but upgrade it. I get so tired of constantly seeing "rate me" questions when I'm browsing the site.

7) I have already said this to Sparrow24, but the search feature definitely needs an upgrade. Sometimes the search results aren't even relevant to what I've searched for. I would also like the option to be able to organize the search results by date. I want to see recent questions when I'm searching for something, not questions from years or months ago.

8) Re-introduce the "view count" feature on questions. This used to be a feature a very long time ago. I liked being able to see how many views my questions got. I would really love to have this feature back.

• Also, the admins need to fix the character limit issue. For example, on this answer I just posted, it told me I had used 1987 characters out of 2000 yet it wouldn't let me submit because it was either "too long or too short." This makes no sense since I was clearly under the limit. That's probably a glitch but I wish they would fix it.

• Yes, it should go back up to 3,000 characters.

• Yeah, I agree with you.

• Allow the upvotes and downvotes on comments to be visible without the person having to vote.

Give us notifications when someone comments on our answer, on another answer we commented on and when someone downvotes, or upvotes us.

Create a separate section for trauma victims (bullying, rape, etc). There are so many rape questions I'm seeing around here. These people are looking for support and they should have a specialised section on GaG that allows them to talk to people who've been trough it more easily, to get support.

Bring back the damn articles and make the comment section on them as open as a comment section on a question would be.

The split screen thing you use to have with one gender on the left and the other on the right was awesome. I don't know why go back to this lamer layout where one gender is above the other. -_-

• Nice suggestions

• I almost forgot. I have a focus of a goldfish. Allow us to preview out answer (especially since you introduced images) before send it to the question. We don't want to "go in blind". >.<

• You know the previous GAG had Would You Date Me?

Some people participated but at the same time it wasn't exactly what everyone was looking for.

Since they took it down everyone is asking to be ranked and what do you think about their over all appearance which is what we wanted to know in the first place.

And they took away our ability to post more than one pic.

So they could give a better way to give the people what they want a specific area on GAG to get Rated 1-10 and why with a pic.

And everyones happy because apparently some people are becoming annoyed by people asking this question and leaving rude comments and others want to be rated to find out.

So the two don't have two mix and it can be an improved version of the old one.

• I would like it if when I block someone, their questions don't come up in my feed at all. Not even if someone I'm following answered the question. Along these lines I would like to be able to "hide" certain users altogether because if they're not going to take care of trolls, I would like to not see them.

And I miss the "friend" thing. Following sounds weird.

• Sorry, I didn't mean to complain lol

• GEH AHAHAHA HAEHEH WHWHEEHE HEHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH!!! what, no korean popstar imagery?

• There are so many scenarios to cover to keep everything from and related to a blocked user from appearing in your feed. We are working on making this more efficient, but blocking everything is a difficult task to achieve.
      Reports can sometimes take up to 24 hours to get through, depending on how many are waiting in line to be reviewed. Please don't hesitate to send a message or Contact Form to expedite this process. We're here to help.

• - Change it back to side-by-side opinions instead of stacked one. Stacking the opinions makes zero sense.

- While the new PM system is much better than the old one, and I really appreciate that the messages appear instantly if you have the conversation open, I'd really like to be able to browse the site while keeping my active conversations opened. In other words: Bring back some kind of IM/chat bar.

- Optional notifications for other users' opinions. That way we will be notifified when there's a new comment on an opinion you've commented on. But please, make it optional.

- New tabs opening by default is nothing but annoying. Undo that.

• Either that or something like 1st and 2nd.
      I want it cause once I see a Q already has a MH, there's not really a point to answering it anymore.

• Bring back multiple images on your profile, don't understand why they got rid of that. Yeah stacked answers are annoying, and are you serious? One point for answering each question? It used to be 3 and amazon gift cards cost 3000 I remember the good days :'(((

• 1. increase our points while asking/answering question/choosing mh/or being chosen mh
    2.filter already asked questions
    3.increase the value of the amazon gift card
    4.not to allow anonymous when it comes to answering questions

• Add an 'Other' option to the gender choices, and allow us to assign our own damn colours instead of 'boys = blue, girls = pink'. This feels a bit like being tots all over again.

• -Make it so that a new tab doesn't open every time I click on a question

-Return the "reality check" section and the "race" section so the option to block these horribly annoying questions is an option

-Quit being so increasingly cheap on the Xper. One point per answer is really ridiculous flagrant.

-Return side-by-side answers

• Have the option to delete a question or comment.

• gag has to get the OK from google on that. when you search google for this site, the questions/answers pop up and thus thats probably how you found gag. so, google would have to say OK on that because then it wouldn't show up on the search engine. i dont think google would do that though, they make money every time you search something

• Well, at least the answers from boys and girls next to each other.
    No new tabs opening. Maybe something like a blog or journal you can make.
    News messages could also be nice =)

• Tighter control on the under 18 crowd.

• Why is that? If we don't give them info, no one will.

• Honey, MY kids are tightly controlled with the internet access. I know everything they do on the internet. They aren't allowed on sites like this. My kids and I have a very open relationship. They aren't sheltered from life. This isn't a site for teens. When a guy posts pics of his dick, these unsupervised kids shouldn't be seeing it. This site has perverts on it. I know because I have had some inbox me. One told me last night that he had sex with a 16 year old last week and he wanted me to join in on it. He's almost 30. That's the kind of crap these kids should be secluded from on this site.

• Well that has nothing to do with "controlling the under the 18 crowd" an everything to do with reporting and controlling perverts. There is no way for GaG to restrict under 18 kids to contact perverts.

• If someone asks a question that has already been asked by another user, show their answers so they don't have to ask it again. No new tabs.

• lol, maybe, but it is addictive. I can't see myself be here in the long term.

• Only thing I can really think of is to allow two most helpful answers, one female and one male so you get to see "the best" from both sides

• Put rate me or date me post in a separate section from questions.

• I like the idea of a news room. I also like the idea of multiple people chat rooms.

• filter should be for the same questions.

• I think they need to work on their app. It's a good start but a very rough version of what it should be.

What Guys Said 17

• Side by side answers

Unless you like to

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...
    SCROLL...

• I think they should introduce the question types again, since I'd rather stick to answering the "Other" category instead of hearing all the romance junk over and over again.

• Side by side answers again.

Don't automatically bring up new tabs, I can do that on my own.

Add an edit button, it's 2014, plenty of websites similar to this one that don't condemn you for a misspelling.

Bring back articles.

• With the edit button- I think that would work if you could edit only within the first 5-10 minutes of posting. Otherwise it would be chaotic and confusing.

• That crossed my mind, if an argument breaks out the QA can just constantly switch his shit up.

A editing timer would definitely help to alleviate the issue.

• OH ya!! and you need put a reason for editing up too!

• a chat option would do and there should be less questions on butt boobs masturbation lol

• Chat rooms would be tons of fun.
    Go back to side by side instead of stacked. Its a way better format.
    I like the idea of a 'most helpful' for each gender.
    At least double the size of messages we can write.
    Get rid of all the damn tabs opening.
    Copying SaVes, Optional notifications for other users' opinions.

• change the opinions back to the way it was a week or two ago where the genderswere side by side. I enjoyed that.

make it so if you have to post an anon question or opinion it costs 5 xper. that way people don't abuse anon.

• Bring back the Article feature!

• 1. Return Articles

2. Return "Rate Me" and integrate (optionally) into the profile.

3. Integrate a real-time type chat function.

• Forgot about the rate me. Reality check is greatly missed.

• @2.: Good idea! That might also reduce the amount of the idiotic rate-me questions.

@3.: Users (including me) have been begging for this for a year now. They will continue to ignore it, trust me.

• I was okay with reality check. I felt it was awkward because you had people who never went on dates making up their perfect date and people who went on dates making up far less extravagant and more realistic ones. It was kind of obvious who was and wasn't hooked up the Reality IV.

• 1. search needs to be chrono order. So noob.
    2. get rid of that stupid orange banner when I post an opinion. It blocks buttons.

• Chat rooms, chat box its annoying enough to hit refresh when you wish to talk to someone over an opinion.

Also opinion comments never seems to get a notification

• I sort of want more in depth profiles. Like tidy it up a bit and give us more personalized spaces to put information/interests, maybe photo albums

• back to side by side
    2 MH
    preset "see results" option on polls
    pics on profiles instead of just profile pics
    IM
    No creepy "we've noticed you haven't selected a MH" messages from GAG
    no more new tabs cause wtf

• GAG should send every user a pizza on Friday night

• Remove the default "open in new tab"!

• One thing I would like to see is when I'm going through old opinions of mine or old questions of mine I would like to be able to jump to a certain page instead of hitting "show more" and then just keep scrolling down just to hit "show more" again. Also, set it up with how many of your old questions/opinions you want to show per page. So, like 20 can be the default and up to say... 100.

Change the character limit back to 3,000... if not more.
    Get rid of the character limit on the messaging. It's a personal message. I shouldn't be restricted to 500 character limit.. or any amount of character limit when replying in a personal message. I understand some people use it on their phones, but since I only use this site on my computer, it's really frustrating to have a feature that is basically just a text message box with a character limit instead of an email message box with no character limit.

Give me an option on things that I want to get notified by. If I don't want to get notified whenever someone replies to my opinion I should be able to check mark that off. And if I leave a comment on someone elses opinion and I want to get notified whenever someone else replies to that opinion, I should be able to check mark it so I get notified. Like, put a box next to the persons opinion and a caption that says, "follow this opinion", or something so that you can check mark opinions that you want to keep up to date on instead of having to come back to check if someone left something. And if I no longer want to get notified I can just click the box again to uncheck it.

• a section where we can rate naked selfies of the girls.