GaG assigns Most Helpful automatically when u don't do it yourself?

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? LOL!

i could be very delayed…its 1am here peeps the slowness is extremely normal…

BUT WHAAAA? WHYYY?

how long ago did u all realise this?:P

Most Helpful Guy

• They announced a month or so ago when they changed the site that they want EVERY question to have a MH answer, and that people who hadn't picked a MH answer will get reminded to do so, but if they don't pick one themselves after 2 weeks, the system will do so automatically, based on some algorithm they created. No Xper points are awarded for system-chosen MH's however.

Anyway, the way to avoid that is to pick an MH yourself before the deadline.

What Guys Said 9

• It's to help beautiful little girls like yourself so that you don't have to go through the trouble of hunting older answers to select MH ;) :D lol

The new GAG used to do it once in 15 days but now I think it stands revised to 30 days. They send you reminders and after 30 days the admin chooses the MH for you :)

• I noticed that too. What is it based on? Up votes vs down votes? Works for me, I'm trying to keep my 20% MH rating up, it dipped down to 19% yesterday. Trying to put up Hall of Fame numbers over here...

• The more you answer, the hardest it must become. I am struggling to hold onto my 25%... Good luck bro.

• This change happened when the new version launched.

I don't mind that IMO.

---

What I do care about is registering as "most helpful" on this website's "auto most helpful" algorith of the site's source code,

so my "most helpful" percentage looks good!

---

Once this auto-assign feature kicked in, my "best answer"/"most helpful" percentage jumped from 5% to 13%!

• The announced it a couple of weeks ago. I honestly don't know about the algorithm they use but I think the MH percentage is gone way up for everybody (even me) and I guess in a way you could say the MH percentage no longer holds merit. Anybody could get a good percentage now

• yessss its gone up heaps! ohhh so THATS y! seems kinda stupid to me

• It seems pointless to me too.

• I find it kind of stupid becuase a computer can't pick the best answer becuase it's not you just like a computer could not create a effective camo pattern.

• For one thing there are no straight lines in nature all the limes in digital camo are straight and the colors are wrong.

• I had no idea until now. I have gotten the you haven't selected a best answer messages but did not realize they would pick it for you after a certain amount of time.

• It's been like this for a couple of months now. The system selects MH after 14-15 days. I know about it, the first day it started.

• Idgaf if they do, they already knows i won't do them

• GEH EHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH!!! STOP BEING LAZY!!! fools...

What Girls Said 6

• Thats so odd. generally I pick a MH pretty quickly unless no ones answers really helped or were good, which is rare. Well maybe itll help out since most people dont assign MH's.

• Yes, not only that, they also went through thousands of questions in my no longer active old accounts and assigned Most Helpful on my behalf. And the answers in my old accounts also suddenly have a higher percentage of MH.Haha.
    I am really grateful to GAG for all the hard work although I might not agree with all the MH they selected on my behalf.But most of the time I smile when I see my questions being automatically assigned the MH;especially those questions that I asked last year :-))

• Of course I always try to assign the MH myself.But if I can't decide which one to assign the MH, especially when there are too many answers, then I will leave it to GAG :-)

• i wasn't aware of that

• I Always get a mail with, you haven't selected MH yet.
    It never selected one for me though...

• Yup they do that...read it somewhere

• If you do not choose a Most Helpful opinion for your question within 30 days, the system will do it for you based on engagement; votes, comments, length, time, Xper level, gender, among other criteria.

When the system chooses the MH for you, no one gets the MH Xper points.
    We send reminders after 7 days, letting you know to choose one so that everyone can get their Xper points.

For reference, this information can always be found in our FAQ ^_^
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/features