If GaG announced that users can't "block" users, make private profiles, and heavily restrict "anonymous" usage, would your activity level change?

Let's say GaG made this supposed change announced in the "news" section in the upper right of the main page, that:

1) users are unable to "block" other users (aka the "block" button (s) is gone)

2) users are only able to go anonymous to ask/answer questions twice per seven days (to prevent overuse of the "anonymous" feature)

3) users are unable to make profiles private (aka the "make profile private" check-box is gone)

---

In essence, everyone is able to communicate freely without restrictions,

and the anonymous feature cannot be overly used to "bypass" the above goal of the website.

---

In short:

1) Would your activity level on this site be affected?

2) Which one of the three points above would cause the most change to your activity level (if any change will occur for you)?

----

Please vote on the poll and describe your views about why you voted the way you did.

-----

Thanks for answering my (hypothetical) question! :-D

• i would keep using GaG the same amount (aka it wouldn't make a difference for me)
  • i would keep using GaG although i would be less active
  • i would use GaG less and would probably end up deactivating within a YEAR
  • i would use GaG less and would probably end up deactivating within a MONTH
  • When I got word of this announcement, I would deactivate my profile within a week

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't thunk I could be an active user anymore then.

First, there are, have been, and always will be certain users who I find extremely offensive and/or irrational, and I simply don't want to waste my time and energy dealing with those kinds of people.

And second, every once in a while there are users who simply start to harrass me when either my responses to their (usually inappropriate) advances aren't what they were hoping for, or they heavily disagree with me on some topic and aren't capable to keep the discussion mature, rational, and free from persoanl insults. Now I don't want to know how these confrontations would end, if there was no blocking option.

• *think

• Obviously!

• That's why you like me so much! ;-)

What Girls Said 5

• Not really. I typically steer clear of annoying people and hope they extend me the same courtesy- which they typically do.

• You're a cool girl...I can't imagine people being mean to you here. :)

• Lmao I'm sure it was a well-deserved block :P

• It definitely was. You know how nice and tolerable I am. For me to block YOU, you really gotta do some shit. :-P

• I would probably make a lot of my questions anonymous and use it less with a picture of me possibly but I don't know if I'd want my face alongside my articles. I'm not normally anonymous on websites though. I would remain anonymous till the end!

• You can only go anonymous twice per seven days (see #2 in the question description).

Which means only two total anonymous usage per seven days (two questions, two answers, or one question and one answer)

---

How would that affect your usage of GaG, Ms. Hannah? :-D

• I don't do many anonymous answers so I don't think that'd be a problem. Not being able to hide my identity on my profile would be a problem which would alter my use.

• Makes sense. :)

• Wouldn't make much difference for me. I hardly use those options. in my opinion they should restrict the amount of anons one can use a day.

• Same amount unless Im busy. I don't block anyone on here. I do like to troll anonymously but I can do that either way. It's just funnier when Im anon.

• I haven't blocked anyone (yet) and don't feel the need to go anon, so changes to 1 & 2 would not impact me at all.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't post anonymously and have blocked few people. so I'd probably use the same rate as I do now...

however my usage might depend on the actions of others who may take advantage of the fact that they can no longer be blocked

• A. I don't give a fuuuuuckkkkk.

• My profile is public, I have never posted anonymously, and no one is on my block list, so the changes wouldn't change much for me.

• same here; i think i only have 1 user on my block list (and that was YEARS ago) lol

• It ain't nothing to me. It's other people who make a big deal about blocking, being private, and anonymous.

• Momma ain't raised no...

• I went anonymous for one question and it was my very first question. Only time I've ever went anonymous. My profile is always public too. I'd never block anyone on here because that's be a word I'm not going to say. Then those same blockers tattle like kids. It's cool though. They do them.

• rich, itch...

• I would use it more. Don't believe in anonymous posting, except in some questions of a personal nature.

• It makes no difference. Only maybe 3 users know who I really am anyway.

• My activity wouldn't change at all.

• I voted A. I would just develop Thicker skin.

• I would answer 2 questions per 7 days and after a little while I'd probably stop using GAG as it would be really annoying not being able to answer questions

• You would be able to answer all u want to...the limitation is on use of the anonymous feature.

Are u saying that u won't have any activity on the site at all unless it was as anonymous?

• I only answer anonymously. If a question has blocked anonymous answers I don't answer. If the site limited anonymous answers it would limit how much I answer, and I'd probably stop using the site