Does anyone think that the new capability to post pictures directly could negatively impact how we answer questions?

Just like the title says.
I mean it's cool and makes things easier, but in the same breath I think it could diminish the quality of the answers that are posted.
I've noticed a couple of times already that people have posted gifs as answers. That doesn't seem very helpful to me :P

I understand that it's okay to have fun and joke around, and I'm all for that. But it's not always appropriate.

How do you feel about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand your concerns. But people have always posted gifs (me too), it's just that now you have to see them, whether you want to or not. Haha.

A good idea would be for the QA to have an option to check "don't allow thumbnails and embedded videos".

What Guys Said 2

• Haha, when you actually look into it you'll find out that majority of the QxA sites have this particular feature.
    At the end, pictures can describe much more than words :D
    adoptingjames.files.wordpress.com/.../...iting.jpg xD

• I like the idea of surprising someone with a picture link as opposed to showing it to them ;)

Plus sometimes there is some NSFW content posted and at least a link is a layer of protection from having it pop up.

What Girls Said 3

• i like it. i mean, common, do people really come here for the serious expert advice? do the people who do that also use encyclopedia dramatica for research?

• I like it cos I am lazy and I hate clicking on a link and waiting for it to load. It's much easier this way.

• I agree. I also think people will get picked for mh more frequently with pictures rather than the views expressed for words. I'm going to go from a whopping 7% to like nothing...