Do all these ads slow down your computer?

All the ads on this site slows down my computer frequently, it's a desktop 15 months old. Everytime the ads start to load on here everything gets a lot of lag and I can't use the site till their done but ever after their done the site still lags, I have really fast internet but maybe it's my computer?

Do all these ads slow down your computer?

Updates:
I have adblock plus and it's active, still manages to slow down my PC.
There is an adblock plus addon in the firfox app store with the same name I uninstalled it and installed the official one I searched on Bing.

It's a miracle!

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I have adblock and if anything, it speeds up my computer. Maybe yours is from a dodgy site?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• yeah ads tend to slow down your pc

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see any ads because if you reach past Xper 8 then you don't see them anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use adblock.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• They used to. Now I Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Block Plus (on IE11 and Chrome), and use Opera's excellent content blocking options to block bandwidth eating advertisements.

Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

Opera Web Browser v12
    www.opera.com/.../

Using Opera to block ads
    www.makeuseof.com/.../

expertester.wordpress.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
  • Install "Adblock plus" on your computer. That should help keep the ads blocked/hidden.

0|0
    0|0
  • It usually isn't the ads.
    It can eigther be the browser on a very slow computer , poorly installed / maintained windows (Lots and lots of bloatware) or simply underpowered hardware such as a slow HDD or CPU.

0|0
    0|0
  • What Browser are you using?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, definitely. They may come from malware or spyware. Use blockers like Ad-block plus for your browser and use an antivirus software.

0|0
    0|0