Removing the tabs - GAG why did you cave in to a few complainers?

So it seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease at girlsaskguys.com. They made the decision to open questions in new tabs which is very convenient. But a few people whined about the changes (because change is scary) and threatened to leave (oh no!!) and GAG caved in.

Don't listen to the small minority that made the loudest noise, the majority was fine with the changes! Change it back to your original idea of questions in new tabs!

Or should I get irrational like others on here - change it back or I may have to leave... nah, I can never leave, I like the site too much.

Geez you'd think I insulted your mothers or stuck up for Donald Sterling with these reactions!

Most Helpful Girl

• The majority was actually NOT "fine" with the changes. Only a very small minority of users were okay with all the extra tabs. Look at all of the questions that were asked after the extra tabs feature was implemented, almost no one on liked them.

GirlsAskGuys would not have removed that feature if only a few people disliked it...

• People aren't going to ask a question about how awesome a new feature is. People almost never go out of their way to express appreciation, but if they are irked, they will not shut up about it. If you have a bad experience, you tell all your friends, but if you have a good experience you may not tell anybody.

• We had an actual conversation and I didn't get a lot of that here. You deserved it!

• Well thank you:) And I'm sorry you lost a feature you enjoyed. It always sucks when that happens.

What Girls Said 11

• It's not fair for you to categorize people's genuine frustrations as whining simply because you don't see eye to eye with them about it. The tabs were annoying and it was so unnecessary. Having at least 10 tabs open after being here for maybe 25 min would slow down my computer and I couldn't type answers out as fast because of all the info overload. A majority of the people here thought the tabs were unnecessary and ridiculous. On my iPhone, the more internet browsers you have open, the more battery life decreases. So if I logged into GAG via phone, I would start at 80% and be down to 50% within 15 minutes. That's just plain ridiculous...and for what purpose? I'm grateful that GAG changed it because it was a huge pain in the a**.

I don't know what majority you're talking about, most people couldn't stand the excessive tabs and thought it was redundant. Btw, you're being hypocritical because your whole post is you whining yourself.

• So you open a question or two, answer them and close the tabs. Battery saved, not that difficult. Without the tabs, it's a pain when you click on a question, answer it, and then go back to where you left off at.

And I'm 'whining' because it worked for you guys so hopefully it will work for me too.

• I'm not bitching at you, I'm responding to you which I can do because you chose to respond to my question. And I'm being 'childish and bratty' because that's what people did when GAG made the change to tabs... and it worked for them.
      Anyways, I asked one question and now I'm going back to asking and answering relationship questions, which if I'm not mistaken is the point of this site.

• You're ridiculous and you don't even see the error in your communication. Goodbye.

• I can see how it was convenient for those who don't use GaG that much. But as a person who browses through pages and pages of GaG within minutes, having to close 20+ tabs after like 10 minutes of browsing gets pretty damn frustrating.
    They wouldn't have changed it if the majority were fine with it. It was a useless feature anyway, considering that you can open up a tab just as easily on your own.

• So you don't click on 20 questions at once. Click on a couple, answer them, close the tab, then move on. The other questions will be waiting there for you to answer. I don't see how clicking on a question, having your screen leave the question page, answering, then having to navigate back to the question page and find where you left off, is easier. Please fill me in here.
      And I use GAG all the time.

• I don't click on 20 questions at once. I click on one question, it opens a new tab. Answer the question. Keep browsing in the new tag. Open another question. Answer. Keep browsing in the new tab etc etc etc until I've answered lots of questions and I have like 10 tabs that I don't even use. I don't check my tabs until I notice that it becomes crowded up there. It's annoying to have to go back to the tabs to close them like every 10 minutes as opposed to every other hour.

• You are the minority, not the majority

• If you want to open questions in new tabs then you can hold down ctrl when you click on the link. For the vast majority of vocal members on this site, the tabs were a pain.

• And if you didn't like those tabs you can click the little "x" at the top.

• It's a lot harder to do on mobile. Majority of people don't want to be closing tabs all the time, if you want to open a tab then as the minority wanting that just press ctrl when clicking.

• I am pretty sure most people hated it. The people spoke and they listened.

• They were horrid, especially on my phone!

• Most people hated it

• It was more then a few I posted a question with a poll 78% hated the tabs. Personally I liked it.

• They were frankly annoying!
    Before i knew it i had a zillion windows open.

• That shit was too much to handle I would actually like seriously leave this site :()

• To be honest I didn't even notice the exact chane you're talking about nor do I care.

But while you're calling out people complaining about change like it was the worst thing in the world. How about you just be the bigger person and drop it because obviously you lost the battle.

• I'm just doing what they did last week. It worked for them! But I'm not asking question after question about it because it's not the end of the world.

• it was especially difficult when using a phone

What Guys Said 15

• I assumed a few people spoke up but all of us hated it.

I actually thought it was a mistake. I couldn't imagine anyone would view this as a feature.

On the odd occasion I want to open something in a new tab, i -use the browser command- and do so.

• Seriously, hold Ctrl and left click; or middle click.

It really isn't hard.

• Yeah, or on mobile hold down till open in new window pops up.

• It's time consuming. It's so much easier to open in new tabs instead of using the back button and finding where I left off.

• You are the minority when it comes to liking that particular change.

I suggest you give the whole "going away" thing a try.

• Here's the thing. If you want a new tab, it's easy for you to open questions in a new one. When tabbing was the default, there was no way not to have tabs. So you can still use the site the way you like. but for those who hated tabs there was no way to use the site the way they liked. No tabs is the better option for the majority

• Just because one person liked it doesn't mean GAG should keep it when thousands were complaining. This is not just your world.

• I don't see a SINGLE person here who agrees with you.

In fact, I'm willing to wager the next ten won't either.

• That's because I didn't accuse those people of whining about a small change.

• Very convenient? Pleeeeeeeease. If you want new tabs, you can either hold Ctrl when you click on an answer, or use the middle button. On the phone, the only difference now that it doesn't open a new tab for each question is that you need to press the back button twice instead of once, AND it's more memory efficient. Oh the woes!

• If you want to close the tabs, click on the little "x" at the top.

• Trolling is such a bullshit made up word. I am not trolling you. What you're doing is insisting on the last word.

If you don't want to talk about my question then you should have never answered it (which, by the way, you were the first). Besides, there was no point in answering in the first place, because you won, tabs are a thing of the past.

• No they aren't a "thing of the past". You have to middle click and you'll be using tabs.

• Kills the battery on a mobile, eats the memory. Nice to know there was a majority of one who liked it

• then don't open every question at the same time! Open one or two, answer them and then close the tabs. It's not rocket science!

• Why should I have to spend my time closing pointless tabs? If I wanted them to open in new tabs I would do that myself

• GAG is Western. And in the West, squeaky wheel gets the wheel. It's in the East that the nail that sticks up is hammered down.

• You are in the minority my friend!

• I dont think it was a minority of people...

• It was pretty much everyone who voted in the poll, apart from like, 2 people out of 70.

• mate I think you might be a bit blind a shit ton of people complained.

• People are more prone to complain than to compliment, that's human nature. Too bad GAG listened to those few people.

• fmd people will complain about anything. the right decision was made that most people like.

• If you want it to open in a new tab right click "new tab"

• i didn't like that it forced me to open a new tab. if i want to open a new tab, i will