Why is everyone one so judgmental?

Why is majority on here so hateful and mean. Where's the love? Ha

Most Helpful Guy

• We are, most of us, human. We see, hear, smell, taste, and feel. We have this big thing called our brain of which we know nothing about.

At current estimates our brain takes in about 20 quadrillion signals per second, and we can only relate any new information we take in at any moment to previous experiences. Evidence suggests that only the information that is easily sorted, or most essential to survival is the information that composes conscious human thought. Everybody judges everybody.

My favorite is when people say “I’m not judging you” or “I don’t judge people” which translates into, "I am judging you”.

And also like others have stated below, the demographic of this site, and what I see as the purpose of the site is to convey judgement. Men and Women think much differently and are different. Sometimes things get a bit vague and we need help translating between the differing languages that exist composed by our differing patterns of thought.

Unfortunately subjectivity (judgement) exists even in empirical problems but I won’t go there for sake of nerdiness.

The bottom line: Differing hormones and cultural and a variety of other differences make our brains work differently. This site serves to translate and caters to those who either enjoy judging persons of the opposite sex or do not yet understand how to effectively judge persons of the opposite sex. Emotions usually involved in both cases. Learning a different language purely from a book, without any interaction of someone who is already fluent doesn’t work. So we’re either here to help each other out or confuse one another. But probably both.

-Cheers

What Guys Said 16

• I think most people, like myself, came on here because they had some emotional turmoil related to the other gender, and they wanted to talk to the other gender about it.

A lot of what I see is people posting things like "Why do girls like bad boys and hate nice guys" (which I consider a legitimate confusion men have that we need to resolve.)

Then a girl responds "I love nice guys! My boyfriend is a total sweetheart who loves puppies and kittens and plays sweet ukulele songs for me. Bad boys are gross and creepy!"

But then, RIGHT BELOW IT:

Original Poster: "No you don't. Girls don't like guys like that. They like jerks because they are jerks."

(Chances are, bro, you're either hanging out with the PUA community too much, or you're watching girls who are jerks.)

I must admit I'm probably guilty of this, too.

But I think everyone comes here with some emotional baggage regarding the other gender, and it's hard for them to step back, and analyze every point of view to realize how they interact, before making judgements.

And even then, many of them just jump to ad-hominem responses.

• It's the Internet so there's no accountability so people can say or do whatever they want. At least you know how people really feel even though it can be jacked up..

• That's the entire purpose of this site lol

• yes opinions i get that but being mean about it is my point.

• Most people aren't straight mean about it. Sometimes the blunt truth can be interpreted as mean though.

• 1|0
  • Example? People are judgmental by nature, internet seems to make it easier to judge and say what they think because they are hiding behind a screen.

• Example would be in general I see it everywhere. I just think people should be nice about the way they give their opinions. But it is true people hide behind a computer screen makes it super easy to act that way.

• Yea, you see issues with this with all social media though.

• True and this is why I take breaks from it.

• It's the nature of the beast. That is how social media is. It is very easy to be critical sitting behind the www wall. I bet you, most of the critical people here are not the same in person.

• The majority isn't being hateful, mean? Maybe a bit, but only when they state their opinion which is legit enough.

• I feel like a lot of people have their opinions which yes is the point of this site but are like so harsh about it.

• From time to time yes, but it's not an overwhelming amount.

• I'm not hateful I just keep it 100.

• Pucker up buttercup , I'm not judgmental
    I'm the biggest pussy cat around

• Being understanding requires effort and effort requires effort. Humans aren't big on that shit.

• I think your lovely

• I love you!!!

• You are right. People on here are very harsh

• Fuck the love, this is the internet. Ain't nobody got time for all that shit

• I love people who believe what I believe. Otherwise, I judge, but fairly in my opinion.

• How so? As for where the love is, well it's here and there, just got to know where to look =P

• Just in general I feel like a lot of "opinions" on here can some times come off as really mean or judgmental. There is a nice way to have an opinion.

• I couldn't agree more. We also think other things are way more important then the actual important issues. The media masks the real issues. People encourage it by using technology and we all become addicted.

• At the end of the day I can only control my own actions. I'm working towards helping ensure a solution to these issues and all I can do is the best I can. At the end of the day, that's what's important. Just doing my part.

What Girls Said 10

• This is the internet..unfortunately that means people can be mean and nasty to others because they can hide behind their computer screen.

Some people are just like that. They don't want to be helpful or kind to others, they just want to put them down and be hateful. Posts like that are not okay and I would encourage you to report any post that you feel is simply antagonistic.

• yes very true. Like i know this is opinion based site but I also think people can say it nicely ya know.

• I agree. There is a way to be honest yet kind at the same time. People don't have to sugar coat their opinions but they don't need to be rude or mean either.

• I try to keep my bluntness a little sugar-coated unless someone pisses me off. Then I'll let them have it.

• It's the internet. You just deal, like you don't give a fuck.

People won't stop being judgmental of someone, something..

It happens. We sometimes forget to take a step back and look at the situation, whatever it may be and not judge.

Oh well.

• I don't think anyone is being mean on purpose, most are just honest when they are answering questions. Which is good people come here to ask and get honest opinions, not sugar coated opinions.

• True not looking for sugar coated opinions there is always a nice way to say something.

• For me I'm blunt by nature. Why sugar coat things

• That can come off as rude, but I know I've answered some Q&A with sarcasm and rudeness

• I'm very blunt too and I agree why sugar coat things, but there is a nice way to say things.

• Haha. Yea, ok

• Could be lots of reasons; media, environment, peer pressure, or whatever

• I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE, TAKE SOME !!! <3

• i got used to it but there are nice people here too

• I know right! So many men here are immature and bitter about women! Kinda sad...

• Hateful and mean towards what?