Do you think some users here confuse being blunt with being a bully?

I have noticed there are two types of blunt users here
- are direct and polite, give honest opinion and actually try to help the asker
- are direct and rude, try to bring the asker down and absolutely believe there perspective is higher.

Am I mistaken?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Too blunt can be just an excuse to bully. If someone doesn't have something nice to say they shouldn't say it at all

• There is a "middle ground" between the two...i feel im one of the few users that can strike that balance.

• I agree with that. You have a lot of tact

What Guys Said 10

• I do think some users are too sensitive. I have seen many posts get accused of being cruel, when they were just blunt.

I think people see what they expect to see. If they get bullied a lot in real life, they see bullying in posts where there isn't any.

• I don't get bullied in real life. But we all know people feel superior when behind a keyboard. They know in real life they would get their asses whopped.

• Hmmm interesting way of putting it.

• We human beings are most times a confused lot. A lot of us out here don't realize when we are bullying someone and believe that what we are saying is correct & it's in good sense for the asker to accept it.

While yes there are those who are intentionally direct & rude :)

• Unnecessary bluntness is verbally beating up on somebody.

I feel most can tell the difference.

• i do think some people confuse being blunt for being a bully

• Yes, i believe it happens here
    i try more than my best to help
    i never am rude i walk away from hate
    i been hated for long time so i know
    the hurt it gives if i hurt someone

• I do my best to avoid anyone I don't automatically feel a desire to be nice to. My silence is my answer to those types.

• I'm blunt and cruel if I need to be, because sometimes kindness is going up to someone, smacking them in the face and shouting "snap out of it!"

• Rudeness is the Religion. Subtlety is just the ritual.

• I'm sure I fit into all of those categories at some point or another

• I have only been just two days on this site I did notice that too

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, definitely. It is possible to be honest, yet kind as well. A person does not have to sugar coat everything they say but it's not hard to just re-phrase something or to say it in a different way in order to avoid causing drama and stepping on toes.

Some users are just mean and hide behind the excuse of "being blunt." It just causes drama because if someone is rude, it doesn't matter if they're being honest or not, the QA is not going to listen to them.

That being said, I have also seen some users complain of bullying where there isn't any. Sometimes people ARE just being a bit overly sensitive. It can be difficult to convey a point online when we obviously cannot hear the person's tone of voice. Sometimes people aren't being mean at all, the other person just takes it the wrong way.

• I agree some are a bit too sensitive. I'm taking about certain "blunt" users, who resort to name calling and whatnots.

• Yeah, that's definitely unnecessary. That's not being honest, it's just being hurtful.

• Respect when communicating with others goes a long way. Being blunt is fine as long as you are respectful.

• Yupp. There's way too many assholes here 😩😩😩😩😩

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Yes. There's lots of that here.

• Some of them are soo rude and with the figurative language support this situation.