Would u rather a QA comment back on your answer to their question? Or would u not care?

only reason I'm asking is because when i first joined the site [which will be 1 year go in 2 days time!!!], i remember people telling me that it was unusual for question askers to respond to the answerers as much as i did.

i just found myself doing it from the get go and when i realised it wasn't common, iv just been doing it ever since.

do u ever expect a question asker to acknowledge ur answer, or do u just get in there, give ur input and head on to the next question? :)

i personally take the latter approach but i do appreciate it when a QA gets back to me=]

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on my answer and the question being asked, and weather or not the QA needs to comment on my opinion. Your not alone, I have answered questions before where the QA commented thanks on every one's opinion for answering their question, me personally would rather have an up vote than a thanks, easier and more efficient.

What Guys Said 11

• If the Asker was helped by the answer I like to hear that, and I think if they have questions about my answer I'm happy to help. Comments are ok as well, but not necessary.

I'll always respond to the Asker's comment if there is an opportunity to say something productive or at least to sound generally attentative, but sometimes under extenuating circumstances I will not answer back.

I try to give each question I answer on GAG a little thought and care and "going to the next one" isn't as much as a priority as writing what I feel a quality response would be. Sometimes after answering a lot of questons though, or when it gets late and I am tired, I sometimes misread things or answer below my own ability. I look back at it the next day and I'm like, "I wrote that?" lol. That is when I get for being a night owl.

Just. Ban. Anna-z.
    or...
    Just bananaz!

I think your name is pretty clever btw.

• awesome:)
      yeh i get what u mean, thats a good approach=]

haha y thank u:) dw man call me anything lol, people hav ended up coming up with other names like banana face or bananabutt-.- lol

• 1. It's not something to be accepted as a trend or done due to peer pressure
    2. It's basic courtesy to at least up/down vote an opinion and a thank you etc - good if it's done and nothing lost if not done :)
    3. I don't expect a QA to comment on an opinion if it doesn't meet their requirement or even so if they don't comment on any opinion throughout their particular question
    4. The QA asks a question to know opinions and we opine. If they want to they'll revert and if they don't feel the need it's their call :)

• I cannot agree with #2. If someone gives a good opinion I like to give them an up arrow, whether I am the QA or just a reader. But if an opinion is nothing special and does not rate an up arrow, it probably does not rate an down arrow. I have seen Questions where it appears that one person has down voted everyone that does not agree with his thought on what is good. Like the question is "What color hair do you like on a girl?" Someone will go through and down vote anyone who did not put blond. I try to down vote only those that are hateful, antagonizing, or giving bad (wrong) answers. And if you down vote someone who is not obviously trying to antagonize, give them a reason so they understand what is "bad" about their answer..

• @Red Arrow thank you for reading my opinion and commenting :)

#2 ends with 'nothing lost if not done' :) :) I agree with what you say but what I wrote was my perception & actions, not attempting to define a rule :)

• I generally like the interaction but for me it depends on how many effort i have put in an answer.
    If its something i really feel will help someone greatly i always hope they let me know how things went for them. Or if its a question like the What do you sound/look like? i would like to know there thoughts.

• I prefer that a QA say something so that I know that I have understood the question, or that they need further info, whatever. I make it a point to respond to just about every opinion to my questions, even if it is just to thank them for answering.

• I like to hear back from the QA usually. I like the give and take, to discuss with them. I usually respond back to my opinion givers, if nothing else but to thank them for responding.

• thats awesome same here=]
      thank u for responding hehe;P

• Lol. No problem. Thanks for responding. GAG is more fun when you have that notification that someone's responded to your question or answer.

• so true lol! makes me feel popular haha

• Depends on if they find my answer worth responding back to I guess. There are plenty of time when I ask a question and comment on a answers answer and never get a response. That is annoying.

• oh i see… yeh I don't know maybe they dont expect that u want a response, like maybe they think ur adding on to their answer or something I don't know

• Honestly I reckon it should be a Q and A session so it ends up in a conversation instead of someone posting their opinion then no response. It keeps thing's interesting in my opinion.

• i like that=] i would do that but sometimes i can tell when people just want an answer and dont wanna talk back haha

• True lol but it's funny when they go "be honest" and you give them a reality check then they get pissed.

• I don't really expect a answer back from the QA, but if I did get one back it would just be nice to I guess have a conclusion to the answer. I mainly answer a question and review some of the other previously stated questions then move onto the next.

• I suppose it depends on the person sometimes we get to busy to get to everyone.

• you dont have to reply to the answers, but it's polite to say thank you for replying

• agreed wif you

What Girls Said 12

• i dont expect them to. it annoys me that they do. it also annoys me when someone says thanks for MH too lol
    i get all excited that i get 1 new notification, turns out its just a one word comment 'thanks' or something along the lines. I CAME FOR THIS? hahaha

• I'm like you! lol I feel really rude just sitting here and not replying if someone's answered especially if they've taken the time to write a really long response.

I don't expect a question asker to comment or acknowledge my answer, only if I had spend ages writing one with a load of help in and they ignored it lol.

*drums fingers on laptop waiting to be acknowledged* -_-

• same lol, i like people to feel like i acknowledge them, even if theyre strangers:P

ahaha so true^

:O mustnt keep u waiting! *presses submit* :P

• haha ur welcome dear;P

aw thanks gorgeous, so do u! i remember u from other questions sounding really awesome:)

• Aww thank you! :)

• Do I expect it, no.

Do I prefer it.. yeah.. feedback is nice..

but then.. I don't respond back to everyone on mine... so I shouldn't complain.

• not really bother, if he/she feel there is a need to leave a comment they can otherwise it is fine

• I would love some feedback actually :) I am not throwing a bottle in an ocean actually :)

• Don't really care. But if I have asked something to understand the question better I'd rather the asker replied back.

• It depends Mainly on the question & to an extent the answer.

• I don't care unless I ask a question.

• i don't care

• I agree with u

• I wouldn't care.

• Sometimes when it seems they should (if I ask something), I am a little surprised when they don't.
    But I don't really expect everyone to respond to me. Some people respond to EVERYTHING, sometimes it's literally just, "Thanks"... I don't really think those comments are necessary, haha!
    But either way, I'm good.

• yeh i get u, but i guess id rather those ultra nice people than trolls who won't leave me alone:P

• i didn't mean that in an uptight way, just with insults and rudeness.

• Well obviously, I don't think anyone enjoys a rude troll, except maybe another rude troll :-P