Do you feel you have better morals than the average GAG user?

Most Helpful Girl

• based on a lot of the question and answers on here, yes i definitely have better morals lol :P

• thanks for MH!! :)

What Girls Said 6

• Not necessarily.

• Yeah kind of.

• Yes, I often feel that way while scrolling through the questions.

• Sorta when I look through these questions but I try not to cast opinion on others.

• Yes but many times its just like they give funny answers.

• I honestly don't know about the morals of people here.
    A lot of people say one thing and do another, so there's no way to tell.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, I do.

Just the other day I broke it off with a girl I've been dating the last week. I could totally nail her if I want, but I can't bring myself to do that to her.

Also morals aren't totally subjective. Nobody, in any culture, really feels that killing another person for no reason is a cool thing to do. That's just one big example. I think for the most part humanity is in line.

• No.

There's a small group that makes you think 'what a piece of shit'. But most I think want to be happy and be an okay person in the world.

Lots of people are flawed it's a small minority that are rotten. Unfortunately that minority leave a lot of damage in their wake and even our flaws mean people get hurt.

• Yes but in a bad way.

As an example, many people my around my age (18) don't like my perspective on sex. Like, I think it should only be in a relationship, taken slowly and shouldn't happen unless both parties love and trust each other AND are okay with the possibility of kids. That typically gets a "yeah, okay loser" type of response.

However, I try (to the best of my ability) to not impose my moral standards on others. For example, I don't think tattoos are attractive but I'm not going to start shaming someone for having them. I just say it's not my thing and move on.

• I don't take everyone to heart here so no lol

• Who am I to judge other people's morals? Our moral codes vary in this world and that's totally okay as long as we aren't infringing on the rights of others or hurting anyone.

• "...as we aren't infringing on the rights of others or hurting anyone."

Cultural Relativism died because of one question: "How do you measure harm?" There were cultures where people ate their own dead harming themselves in the process but no one else. Is that okay? When do we have an ethical obligation to step in to prevent that kind of harm? What of cultures that purposefully overfeed their children to obesity as a standard of beauty? Are we to intervene? There are cultures where sex is introduced at a very early age, sometimes prepubescent, so how do we measure that? There are cultures that purposefully and regularly use substances to derive hallucinations or take poisonous substances on purpose for spiritual reasons. What then?

Apathy is not moralistic. "It's their culture" has been an excuse for cruelty for aeons. Graduate from that thinking.

• You're right I totally understand where you're coming from. Thanks for speaking up and explaining to me your viewpoint.

• No, thank you for sparking my internet tirade!

• No, some people on here have really good morals

• I say yes...my morality is overall quite high

• 0|0
  • yes, i do. i have the best morals

• I have better morals than the average human.

• Me too, I think.At least this is what my dad says.Haha :PPP

• lly for me my morals got lost in hell some place

• Its online you don't really know in real life

• I would say I am far more moral than most people. That is because I have my own moral code that doesn't match societies. Even so I realize that morality is completely subjective.

• No. For the simple fact that morality is more of an individual, subjective trait (s), rather than some almighty list that everyone should strive to be like.

Seriously, when are people going to stop running with the crowd like this and actually learn to feel comfortable thinking and behaving for themselves?

• Sp you are okay with what the owner of the Clippers, Donald Sterling, said then? He certainly doesn't believe what we are taught to believe!

• I honestly don't give a shit what some rich dude said or what he believes. I can't control it, and don't have the desire to care so much about something I can't change.

Situations like that are typical anymore: someone says something that pisses a lot of people off, "the mob" gets angry and wants to make the person pay, they set out with their torches and pitchforks for his/her head (figuratively speaking), they make the person take back everything they said/say sorry/get punished somehow...

...all the while they don't realize that it's simply appeasement. Do you really think that Sterling guy is now the world's most open minded person? No, he's not. He probably still believes whatever he believed before, he just took his punishment to please you all.

So...does that make you feel happy that you were appeased the same way a person would to a child?