Do you think GAG should be 18+ only?

This was inspired by another question I saw. Simple really; do you thing GAG should only be for people over 18?

• Yes
  • No
To the people that said people would just lie about their age; what if they added a verification to make sure they were over 18? Then would you consider it a good idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly yes I think it should be 18+ as some stuff posted on the internet is gruesome and extremely sexual. Granted, people can lie, anyone admitting they're underage can just be banned on the spot. I feel the encouragement to keep it 18+ would be nice.

• "some stuff posted on the internet is gruesome and extremely sexual."
      Indeed. Much less so on GaG. Do you want to chase them to the gruesome?

• If they're online without safety controls set from their parents. That's on that family to deal with.

What Guys Said 20

• No, one of the best qualities of sites like GaG is that young people can come with all the problems they don't dare to talk about with parents or teachers.

Verifying the age would be impossible anyhow. Would you ask a birth certificate or a driving license to be faxed to GaG? A credit card? They'd 'loan daddy's card some evening.

If 12 yr olds want to come here I'd have to signal it to the administrator but I'd regret not being able to help them with their problem.
    There are a lot of sexually charged questions and conversations. Yes, the internet is full of them. At least they won't get wrong information here.

• It's also about the site. Those 13 yo are the posters writing here in 5 yrs. I know a site that was open from age 13. One day they changed that to 16, banned the 13 yo. 3 years later the site was empty.

• Most of the people who have relationship problems on here are under the age of 18 anyway. Christ knows why they're in a relationship in the first place when they should be focused on studying, but whatever O_o
    Making it 18+ would be like introducing medicine for Alzheimer's but restricting it to toddlers.

• No it would be silly to get rid of that demographic

• Not at all. The info here is important to most people way before they'reofficially adults.

• hmmm... maybe you're right, but they can't be reading about how adults do blow jobs... that annoyed the hell out of me.

• Why not? They're already giving and getting them in a lot of cases. They are having sex. They need access to information to minimize the risks of their activities. Building a bubble of ignorance around them will just expose them to more hazards.

• I do, since there are a lot of sexually charged questions and conversations. However, it would be rather pointless to change it since people will lie about there age anyway just like they always have. And ultimately there's no real way to verify it.

• What about registering with a credit card, without charge of course but that's a way to verify.

• I know this is in an ideal world, all hypothetical. Thank you for having a mature debate about it though. I respect that :)

• your welcome.

• Here's a question: Why do more WOMEN than Men want GaG to be 18+? Are women really that more restrictive and dare I say 'oppressive' then men? ;)

• No, it's a rule they wouldn't be successful in enforcing so it'd be a null rule.

• What if there was a verification system?

• I never said this wasn't fault proof did I? I am trying to say if there was a verification that could be used would you prefer it to be over 18 only.

• Regardless, if it's a credit card based verification you're gonna kill your site to run the verification? Most people wouldn't give their credit card numbers just like that as verification.

You don't make a rule that you can't enforce without killing off your user base.

• I say 16+ is good. The problem I noticed on many social networking sites, particularly Vine and Instagram, is there are a TON of 12-14 year olds on there and they really do ruin it. 16 seems to be fine, since you're close enough to 18 anyways. Besides, I know a lot of 16 year olds with issues that they need help answering.

18+ only would just encourage pornographic material, IMO. Next thing you know some guy would post a photo saying: "Eh, rate my dick ladies!"

• No, I have seen very good answers / questions from people under 18.

• There is a lot of content on here that pre terms and kids should not be viewing so some sort of block or anything would be good.

• I think 16+ sounds more realistic myself. So I voted "no".

• It should be separated. Like under 18s cannot access certain topics

• Like what? Young people seem to spend most of their time here asking about sex. It seems like having access to an anonymous way of getting answers on that subject probably does a lot of good. Ignorant teenagers fucking each other is unsafe.

• Young people have it hard enough these days. You'd cut them off from a forum where they can ask questions openly and get honest answers?

• No. Kids gotta learn someday!

• It should at least be 16 and over, 18 and better is over, 21 and over is the best option

• They can just lie about their age, how would their age be verified?

• Ok, I'm gonna stop you right there. No judgement, no offense. An age gate can be tricked by a 7 year old.

The only way you could confirm 18+ is to ask for info like credit card/social security/etc. This website is partially designed for people to privately ask questions (which is kind of redundant, since everything we do online is being stored somewhere by the companies that run the servers). So if you took that extra step to make it 18+ only, you completely ruin the privacy end of things. Bad for business.

• Yes i agree with you too many young females coming on here
    age 13, 14 etc aren't even ready for a real relationship
    they come on here looking for advice and their questions
    are way immature now not all of them but some of them

• So what? They have questions, you and me often have the answers. Thus why not give them the answer they need?

• Why, so people can lie about their age?

• I know right.

• Lol a verification system to sign up for GaG? The ONLY purpose that would serve is to discourage people from signing up and that means less revenue for the site.

• Yeah so they won't get sued i guess

What Girls Said 16

• I think a lot of people who are under 18 would like advice in some aspect of their life. when you're in high school or even middle school, you're usually more confused than ever and seeking advice and reassurance. this is site is kinda to help people with their problems so i dont feel there needs to be any age restriction.

• No, I'm under 18 and I act in a mature manner if that's what you're worried about, teen years are hard with relationships and you're just trying to figure things out so it's nice to be able to ask questions, I've helped multiple people well over the age of 18 on here.

• Not at all. The main point of this site is to give and receive dating/relationship advice and advice on the opposite sex. Teens are the ones who seem to need help with these things the most.

• No. I've been mature my whole life and lied about my age online because some people are treated a certain way because of age. I'm 17 now but I've been thinking about these type of things and asking these type of questions since I was 13. You shouldn't discriminate because of age. There are young people who act old and old people who act young.

• I think yes and no ,

Yes , cuz i think its for adults ,
    And
    No, cuz people under 18 , will lie about their age

• Not really some users in their 20's and 30's are kinda immature too

• I would say 18+ only because there's a lot of sexually charged content here that's not strictly limited to the sexuality section. But I've seen quite a few under 18s give really good opinions.

That said GaG should go back to the age limit being 16+. This is because teens that age do need quite a bit of help navigating dating/relationship but are mature enough to handle some of the more sexual content.

Age verifications wouldn't work. People find ways to lie about it.

• Yes filllllerrrrr

• How would the verification work?

• I'm gonna answer your question with another question:
    p*rn is for people 21 and up, so why are people 20 and under able to view it? I caught my little cousin on a pornsite and she was 11 at the time.

• No, i think you already know about the stuff on here anyways at like 16 and i joined at 16 and it helped me out some, it isn't like you can ask sex questions then anyways

• NO :( ^ here's my reason.

Seriously though, other users are right, everyone will lie about their age anyway. I've been doing it since I was ten.

• I think GaG should have a filtered system where 18 and under can't see questions asking about bj, sex, penis size, etc. Until 18 and over.

• By the time you're 18, most folks have figured that out. One of the main reasons GAGexists is so young people can ask uncomfortable questions without being afraif of being judged. Asking sex questions is hard enough as a teenager. I remember. Wish toheck this place had been here when I was 12, perpetually fapping, popping wood at the drop of a hat and wondering if I was some kind of masturbating pervert.

• Haha. I mean, they can ask, just not see the rest of the questions.

• No but that would help in decreasing annoying users on here.

• What type of verification? A copy of their birth certificate? Let's say they have to add in their birth date. Ok, just change the year. Simple. Lol. It wouldn't really make a difference. It's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.

• People are going to lie regardless
    And how are they going to verify it? Makes no sense. That's a waste of time