Do you permanently block people or is it generally temporary?

I'm curious as to why people wanted the 'block list' feature to come back. In most cases I forget who I block and that's just that. Not that I hold grudges (I do) but I just never think about it after that.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• I got along for years without blocking anyone. Then one very antagonistic, rude person just when crazy and ended with "fuck off". I had been trying to answer a question, she somehow came up with a strange interpretation of my opinion, then went ballistic when I tried to explain what I was trying to get across. I decided that there was no way I wanted to get into another conversation with that person, so the block went up and it is permanent.

And I had at least one guy block me. He was getting fruitcake and I was thinking about blocking him when he blocked me. That was fine with me.

What gets weird is trying to follow a conversation of an opinion and many comments when one of the commenters is a blocker/blockee. You only see some of the conversation and it doesn't make sense.

• Permanently blocked. I used to have over 100 people blocked but they deleted them all after the site switched over. So now it's only like 30 :(

• Ironically enough, the people that I've blocked all ended up leaving the site. So I go unblock them AND also never deal with them again. Win-win!!!

• I block them and forget about them. I don't want them to bother me again.

• I've never blocked anyone. People on the internet are too unimportant for me to hold grudges against them. (shrugs)

• Its usually permanent. I don't wanna deal with them ever again soo, yeah.

One time this guy was an asshole to me for like no reason, so I returned the attitude and later made him look stupid. Then his gag gf hit me up like, why you being mean? He was trying to be nice, blah blah. And I had to tell that bitch off two.
    So I ended up blocking two people. No reregrets.

• I usual judge people on their actions (ones I personal see) so if someone burns a bridge then I'm done, I don't see why it should be any different weather its in real life or blocking someone on here

• I've never blocked anyone.
    I get blocked by a lot of people though lol

• I dont block people, I have yet to find a person that pisses me off to a point where I feel the need to block them.

• Must be nice.

• I mean I obviously I dont experience the same shit girls do on the site but even if I did I want to believe that I would just shrug it off and be like whatever. Same as I do now.

• perm block.. older I get, less tolerant I get

• Never blocked nobody

• Neither, never blocked any one.

• It's permadeath.

• I only block temporarily people who annoyme or piss me off, but I am still blocked by other people on here

• I never block anybody, so neither I guess.

• I don't block people

What Girls Said 10

• It depends on the situation. Sometimes I unblock at a later time and sometimes I don't. If a user is being hostile to me on a particular post and will not stop commenting, I may block just to diffuse the situation and then later unblock them.

However, if I see a user is hostile, antagonistic, or offensive in EVERY post they make, or if they are repeatedly harrassing me, then I will block them indefinitely.

• I've only ever blocked one person on here, and it's permanently.
    I don't really block people unless I have to. And if I have to, it obviously means that it's permanent. I don't block people for silly reasons. I literally block them if I don't want to have anything to do with them. That in itself kinda defeats the whole temporarily blocking someone thing.

• Once they're blocked it's forever.

• Depends on why I blocked them. If you deliberately insult me, troll me/troll my question, send me inappropriate messages, you get permanently blocked. If I just have a spat with someone in a comment or on my answer/question and I get annoyed, it'll be a temporary block. I rarely do that though.

I don't think I've ever been blocked by anyone here, at least not to my knowledge.

• I've blocked people but usually forget that I've blocked them, so they just stay blocked.
    But they're usually people who send me gross messages and I wouldn't want to unblock them anyway haha.

• I block and leave it that way

• Maybe you should just block me and leave it that way :/

• Hi knotme! I think you are lying to me about that. There's some sexual tension here, at least loool.

• Yea from him. He's the one talking about doing things Hard …... : D

• block em for life ha ha

• I don't block users on here.

• I block forever, if I didn't like them before why would I unblock them?

• I block them for life 😏