Guys, after being on this site, is it weird to hear about the minute details women obsess about and care about when it comes to you?

I was browsing through questions and saw some things that I would never think of in terms of insecurities. Is it weird to now know that women freak out over things like tan-lines, bikini bumps, body shape because they're so afraid of you not liking what you see?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think each gender obssesses about different things, but both obsess quite well. While women worry about their figure, guys are worried if they are macho enough or confident sounding enough or if there voice is low enough or if they make enough money or drive a cool enough car and the list goes on and on.

Whether its a woman seeking perfect bell shaped curves or a man trying to balance the crazy dance of being both tough and sensitive, and knowing what she wants + other mindreading, its all apart of the big show that is our society's mating ritual.

In a way, its all really kind silly. Yet we all play. :)

What Guys Said 10

• There are many that I already knew. They are pretty obvious. But some that did surprise me also exist. Women need to stop worrying so much about themselves. And the media needs to change. But I don't know if that's even possible now. It has gone too far to come back.

• In fact i feel much closer to women now :)( not in reality at all lol)
    Sometimes they are annoying but deep inside it feels " oh god that's so cute!"
    Girls don't open up in reality in the way they do in gag. So i am getting exposed to their inside world. So sad that i cannot meet any female gager in reality.
    But only certain personality type of female gagers ( like Say introverted type) are here and hence they don't represent the thoughts of all women.

• Nope, I already know everything a woman wants so I rarely bother reading such questions in the first place.

• I already knew this, nothing out of the ordinary. When my ex met me and I asked her out for a date, she admitted she could not decide what to wear and she looked in every mirror in the house to make sure she looked good. =)

• Wait... Is that abnormal?

• looking in every mirror... I do that to any reflective surface I see, just to make sure that my nose doesn't look crooked, or my teeth haven't somehow moved out of place. That my hair is still curled or that my makeup isn't smudged.

• haha, well I thought it was a little obsessive to make sure she looked good in every mirror. I mean the mirror is reflecting what you look like, you aren't going to physically change looking in a different mirror. Girls are so complex, but it is why I love them.

• some of them are kinda odd. It just reaffirms how little i understand women.

• i already know about the things women obsess about. it doesn't bother me. it only bothers me when they brag about it, and not show proof

• Its very eye opening

• What was probably the most eye opening question you read?

• I think that question needs to be sent to school boards nation wide so we can showcase how terrible sex education is in this country.

• Everybody with a computer has p*rn why spread the dieasese

• Not really, no. There are plenty of girls I've met in person that don't stress themselves out over the little details, think too much, and just generally enjoy themselves in the moment. It's a charming trait for a girl (or anyone, for that matter), but I've only really seen it belong to girls on this site.

So if anything, the girls on this site have some work to do...not the ones in real life

• The girls on this site are girls in real life... And have you thought that maybe they don't share these insecurities with you?

• A lot of the questions are about women and men and their insecurities. I'm not angry. It would be pointless and irrational to be angry at someone for stating their opinion. I was just highlighting that the women who use this sight are indeed real life women.

and sweetie, we're better at hiding our crazy than you think, you wouldn't be able to spot us miles away :)

• Oh ok. I was about to say...if you were somehow getting angry at me, "Here we have exhibit A" lol

But I was meaning more of the girls I actually get to know. Of course no one can really tell how a person is going to be. The "spot them from a mile away" is just once you get to know them more and it starts becoming obvious that they're really into these odd details that nobody else thinks about. It's not about man or woman, those kinds of gender stereotypes are useless.

Thinking a woman can "hide her crazy" like it's some kind of natural talent isn't something to be proud about, and it would be similar to me saying that I assume things about people before I know them. They're the same kind of assumption.

• girls just haven't learned yet to control their out of controlled jumbled emotions

• For what you mentioned? Not at all weird. I've heard plenty of chit chat between women and sounds like usual stuff.

What I do find interesting is the amount of women, or rather girls that have no idea about relationships in general. Things like how to tell if a person likes them, how to get him interested, should I get back with my ex, I like my best friend/coworker what do I do?

I haven't looked at the questions on the guys prospective but I'd imagine something similar.

Its just interesting how many of these questions get asked. I would never have thought girls didn't know these things.

• I guess that's true too. I never really thought of that. I was just reading guy perspectives and wanted to post a PSA of things that we ABSOLUTELY could care less about. It saddened me a little to see how much these small things were affecting the self esteems of both men and women.

• I feel ya, it really is sad our culture is so highly focused on looks that people have anxiety of tan lines or lip fuzz. Crazy the things we stress over

• Really man..you are so right. Many women have no idea about relationship and men's world. Many women too had no idea that why men stare at them.
      Some even don't realise that hiw they are or can be used for sex and all.
      Many girls don't have any idea why men love having sex with women or why do men suddenly start ignoring them after sex.
      I am shocked! I thought women do it on purpose ( i am sure many women do know what's happening around) and they had complete idea on what men wants from them. Or when do men really love them or why do they get attracted to players and all.

What Girls Said 2

• There are guys with the same concerns

• In my defense, I ask questions here because I can't find the social norms elsewhere. (I have Asperger's Syndrome...)